3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Ah yes forgot about that question.
Vitality might be annoying due to reservation.
So yeah, you can get regen on some gear (i have t1 on boots, for example). Also enduring cry gem is kind of an extra potion every few seconds.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328

This is where I am at so far. Ignore the gem slots im putzing around with some things.

On the agenda is to lose the cold damage on helm and farm up a watcher's eye. Also need to figure out a + skills amulet. I am running a different cluster setup as well which is working very nicely.

Went for Flow of life, Ancestral Echo, Circling Oblivion and Student of Decay because I dont think im fitting another aura even with the Malevolence passive thing.

Any tips or suggestions welcome as always.
"
DeerFart wrote:

On the agenda is to lose the cold damage on helm and farm up a watcher's eye. Also need to figure out a + skills amulet. I am running a different cluster setup as well which is working very nicely.

Went for Flow of life, Ancestral Echo, Circling Oblivion and Student of Decay because I dont think im fitting another aura even with the Malevolence passive thing.

Hey.

First, from what i see, POB considers you're getting 16 fuses so it looks like there's 30% more dps to achieve from getting to max fuses.

Skills and items :

Same as the previous guy, you don't need ignite prolif on your 6 link. Get that as exarch implicit on gloves and remove the useless (yes it is) -10 res exposure on hit, it's useless, it doesn't stack with EE exposure.
Recolor if able to put on (awakened) deadly ailments instead (4R 2G).

I'm not sure why you would want to remove the Blizzard Crown implicit, it's 7.5% of your ignite dps, it's the sole reason why we try to get that kind of rare helmet in the first place and craft on it (i think the craft method is in the few last pages, assomeone asked about it "recently").

Now in the meantime, if you wanna go the another helmet, try to look on trade for a Devoto's devotion with +15 EA attack speed. All stats in there are great, despite the lack of life. Last league there were several under 100-150c. I see that right now there are 2 listed, one for 1.5 and one for 3d.
Will require you to fix your lightning res (9%) If you're going for a watcher's eye, the jewel socket between Totemic Zeal and Exceptional Performan paths with 18 in cold and lightning res.
You'll get 2 more fuses that way between the devoto's attack speed and the enchant's attack speed.

Change your amulet anoint for Watchtowers, it's just free dps there.
And regarding the amulet, probably start the hunt for +2 and 20+ dot multi amulets on trade. Seem to be already 15d+ but you may be able to snipe a nice one for less in the next few weeks.
Or you could try to make one, it's pretty much the same craft way as RF amulets, there are guides out there, but it will be really expensive to do too.
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVDdTbWTZo for example, if you're interested in crafting yours, he pretty much explains the process )

Tree : Well you're level 87, you got some more points to get, so this will be about special jewels probably. Impossible escape, lethal pride...
With 6 more levels you fit them both in addition to a nice watcher's eye.

This should keep you busy for a while :D
Last edited by Headtourist on Aug 26, 2023, 7:58:29 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
DeerFart wrote:

Hey.

First, from what i see, POB considers you're getting 16 fuses so it looks like there's 30% more dps to achieve from getting to max fuses.

Skills and items :

Same as the previous guy, you don't need ignite prolif on your 6 link. Get that as exarch implicit on gloves and remove the useless (yes it is) -10 res exposure on hit, it's useless, it doesn't stack with EE exposure.
Recolor if able to put on (awakened) deadly ailments instead (4R 2G).

I'm not sure why you would want to remove the Blizzard Crown implicit, it's 7.5% of your ignite dps, it's the sole reason why we try to get that kind of rare helmet in the first place and craft on it (i think the craft method is in the few last pages, assomeone asked about it "recently").

Now in the meantime, if you wanna go the another helmet, try to look on trade for a Devoto's devotion with +15 EA attack speed. All stats in there are great, despite the lack of life. Last league there were several under 100-150c. I see that right now there are 2 listed, one for 1.5 and one for 3d.
Will require you to fix your lightning res (9%) If you're going for a watcher's eye, the jewel socket between Totemic Zeal and Exceptional Performan paths with 18 in cold and lightning res.
You'll get 2 more fuses that way between the devoto's attack speed and the enchant's attack speed.

