3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
KoMRaDusik wrote:
Hi, can you look at my character and explain what the problem is? The pob shows a lot of damage, but I don't see it in practice

https://pobb.in/crhaJJr4_-bi

Hello. First of all, set explosive arrow to "maximum sustainable fuses" instead of manual 18 fuses and you'll see you your dps is 33% less than what you expect. And this damage requires "perfect conditions" : all totems spawned and hitting the same monster to reach that max fuses... In practice it won't be the same except on bosses, kinda. But, you have ignite proliferation that helps spreading damage to packs).

Now if you set to bosses in configuration, you'll see that they also take about 30% less damage than regular monsters.

(On a side note) Your fire mastery on tree is useless ("crit do not ignite, 100% increased damage with hits against ignited") as your hits do about 0 damage. Take the fire exposure applies 5% more instead.

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
"
ShisuChan wrote:
"
DeerFart wrote:
I am not sure if this is answered in one of the 320 pages - but why do we pick up Ele Equilibrium?

Lightning Spire Trap -> lightning damage to inflict exposure of Ele Equi. Since we take Ancestral Bound you have to use eg a trap to trigger Ele Equi.

"
With Ancestral Bond, the character can only deal damage to enemies by indirect means such as totems, traps, mines, or minions.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Ancestral_Bond

We use elemental equilibrium to apply fire exposure to enemies.
This implies : not having any source of added fire damage on the build, and having at least 1 source of added lightning and/or cold damage. Nothing to do with ancestral bond, as the totems will have that added cold/lightning damage, so their initial hits will trigger EE and give the exposure.

Trap etc would be in the case we were lacking this source.

Also this cold/lightning damage counts when it comes to the explosion part of explosive arrow, enhancing it.

Edit : we mostly use lightning spire trap to apply combustion.
Last edited by Headtourist on Aug 21, 2023, 11:25:28 AM
Next question - how do we fit all these auras? Currently have level 4 enlighten and can only fit 3?
"
DeerFart wrote:
Next question - how do we fit all these auras? Currently have level 4 enlighten and can only fit 3?

Spoiler
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Triapka wrote:
So which auras are better for, say, before reaching red maps and later on? I see some going for Determination+Grace+Defiance banner, others for Grace+Purity?
As i understand Wrath can be added later if i get an enlighten, and is preferred over Malevolence unless the tree is changed to compensate for increased duration.

Really depends on one's preferences.

I'm currently running :
- malevolence
- precision (not max lvl though)
- grace
- defiance banner
- purity of elements (now that's purely QOL, elemental ailment immunity + defensive layer from watcher's eye). Many would prefer determination or wrath there i suppose.

Early on, if you can fit 2 between determination/grace/purity, and maybe precision on top (to help with hit chance) it will already be nice. Add whatever you can later, especially When you get some mana reservation (englighten 3, then 4 + tree/jewels)

Now, don't hate malevolence ( :D ). It gives dps, it can be combined with watcher's eye (2 nice modifiers there), and a cluster jewel with mortifying aspect make it so it has 50% increased mana res efficiency.

- Sovereignty nodes
- Small cluster with Mortifying aspect (when running Malevolence : at some point you'll have to make a choice between determination and purity of elements imho)
- Also possible to get a mana mastery, preferably on the bottom of the tree (cause you'll probably use a timeless jewel in this area) for 12% increased mana reservation efficiency)
- Adapt the level of precision aura to your available remaining mana.
Last edited by Headtourist on Aug 22, 2023, 7:31:31 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
DeerFart wrote:

Spoiler
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Triapka wrote:
So which auras are better for, say, before reaching red maps and later on? I see some going for Determination+Grace+Defiance banner, others for Grace+Purity?
As i understand Wrath can be added later if i get an enlighten, and is preferred over Malevolence unless the tree is changed to compensate for increased duration.

Really depends on one's preferences.

I'm currently running :
- malevolence
- precision (not max lvl though)
- grace
- defiance banner
- purity of elements (now that's purely QOL, elemental ailment immunity + defensive layer from watcher's eye). Many would prefer determination or wrath there i suppose.

