3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Ok I am back after some toil:

Took on board some suggestions and swapped some stuff around. I took a page out of Headtourist's book and picke dup cinderswallow.

My POB is now showing ignite dps exceeds game limit - is this a thing? If so should I scale down towards defense.

Also - I am looking at the defensive lethal pride, the higher number one I believe does the defensive changes to notables... or should I go with the burning one?

EDIT: Forgot to add - I am still working on the 15 ias enchant blizz crown for EA. Kind of a pain, because I am shooting for the ignite length one, but need to mess with resists.
Last edited by DeerFart on Aug 29, 2023, 7:47:11 AM
"
DeerFart wrote:
Ok I am back after some toil:

Took on board some suggestions and swapped some stuff around. I took a page out of Headhunter's book and picke dup cinderswallow.

My POB is now showing ignite dps exceeds game limit - is this a thing? If so should I scale down towards defense.

Also - I am looking at the defensive lethal pride, the higher number one I believe does the defensive changes to notables... or should I go with the burning one?

EDIT: Forgot to add - I am still working on the 15 ias enchant blizz crown for EA. Kind of a pain, because I am shooting for the ignite length one, but need to mess with resists.

Hello.

First, no need to link your items, if we wanna check in PoB, we usually import your character. What you could do is generate a link through PoB export options ("Build Sharing") so we already get your configuration options.

Next, about the dot dps exceeding game limit, it is a thing. DoT is capped to some integer, per minute. It's about 35.8M damage per second.
But reaching the limit on regular monsters/bosses doesn't mean you've reached the limit on ubers or under delirious effect, for example, as the delirium monsters and uber bosses will have up to 80% and 70% less damage taken.
What i do is parameter the enemy stats to "uber pinnacle bosses".
Now if you don't plan on farming ubers or delirium/simulacrum, your damage is fine as is and you could indeed focus on something else next.

About jewels you'll need someone else than me. What I can tell you is that currently the PoB tool shows 12515 to be the best variant you can get when it comes to dps (1.2M more uber pinnacle dps than yours).
But I have no knowledge about defensive ones.

You mention resists on your crown lines so I took a look at them.
Saw you had a resists flask, which i didnt understand at first, but it seems you're using the onslaught and +3 charges to try to keep the buff.
If so, I highly advise you to get Sleepless sentries on your cluster setup, that is basically perma onslaught + you now get a free flask slot (hello atziri's promise :> ).

Then, if i disable that flask and look at the helmet, what i see is that you would lack 20% lightning res to be capped without it. This is fixable, however lightning res is the one that's most annoying (as cold and fire, you can just get better res on dyadian and polaric).
Maybe on ring, see if you can find something equivalent but with more lightning res or an open suffix. Now you have flammability on hit so may be harder.
One way would be to craft your own ring, make it warlord, harvest roll caster or curse to hit flammability (tier doesnt matter anymore) and some other good explicit(s). If you get a good prefix, you could multicraft it (but multi is a suffix itself.

Example of a "gg ring" that solves your issue :
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Crafted Item
Amethyst Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 38
--------
Item Level: 100
--------
+23% to Chaos Resistance (implicit)
--------
40% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
(+56 to maximum Life)
Curse Enemies with Vulnerability on Hit
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
+27% to Lightning Resistance (crafted)
17% increased Damage (crafted)

--------
Warlord Item

You can even consider using resistances catalyst on it if need be.

Anyway, tree is good (would advise to improve the cluster setup), items are fine (you can upgrade some, will certainly be expensive), and on the skill side, you could try the 21/0 EA, see how it feels, and of course awakened elemental damage when you can afford it.

Not sure why you have both molten shell and IC, that's two guard skills.
If you are using molten shell, i hope you're running determination (MS is not good without a good chunk of armor these days).
I say that because i believe that one of your auras isn't active right now, and i don't know which one.

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Aug 29, 2023, 7:27:48 AM
As usual, I have homework. Copy all - five head play with the sleepless sentries...

