3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Thank you for reply

"
bout defiance banner : you could get an enlighten gem, even level 3 will do, to add it to your aura setup. Will require some socket recoloring on your chest.

Yea, plan is to slot banner enlighten and malevolence in the end as 6 link setup

"
When you say boss fights, what kinds of bosses are you talking about ? Uber Pinnacle your damage is clearly too low, but others shouldn't be "too hard" (now it would be a lot easier to do pinnacle bosses if you enhanced your dps.

Invitations mostly im talking about, elderslayers i've done, but feared for example i dont know what will happen

"
(remove that right side of the tree, for starters)

Then watchtowers has to be annointed and i lose Hired Killer which contributes a LOT to my survival, thats why i still hesitate to do it

"
Take a look at this build in PoB : https://pobb.in/XpeTFzzBkSvG it's a 3.22 league char, someone else on this thread. It should give you directions for tree (remove that right side of the tree, for starters), items, skills. It is dot capped against pinnacle bosses, and deals something like 10-12M on uber pinnacle.

Bit lazy with analyzing your whole build, if you take a look at the 5-10 last pages on this thread you'll see what i recommended to about everyone here.

You can even take a look at my own char, but some things aren't comparable because it is from crucible league.

Thank you man, will try to figure it out
Last edited by ActiveGrass on Sep 8, 2023, 6:24:09 AM
"
ActiveGrass wrote:

Thank you man, will try to figure it out

I mean, I'm still available for more specific questions you would have.
About hired killer, i was able to go for it (and it's huge qol while mapping, but my char is level 100, it may be a lot more annoying to do since they nerfed 5 ways).

For invitations and the feared, to me it's really about your dps.
Last league my first feared was a surprise, i thought it would be hard and ran it white but with the output i already had (build was clearly not what it is today) it just ended in a few secs.

There's really lots of damage to get from modifying your tree to look more like the pob i linked/my tree, getting cluster jewels and malevolence.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Sep 8, 2023, 7:12:25 AM
"
I mean, I'm still available for more specific questions you would have.
About hired killer, i was able to go for it (and it's huge qol while mapping, but my char is level 100, it may be a lot more annoying to do since they nerfed 5 ways).

For invitations and the feared, to me it's really about your dps.
Last league my first feared was a surprise, i thought it would be hard and ran it white but with the output i already had (build was clearly not what it is today) it just ended in a few secs.

There's really lots of damage to get from modifying your tree to look more like the pob i linked/my tree, getting cluster jewels and malevolence.

I suppose leveling is the best thing i can do right now to have more choices, you are correct, thank you

I have a question on this item
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Soul Dome
Blizzard Crown
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
Quality: +26%
Evasion Rating: 262
Energy Shield: 53
--------
Requirements:
Level: 75
Str: 68
Dex: 79
Int: 155
--------
Sockets: R-B-B-B
--------
Explosive Arrow has 15% increased Attack Speed (enchant)
--------
Adds 85 to 122 Cold Damage (implicit)
Your Hits treat Cold Resistance as 10% higher than actual value (implicit)
--------
+49 to maximum Mana
12% increased Rarity of Items found
+32% to Lightning Resistance
14% chance to Ignite
Ignites you inflict deal Damage 15% faster
Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance
+70 to maximum Life (crafted)
--------
Redeemer Item
Warlord Item

saw it here
Spoiler
https://poe.ninja/builds/ancestor/character/Fl%C3%B4yd/FLOYD_WITCH_TOTA?i=8&search=skills%3DExplosive%2BArrow

Any idea how he got 15 faster ignites there? Never seen one before. That helm is so insane
"
ActiveGrass wrote:

