3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

The 20/20 Sadism Gem is as follows:

48 STR 70 DEX
10% increased damage over time (from quality)
Damage is dealt 79% faster, 80% less duration

So it probably depends on if that's a damage increase over the other options. I would be shocked if it wasn't.
"
Gilderoy wrote:
The 20/20 Sadism Gem is as follows:

48 STR 70 DEX
10% increased damage over time (from quality)
Damage is dealt 79% faster, 80% less duration

So it probably depends on if that's a damage increase over the other options. I would be shocked if it wasn't.

I'm not so sure. You lose 80% duration so 80% of the ignites damage. That's a 0.16s ignite with no other faster/duration sources. Maybe you need to drop all other sources of faster ailment damage and even get some increased ailment duration and more attack speed to offset that.

Someones going to do the math soon and we'll know.
But my guess it's only good for something that applies small ignites constantly. Maybe with a brand or Molten Strike.

Edit: I was wrong. Duration is not as short as I thought. It's 0.45s. Without other increases. So it might work.
Last edited by Krogon on Aug 17, 2023, 3:22:00 AM
My two cents : it's pretty much the same as replica emberwake, and I don't see how it wouldn't kill the build.

Edit : also, according to old threads, pretty much any ignite that lasts for less than a server tick (0.3s or smthg) isn't registered as an ignite and thus doesnt deal damage at all.

"ailments are ignored if their duration would be below 300ms. This is primarily to avoid the performance cost of adding and removing lots od debuffs too quickly, in cases where they have little time to take effect" (from Mark_GGG on reddit, 2 years ago)
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Aug 15, 2023, 12:48:12 PM
"
Headtourist wrote:
Edit : also, according to old threads, pretty much any ignite that lasts for less than a server tick (0.3s or smthg) isn't registered as an ignite and thus doesnt deal damage at all.

"ailments are ignored if their duration would be below 300ms. This is primarily to avoid the performance cost of adding and removing lots od debuffs too quickly, in cases where they have little time to take effect" (from Mark_GGG on reddit, 2 years ago)

it should have been fix with the 3.21.1 version : Elemental Ailments other than Freeze are no longer discarded if their duration is lower than 300ms.

source https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Ignite (version history at the end)
Hey,

what is the difference between this Build and the Maxroll Build?
Does it matter which build I use?
"
PoEzocker wrote:
Hey,

Not much difference. I'd use the maxroll one for levelling and if you really want to push it look at this one for better items. The maxroll build has more life and seems tankier.
"
Krogon wrote:
"
PoEzocker wrote:
Hey,

Not much difference. I'd use the maxroll one for levelling and if you really want to push it look at this one for better items. The maxroll build has more life and seems tankier.

Apologies for jumping in, but what maxroll guide are you referring to? I could only find Palstreon's EA ballista there. And it's much simpler/ beginner friendly/ less minmaxed.
"
Triapka wrote:
"
Krogon wrote:
"
PoEzocker wrote:
Hey,

Apologies for jumping in, but what maxroll guide are you referring to? I could only find Palstreon's EA ballista there. And it's much simpler/ beginner friendly/ less minmaxed.

Isn't that pretty much what I said.
I'd definitely go for the Blizzard Crown and bow from this build later. The POB-Damage is not that much different if you take out the misleading Elemental Damage with Attacks and swap for Ignite Proliferation.
"
Krogon wrote:

I'd definitely go for the Blizzard Crown and bow from this build later. The POB-Damage is not that much different if you take out the misleading Elemental Damage with Attacks and swap for Ignite Proliferation.

What's the benefit of blizzard crown? mere 2.6% dps from the implicit.. If you mean other affixes like -enemy fire res and faster ignites, then yeah, totally understand.
Bow seems the same in both pobs except for %fire as extra chaos. Guess that's what u meant..and yeah, it seems a good extra chunk of dps.

What's your take on gems though? Different approaches in auras and utility gems... First time planning to play this type of build so genuinely curious.
"
Triapka wrote:
"
Krogon wrote:

What's the benefit of blizzard crown? mere 2.6% dps from the implicit.. If you mean other affixes like -enemy fire res and faster ignites, then yeah, totally understand.
Bow seems the same in both pobs except for %fire as extra chaos. Guess that's what u meant..and yeah, it seems a good extra chunk of dps.

What's your take on gems though? Different approaches in auras and utility gems... First time planning to play this type of build so genuinely curious.

I'd try to get accuracy on items to drop precision and would use enlightens for the auras. If you're not using lightning coil you probably need Determination/Banner for physical hits.

I think the maxroll setup is a lot easier and safer with CWDT. That's what i will use. At least at the beginning. The trap/combustion thing is kind of cool so I might go for that too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info