...Ill be back...

...with a POB link

Anyone tested the new Sadism gem?
I mean not on PoB, in real game?

Looks decent and it feels like the ignites are very long so it might be good.
I cant imagine they made a useless gem, witch would be the case if the ignites are so short they are useless.
They probably balkanced it so it wouldnt be too good tough.
I seen top discharge builds use the replica emeberwake so it seems it might work.
Hi o/

Any idea if "tattoo of the arohongui warmonger" (kiling blows have 10% chance to shatter enemies as though frozen) works with this build?
btw the blind tattoo works with totems, so that's another small defensive layer + less accuracy needed
"
Headtourist wrote:

Hello.

First, no need to link your items, if we wanna check in PoB, we usually import your character. What you could do is generate a link through PoB export options ("Build Sharing") so we already get your configuration options.

Next, about the dot dps exceeding game limit, it is a thing. DoT is capped to some integer, per minute. It's about 35.8M damage per second.
But reaching the limit on regular monsters/bosses doesn't mean you've reached the limit on ubers or under delirious effect, for example, as the delirium monsters and uber bosses will have up to 80% and 70% less damage taken.
What i do is parameter the enemy stats to "uber pinnacle bosses".
Now if you don't plan on farming ubers or delirium/simulacrum, your damage is fine as is and you could indeed focus on something else next.

About jewels you'll need someone else than me. What I can tell you is that currently the PoB tool shows 12515 to be the best variant you can get when it comes to dps (1.2M more uber pinnacle dps than yours).
But I have no knowledge about defensive ones.

You mention resists on your crown lines so I took a look at them.
Saw you had a resists flask, which i didnt understand at first, but it seems you're using the onslaught and +3 charges to try to keep the buff.
If so, I highly advise you to get Sleepless sentries on your cluster setup, that is basically perma onslaught + you now get a free flask slot (hello atziri's promise :> ).

Then, if i disable that flask and look at the helmet, what i see is that you would lack 20% lightning res to be capped without it. This is fixable, however lightning res is the one that's most annoying (as cold and fire, you can just get better res on dyadian and polaric).
Maybe on ring, see if you can find something equivalent but with more lightning res or an open suffix. Now you have flammability on hit so may be harder.
One way would be to craft your own ring, make it warlord, harvest roll caster or curse to hit flammability (tier doesnt matter anymore) and some other good explicit(s). If you get a good prefix, you could multicraft it (but multi is a suffix itself.

Example of a "gg ring" that solves your issue :
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Crafted Item
Amethyst Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 38
--------
Item Level: 100
--------
+23% to Chaos Resistance (implicit)
--------
40% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
(+56 to maximum Life)
Curse Enemies with Vulnerability on Hit
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
+27% to Lightning Resistance (crafted)
17% increased Damage (crafted)

--------
Warlord Item

You can even consider using resistances catalyst on it if need be.

Anyway, tree is good (would advise to improve the cluster setup), items are fine (you can upgrade some, will certainly be expensive), and on the skill side, you could try the 21/0 EA, see how it feels, and of course awakened elemental damage when you can afford it.

Not sure why you have both molten shell and IC, that's two guard skills.
If you are using molten shell, i hope you're running determination (MS is not good without a good chunk of armor these days).
I say that because i believe that one of your auras isn't active right now, and i don't know which one.

I am back, sensei. I think i managed to do something here.

EDIT: forgot POB https://pastebin.com/MUkMYneV

Lucky enough to have some successful trades to swap the helmet (which has lightning) so my res ended up being OK w/o ring swapping.

I am a bit shaky with POB so would appreciate checking out my config. To answer you aura question, Determination is what is inactive. I still see the benefit from molten though.

Atziri's is bonkers.

As always standing by for suggestions. Im really hitting diminishing returns now I believe? Most curious if Im configing POB correctly to make informed decisions.
Last edited by DeerFart on Aug 30, 2023, 9:04:00 AM
"
DeerFart wrote:
I am back, sensei. I think i managed to do something here.