Change your amulet anoint for Watchtowers, it's just free dps there.
And regarding the amulet, probably start the hunt for +2 and 20+ dot multi amulets on trade. Seem to be already 15d+ but you may be able to snipe a nice one for less in the next few weeks.
Or you could try to make one, it's pretty much the same craft way as RF amulets, there are guides out there, but it will be really expensive to do too.
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVDdTbWTZo for example, if you're interested in crafting yours, he pretty much explains the process )

Tree : Well you're level 87, you got some more points to get, so this will be about special jewels probably. Impossible escape, lethal pride...
With 6 more levels you fit them both in addition to a nice watcher's eye.

This should keep you busy for a while :D

Busy for a while indeed - didnt know that about the gloves- ill probably start there... least painful.

Will report back with results!

Is there any totem node mastery worth picking every since they removed the taunt node?
My understanding is that the "chance to spawn an additional totem" one is useless since placing all totems up to your totem cap takes a fraction of a second, and this can't bypass the max totem cap.

Also, at what point is it worth dropping ignite proliferation? It seems very high QOL in mapping, is the gem something you replace when you're focusing on end game bossing only?

Thanks
"
Lightz wrote:
Is there any totem node mastery worth picking every since they removed the taunt node?
My understanding is that the "chance to spawn an additional totem" one is useless since placing all totems up to your totem cap takes a fraction of a second, and this can't bypass the max totem cap.

Also, at what point is it worth dropping ignite proliferation? It seems very high QOL in mapping, is the gem something you replace when you're focusing on end game bossing only?

Thanks

Totem node :
If you really want to get a node, i suppose the "5% damage from hits is taken from your nearest totem's life before you" can be "a bit useful". Took it at first, but i'm really not sure what difference it made, it should be easy to find something better on your tree.

Ignite prolif explanation :
Exarch implicit (even lower tier currency) does the same job, allowing you to replace it with "free" damage.

Example from my gloves :

Spoiler
Rift Mitts
Shagreen Gloves
Evasion: 392
EvasionBasePercentile: 0.6071
Unique ID: 9a0cef6fedb408641ed3b1b7e04b27cccecf76e174d3e3b06e8dead0cb19461a
Item Level: 85
Quality: 28
Sockets: R-B-W-W
LevelReq: 54
Implicits: 3
{crafted}Trigger Commandment of Inferno on Kill
14% increased Global Accuracy Rating
Ignites you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of 14
{fractured}+555 to Accuracy Rating
+12% chance to Suppress Spell Damage
Adds 2 to 28 Lightning Damage to Attacks
18% increased Attack Speed
+108 to Evasion Rating
{crafted}+70 to maximum Life
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Lightz wrote:

Thanks

Totem node :
If you really want to get a node, i suppose the "5% damage from hits is taken from your nearest totem's life before you" can be "a bit useful". Took it at first, but i'm really not sure what difference it made, it should be easy to find something better on your tree.

Ignite prolif explanation :
Exarch implicit (even lower tier currency) does the same job, allowing you to replace it with "free" damage.

Example from my gloves :

Spoiler
Rift Mitts
Shagreen Gloves
Evasion: 392
EvasionBasePercentile: 0.6071
Unique ID: 9a0cef6fedb408641ed3b1b7e04b27cccecf76e174d3e3b06e8dead0cb19461a
Item Level: 85
Quality: 28
Sockets: R-B-W-W
LevelReq: 54
Implicits: 3
{crafted}Trigger Commandment of Inferno on Kill
14% increased Global Accuracy Rating
Ignites you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of 14
{fractured}+555 to Accuracy Rating
+12% chance to Suppress Spell Damage
Adds 2 to 28 Lightning Damage to Attacks
18% increased Attack Speed
+108 to Evasion Rating
{crafted}+70 to maximum Life