I have a question on this item
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Soul Dome
Blizzard Crown
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
Quality: +26%
Evasion Rating: 262
Energy Shield: 53
--------
Requirements:
Level: 75
Str: 68
Dex: 79
Int: 155
--------
Sockets: R-B-B-B
--------
Explosive Arrow has 15% increased Attack Speed (enchant)
--------
Adds 85 to 122 Cold Damage (implicit)
Your Hits treat Cold Resistance as 10% higher than actual value (implicit)
--------
+49 to maximum Mana
12% increased Rarity of Items found
+32% to Lightning Resistance
14% chance to Ignite
Ignites you inflict deal Damage 15% faster
Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance
+70 to maximum Life (crafted)
--------
Redeemer Item
Warlord Item

saw it here
Spoiler
https://poe.ninja/builds/ancestor/character/Fl%C3%B4yd/FLOYD_WITCH_TOTA?i=8&search=skills%3DExplosive%2BArrow

Any idea how he got 15 faster ignites there? Never seen one before. That helm is so insane

From an old post here, I crafted mine the same way. Gotta have an ilvl83+ blizzard crown (preferably with ea enchant already on it), and the warlord helmet gotta be ilvl 85, preferably already with 2 warlord modes on it, one being the fire res mode.

"You hit the Blizzard Crown with a Redeemer Exalt and roll for T1 increased burning damage and one other influence Mod. Then use Orb of Dominance and try to elevate the burning damage mod. Do this until you get the mod you want elevated.

Get a random lvl85 Warlord Helmet and roll it for the -fire res mod and one other influence mod (you can buy one aswell) and elevate the -fire res mod.

After the first two steps are done you awakener orb them together (click the bad warlord base first and the blizzard crown second). Now you got a blizzard crown with the two elevated suffixes and a random 3. suffix (you are stuck with the 3. suffix unless you want to try a lucky annul (not recommended)).

Since your suffixes are done now you can craft your prefixes however you want them (craft life, harvest rerolls, veiled mods etc. depending on what you are aiming for). Dont forget the suffixes cannot be changed craft when crafting your prefixes."

Another really good helmet and much easier to get early on with the +15 attack speed ea enchant on it is Devoto's Devotion. All good stats for the build there.
Last edited by Headtourist on Sep 8, 2023, 10:17:23 AM
"
ActiveGrass wrote:

Invitations mostly im talking about, elderslayers i've done, but feared for example i dont know what will happen

"
(remove that right side of the tree, for starters)

Then watchtowers has to be annointed and i lose Hired Killer which contributes a LOT to my survival, thats why i still hesitate to do it

Feared is endgame. Wait until you have better gears if you are not sure. As for hired killer, it is nice for leveling, but for mapping, you are better to go with more DPS.

A jewel with "x% chance to taunt enemies on hit with attack" make them focus on your totem, "ignites you inflict spread to other enemies within X" on your glove (searing implicit) so you can use another gem on your bow.

The issue isn't your character level, but your gear. You can easily increase your attack speed by 55% with : 20% increased attack speed from onslaught (sleepless sentries), 20% from a new quiver and 15% from the helm enchant.
Thank you guys, slowly making some progress.
How do you get rid of lifetap support on EA? Have some unreserved mana left from auras i suppose? You need pretty good mana regen to spam totems..
"
ActiveGrass wrote:
Thank you guys, slowly making some progress.
How do you get rid of lifetap support on EA? Have some unreserved mana left from auras i suppose? You need pretty good mana regen to spam totems..

There are several ways to go, i know about the regular one with lifetap, less about the other one without.
I think that on the second case, you don't go for the blizzard crown, because you need a helmet with mana reservation implicit.

It's a whole different setup where i'm also not sure you can fit as many auras, and I'm also not sure about mana sustain, as I think there's common use of vaal clarity.

On my character, i don't have the lifetap gem, but that's because lifetap is provided by my crucible tree, which is no longer a thing.

To keep things simple, i really advise you to take a look at the PoB i gave you before. It's the most "straightforward" route.

Also be (really) careful if/when using Poeninja, as people are cheating the website for dps/making mistakes copying others mistakes... If you take a look at the top dps elementalist explosive arrow, for example, he uses a wrong glove implicit that doesnt give anything in game (and doesnt have proliferation also), but the website treats it as extra damage... Another example with his lethal pride jewel : it's focused on double damage nodes, probably because the website also gives extra damage with wrong calculations, but in PoB, regular jewels (faster ignites/fire damage...) grant more damage.
Also his ehp are 22k. When mine or yours are above 100k.
All this to not deal more damage than Deerfart character.
And I highly doubt that poeninja character (and many others) performs that well.