EDIT: forgot POB https://pastebin.com/MUkMYneV

Lucky enough to have some successful trades to swap the helmet (which has lightning) so my res ended up being OK w/o ring swapping.

I am a bit shaky with POB so would appreciate checking out my config. To answer you aura question, Determination is what is inactive. I still see the benefit from molten though.

Atziri's is bonkers.

As always standing by for suggestions. Im really hitting diminishing returns now I believe? Most curious if Im configing POB correctly to make informed decisions.

Hey.

Nice helmet !

POB config :
- Maybe clear everything next time you import items/skills/tree (and tbh, everytime you import, just keep these boxes checked)
- Activate lifetap
- Deactivate "have you hit recently"/"have you killed recently"

Molten shell :

ignore spoiler paragraph, thinking out loud
Spoiler
Try Steelskin instead, 20k ehp when active while MS is 6k5 without determination. Even with determination it's 23.5k vs 18.5k.
Still not convinced by the dual guard skills...
You could just stay with the CWDT/IC setup and forget the other one, since the cd is shared between all of them.
Also probably use a lower level CWDT to lower the threshold. (not an expert, haven't used it for years)

In short, and in my opinion, either keep CWDT/IC/lifetap (lower CWDT lvl) and maybe add something like increased duration support (and that's your 4L)
Unless you really need a free socket or 2 and just put steelskin/lifetap/(increased duration).
The gameplay is different, first setup is a bit more ehp and autoactivates.
The second is a bit less ehp. Second setup is either "passive half time buff on movement mouse click or "panic button" (if you have skills shortcuts available still).

Your reservation mastery is useless (+1 max ele res) because you don't reserve life. Prefer 1st or 5th option on that mastery, unless you find better value elsewhere.

Elemental mastery is useless too since you're running purity of elements and are immune to elemental ailments. That's one free point to allocate elsewhere.

Also, i'm just realizing now, looks like you're level 95 and are at 116/123 skill points. Didn't you kill all bandits ? Or did you forget a quest or two somewhere ? (you can pick your bandit on the config panel, if you didnt kill all)

Not sure where to take you then, you're near Brunowa's PoB, and can't really compare with mine since i have a crucible tree, a 7L etc. There's the lightning Spire Trap/combustion setup maybe, since you have 2 sockets available on your helmet and lifetap already on it.
Last edited by Headtourist on Aug 30, 2023, 4:01:42 PM
I followed Maxroll's guide, the only guide I can find for 3.22
Why does my character feel so bad?

Feels like I'm dying pretty commonly, couldn't even do wave 28 sim.

DPS feels like its not as strong as the video guides. Genuinly dont know what to do at this point.

https://pobb.in/4UCjzM_v17Ln
"
MaliceRed wrote:
I followed Maxroll's guide, the only guide I can find for 3.22
Why does my character feel so bad?

Feels like I'm dying pretty commonly, couldn't even do wave 28 sim.

DPS feels like its not as strong as the video guides. Genuinly dont know what to do at this point.

https://pobb.in/4UCjzM_v17Ln

Hello.
Regarding simulacrum, the build can/will struggle, we're still elementalists, and though you are chaos capped etc, we're commonly weak to physical damage, and lost the totem taunt in 3.22.

About the build, if you're looking for regular improvement, i would advise you to take a look at Deerfart PoB's above when it comes to dps as he has 5 times your damage.
Also take a look at the few last pages in this thread as I've spent some time giving advice with upgrades that could benefit you too.

But upgrades would be mainly on the offence side. Lots of things you can do to get better damage.

If what you want is feel really tanky and not care much about dps, well take a look at Zizaran's HC character ( https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zizaran/characters ) or something.
You won't have the kind of damage you can get as an elementalist tho.
Last edited by Headtourist on Aug 31, 2023, 6:32:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info