Thanks, this is very helpful

I suppose I won't pick any totem mastery for now as I don't believe any of them are really helpful, those points could be better spent elsewhere.
I'm thinking about fitting in Purity of Elements along with the other auras, or am I better off with Determination? I think I can make it work with Enlighten 4, mortifying aspect and a couple of reservation tattoos. Would appreciate some input on anything else I can fiddle with to get better.

https://pobb.in/M5ErdpaT5O1O
Last edited by VirusUltimatum on Aug 27, 2023, 2:19:16 PM
"
I'm thinking about fitting in Purity of Elements along with the other auras, or am I better off with Determination? I think I can make it work with Enlighten 4, mortifying aspect and a couple of reservation tattoos. Would appreciate some input on anything else I can fiddle with to get better.

https://pobb.in/M5ErdpaT5O1O

Hello.
What I can say to you is that you can fit, all at the same time :
- Malevolence
- (vaal) Grace
- Defiance Banner
- Determination or Purity of Elements
- Precision (level x, being defined by your available mana)

Now the decision on your side might be between :
- getting physical reduction (which may be better this league due to totem taunt being gone (?), at the cost of having to put an extra effort into getting elem res, some chaos res, and try to get ailment immunity (or at least freeze or whatever)
- getting ele res + ailment immunity (and maybe chaos res from a watcher's) at the cost of having really low/0 physical reduction (and probably dying here and there due to that)

Since right now your resistances are capped, you could just go for mortifying aspect (mana reservation small cluster)/enlighten 4, the way that you described, try both gems if you can (recoloring/whiting the socket) and see how you feel in both cases.

I've been playing with PoE, without determination (with literally 0 armor), but I'm pretty sure this isn't the safest setup. Now on the other hand, it's nice having the chaos res bonus from watcher's and never worry about ele ailments, even if it is lazy from me.

So yeah, really your choice. I'm thinking for example of simulacrum, haven't tried one one this season, may be harder without the taunt to survive without armour.

Edit :
Now you are using lightning coil and already have some armor, do you even need determination ? I'm not sure. Of course you could always swap out the coil for a hyrri's ire chest. If keeping the lightning coil, between the two i would go for purity of elements (my humble opinion).

OR if you're fine as is, you could just IGNORE BOTH and get wrath aura instead.

---

General :

Improve your belt to get to 42% faster ignites
Get awakened elem damage gem
Keep levelling a bit
Aim at improving the bow in the future (although it's already nice)
Craft yourself a dot quiver
Get an enchanted helmet/enchant your helmet (15 increased attack speed EA is really great, you currently reach 15 fuses out of 20, apparently)
I love devoto's devotion but since you need so much lightning res right now, not sure it would be a great idea to lose it from the helmet swap.

A lot of things depend on your choice keeping lightning coil or not... Can't tell you to get attack speed on gloves currently since your suffix are full. Edit : wait, they aren't, but

Your build looks a lot like Palsteron's guide, between the coil and the tree.
Please remove the right side of the tree (take a look at mine for example, just ignore the hired killer nodes, and the avatar of the hunt that is a bonus from my weap's crucible tree). Then allocate watchtowers on your amulet.
Aim for a nice watcher's eye, a nice timeless jewel (once you've added dirty techniques nodes etc.
Rework your flasks (probably).
Etc etc.

Last edited by Headtourist on Aug 28, 2023, 6:52:41 AM
Thanks a bunch for all the info! Yeah I originally looked up a random tree off of poe.ninja around day 3 then eventually found Palsteron's video with a similar setup. I think I'll go for Purity but still ditch Coil for Hyrri's, should be easier to fit in the Blizzard Crown too. Will respec the right side once I get them.

I'm at that point in the game where defense isn't really as useful as just going full mong on dps, ailment immunity is a lot nicer for that playstyle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info