Edit : To recap, with PoB links :

So you can compare in terms of output/building/defences :
- last season with lifetap : https://pobb.in/UhZsXoPntaEk
- last season without lifetap (vaal clarity enabled) : https://pobb.in/a2l-s3qp7kWZ

My recommendation for your directions (not mandatory tho, but at least we know it has performed :
- current season with lifetap : https://pobb.in/XpeTFzzBkSvG
Last edited by Headtourist on Sep 9, 2023, 12:57:14 PM
"
There are several ways to go, i know about the regular one with lifetap, less about the other one without.
I think that on the second case, you don't go for the blizzard crown, because you need a helmet with mana reservation implicit.

Thank you for detailed explanation, you are MVP

What do I need to activate all auras?
Grace + Determination + Defiance Banner + Malevolence + Precision (low level)

6L + Enlighten lvl 4 + Mortifying Aspect or Uncompromising will do it? Or there is a different/better approach?

Currently I'm running Grace + Determination + Defiance Banner + Precision. Immune to ailments and spell suppression is 100%. Sometimes I drop Determination for Malevolence, but I feel safer with the first one due to the atlas nodes with increased effects on modifiers for non-unique maps. My plan is to transition from Palstreon starter build to the ones recommended in here lately. What do you think I should upgrade first? Should I go for Unnatural Instinct or Enlighten lvl 4 (almost there with the currency)...Or maybe a better bow will suit me better?

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by joint77 on Sep 10, 2023, 5:04:47 AM
"
joint77 wrote:
What do I need to activate all auras?
Grace + Determination + Defiance Banner + Malevolence + Precision (low level)

6L + Enlighten lvl 4 + Mortifying Aspect or Uncompromising will do it? Or there is a different/better approach?

Currently I'm running Grace + Determination + Defiance Banner + Precision. Immune to ailments and spell suppression is 100%. Sometimes I drop Determination for Malevolence, but I feel safer with the first one due to the atlas nodes with increased effects on modifiers for non-unique maps. My plan is to transition from Palstreon starter build to the ones recommended in here lately. What do you think I should upgrade first? Should I go for Unnatural Instinct or Enlighten lvl 4 (almost there with the currency)...Or maybe a better bow will suit me better?

Thank you in advance!

Hey.

Well, you indeed need to get rid of the "early palsteron-y tree" so you can get a cluster jewel setup, one of the jewels being a mana reservation small cluster (12% from two small nodes) with mortifying aspect (50% reservation efficiency on malevolence), and an enlighten 4 gem. So yeah, what you said will do.
You'll have to allocate watchtowers with amulet anointment, rework the tree and the cost will be more than the enlighten due to the jewels + the 6L.

The unnatural instinct jewel mostly allows you to get some more points to allocate elsewhere on your tree (going for extra jewels etc) so probably secondary in your case.

Right now, a new bow/endgame bow would be something like +15% dps, but you pretty much "only" would gain the fire damage as extra chaos damage, something like this (page 290 for the craft recipe)

Spoiler
Thicket Bow
Quality: 24+
Sockets: R-R-R-R-G-G
LevelReq: 56
Implicits: 2
{crafted}Quality does not increase Physical Damage
{crafted}1% increased Attack Speed per 8% Quality
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
19% increased Attack Speed
{crafted}Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
{crafted}+20% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier
{crafted}Gain 16% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

So when it comes to the bow, the more damage you build before crafting it, the more damage you'll get from crafting a new one, it may not be the priority right now but will definitely be something to aim for in the future.

About the chest (since it's the item you'll 6L for auras), unless you're really into armor, you may want to consider hyrri's ire which is a 10% dps boost, and will provide more ehp/dex/evasion than yours.
Last edited by Headtourist on Sep 10, 2023, 7:05:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info