Early on, if you can fit 2 between determination/grace/purity, and maybe precision on top (to help with hit chance) it will already be nice. Add whatever you can later, especially When you get some mana reservation (englighten 3, then 4 + tree/jewels)

Now, don't hate malevolence ( :D ). It gives dps, it can be combined with watcher's eye (2 nice modifiers there), and a cluster jewel with mortifying aspect make it so it has 50% increased mana res efficiency.

- Sovereignty nodes
- Small cluster with Mortifying aspect (when running Malevolence : at some point you'll have to make a choice between determination and purity of elements imho)
- Also possible to get a mana mastery, preferably on the bottom of the tree (cause you'll probably use a timeless jewel in this area) for 12% increased mana reservation efficiency)
- Adapt the level of precision aura to your available remaining mana.

Ok thanks for info - I will digest this!
Really pushign this build - the lifetap on totems (still only 5) is 100% noticeable though - way moreso than I thought. Maybe itemize some regen to combat this?
Hey guys, need your help. So I started EA balista on SSF this league and so far having a blast with it. Was able to get Dyadian dawn and couple other good items, right now working on the helmet.
Want can you recommend me to improve in my build?
Also, what APS should I aim for? And should I get EA 21/20 or just 21/0?
Here is my build: https://pobb.in/IHS3qAesJZuq
Last edited by skiminok1989 on Aug 25, 2023, 11:23:00 AM
"
skiminok1989 wrote:
Hey guys, need your help. So I started EA balista on SSF this league and so far having a blast with it. Was able to get Dyadian dawn and couple other good items, right now working on the helmet.

Hello.
It's probably hard to answer since you are SSF, can't just tell you to get "this or that" like in trade league.
First, congrats on hitting 90+ on SSF and "already".

---

Now, the build :

Tree : I would try to get oils to get the Watchtowers annointment to be able to remove the right side of the tree and allocate points elsewhere (the tree you got looks more like Palsteron guide/early EA).
You could get at least 2 jewel sockets, Dirty Techniques, maybe path to Hired Killer.
Or if you are able to get/craft useful cluster jewels, you could get bonuses from the large jewel socket on top of the tree. Lots of potential with clusters, but again, you're SSF so...

Considering your 4k5 hp, i would probably remove your life mastery and get the Fire Mastery for -5% fire res on exposure.
Of course, aim for a bit more chaos resistance.

---

Regarding items :

- i think devoto's devotion is not that rare an item. It's a really good helmet that would greant you movespeed, chaos res, dex and attack speed (+ armour/evasion base so no issue there considering your current setup). Wish you luck finding one !
- If you come to find the 3 different berek rings at some point (drops/div cards), the taming ring is a solid ring that lots of people use, as it grants lots of ele res and damage. E

- If you farm on exarch influence, the Black Star boss from Polaric invitation may grant you Polaric Devastation Ring, which is probably the best ring you can get (on your left ring slot).

- Atziri's Promise drops frequently on regular Atziri, nice flask (chaos res + elem damage as extra chaos).

- Then on a more "long term approach", i suppose it's all about your bow. Recipe page 290 on this thread, if you are able to find a few div, annuls, exalts and mostly essences with tree... Now, in SSF, there may be other priorities, i have no idea.

In any case i think your rings are fairly easy to upgrade to better ones.
----

On the skill side : if you get exarch currency to slam on your gloves, you can get ignite proliferation there, allowing you to replace that support for another on your bow (elemental damage with attacks or burning damage). Although that will require recoloring so gl with that.
(so if you want to go for the "long term bow", i guess it would be better to make another one with the resources you'll get over time, rather than risking ruining yours ^^ )

AND PLEASE REMOVE THE FIRE EXPOSURE IMPLICIT, IT DOESNT STACK, ITS USELESS :D (only people using it are poeninja warriors cause the website gives wrong calculations and lots more "virtual dps".

Finally, to answer your question, generally speaking we use 21/0 instead of 21/20 (explosions are faster). I made both last league and ended up only using the 0q gem.

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but anyway, gl out there, SSF exile !

Edit : forgot about the attack speed part.
I see you manually set your fuses number, you can just use the "max sustain" option there (and compare if need be to manual to know if you are able to reach 20 or not.
There's kinda never enough attack speed on this build... Your objective is to have enough to be at 20 fuses, and even a bit more because when you are actually mapping/bossing, you won't be in perfect situations all the time. "Better more than sorry" ^^

Edit 2 : maybe you can try to message "TotemMacchiato" in Ancestor League, he spent most of last league in SSF and may have some good advice.
Last edited by Headtourist on Aug 25, 2023, 2:33:25 PM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
skiminok1989 wrote:

Hello.
It's probably hard to answer since you are SSF, can't just tell you to get "this or that" like in trade league.
First, congrats on hitting 90+ on SSF and "already".

---

Now, the build :

Tree : I would try to get oils to get the Watchtowers annointment to be able to remove the right side of the tree and allocate points elsewhere (the tree you got looks more like Palsteron guide/early EA).
You could get at least 2 jewel sockets, Dirty Techniques, maybe path to Hired Killer.
Or if you are able to get/craft useful cluster jewels, you could get bonuses from the large jewel socket on top of the tree. Lots of potential with clusters, but again, you're SSF so...

Considering your 4k5 hp, i would probably remove your life mastery and get the Fire Mastery for -5% fire res on exposure.
Of course, aim for a bit more chaos resistance.

---

Regarding items :

- i think devoto's devotion is not that rare an item. It's a really good helmet that would greant you movespeed, chaos res, dex and attack speed (+ armour/evasion base so no issue there considering your current setup). Wish you luck finding one !
- If you come to find the 3 different berek rings at some point (drops/div cards), the taming ring is a solid ring that lots of people use, as it grants lots of ele res and damage. E

- If you farm on exarch influence, the Black Star boss from Polaric invitation may grant you Polaric Devastation Ring, which is probably the best ring you can get (on your left ring slot).

- Atziri's Promise drops frequently on regular Atziri, nice flask (chaos res + elem damage as extra chaos).

- Then on a more "long term approach", i suppose it's all about your bow. Recipe page 290 on this thread, if you are able to find a few div, annuls, exalts and mostly essences with tree... Now, in SSF, there may be other priorities, i have no idea.

In any case i think your rings are fairly easy to upgrade to better ones.
----

On the skill side : if you get exarch currency to slam on your gloves, you can get ignite proliferation there, allowing you to replace that support for another on your bow (elemental damage with attacks or burning damage). Although that will require recoloring so gl with that.
(so if you want to go for the "long term bow", i guess it would be better to make another one with the resources you'll get over time, rather than risking ruining yours ^^ )

AND PLEASE REMOVE THE FIRE EXPOSURE IMPLICIT, IT DOESNT STACK, ITS USELESS :D (only people using it are poeninja warriors cause the website gives wrong calculations and lots more "virtual dps".

Finally, to answer your question, generally speaking we use 21/0 instead of 21/20 (explosions are faster). I made both last league and ended up only using the 0q gem.

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but anyway, gl out there, SSF exile !

Edit : forgot about the attack speed part.
I see you manually set your fuses number, you can just use the "max sustain" option there (and compare if need be to manual to know if you are able to reach 20 or not.
There's kinda never enough attack speed on this build... Your objective is to have enough to be at 20 fuses, and even a bit more because when you are actually mapping/bossing, you won't be in perfect situations all the time. "Better more than sorry" ^^

Edit 2 : maybe you can try to message "TotemMacchiato" in Ancestor League, he spent most of last league in SSF and may have some good advice.

Thank you so much! You really helped a lot!
"
DeerFart wrote:
Really pushign this build - the lifetap on totems (still only 5) is 100% noticeable though - way moreso than I thought. Maybe itemize some regen to combat this?

Vitality gem and some life regen on gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info