Last Epoch is POE Killer now

Don't know if it's just me but tried to enjoy LE multiple times, think it's ultra boring. Don't get the hype around it
"
Rikku wrote:
Don't know if it's just me but tried to enjoy LE multiple times, think it's ultra boring. Don't get the hype around it

It's very accessable for new players and never punishes you for anything. Any game that focuses primarily on casuals has a bigger audience by default.

That being said, I agree. It is boring as fuck. The game is extremely straightforward and the few things that aren't straightfoward are left to RNG. There's nothing to figure out, no discovery or journey, no losing anything outside of hardcore.
It feels like I'm playing another "vampire survivor"-esque game.
I think people are just too immediate

LE delivers the dessert very quickly, it's delicious NOW, but it will quickly become repetitive and will affect your dopamine release levels to the point that you will no longer get any pleasure from your achievements in the game.

GGG understands that you don't create a long-term player like that, with crafting system like this there will come a time when your achievements are not rewarding on your perception, game will become boring 'for some reason'.

people dont understand a simple concept: food is only good because of the lack of it.

chocolate is astonishing when you dont have it...
its delicious after the first one...
tasty after the second...
decent after the third...
acceptable after the fourth...

but after some chocolates, it will start hurting you, and you will stop eating it.

Never EVER assign your happiness to accessibility

people 'loving' LE craft are still on the second chocolate without realising it.

People are loving the game just because it do not stuck your progression at all, casuals dream, the only problem is: casuals not aim to play your game for the next 2~3 years, they are leaving soon mainly for the reason i mentioned above.

the correct way to match casual and hardcore is making a game where journey > destiny, and i'm cheering PoE2 Succeed on it.
Last edited by _Vince on Feb 26, 2024, 3:24:56 PM
"
_Vince wrote:
Or to inaccessibility.

To follow the food example, I'm not buying a nice meal so I can be a "long term eater" who really only gets anything out of it 2-3 years later. Same goes for listening to a great song, reading a great book, watching a great movie etc etc.

Entertainment products being entertaining is not a problem. It's okay to enjoy things, and it's okay to make things people enjoy.
"
_Vince wrote:

LE delivers the dessert very quickly, it's delicious NOW, but it will quickly become repetitive and will affect your dopamine release levels to the point that you will no longer get any pleasure from your achievements in the game.

GGG understands that you don't create a long-term player like that, with crafting system like this there will come a time when your achievements are not rewarding on your perception, game will become boring 'for some reason'.

people dont understand a simple concept: food is only good because of the lack of it.

but after some chocolates, it will start hurting you, and you will stop eating it.

people 'loving' LE craft are still on the second chocolate without realising it.

People are loving the game just because it do not stuck your progression at all, casuals dream, the only problem is: casuals not aim to play your game for the next 2~3 years, they are leaving soon mainly for the reason i mentioned above.

the correct way to match casual and hardcore is making a game where journey > destiny, and i'm cheering PoE2 Succeed on it.
Speak for yourself. PoE gave me a taste of good chocolate with 3.11 and 3.13. I am chasing that taste ever since. Last Epoch is at least a good bar of 80% cacao where as PoE 3.11 and 3.13 (honorable mentions to Kalandra, I loved that league) were easily 100% cacao.

tl;dr - different taste for different folks, but you can't deny that Last Epoch doesn't have an amazing recipe and a lot of the right ingredients going for them.
"
"
_Vince wrote:

Speak for yourself. PoE gave me a taste of good chocolate with 3.11 and 3.13. I am chasing that taste ever since. Last Epoch is at least a good bar of 80% cacao where as PoE 3.11 and 3.13 (honorable mentions to Kalandra, I loved that league) were easily 100% cacao.

tl;dr - different taste for different folks, but you can't deny that Last Epoch doesn't have an amazing recipe and a lot of the right ingredients going for them.

i bet my life you would not be enoying harvest craft as much as you enjoyed when it was released if it had gone to the core game the way it was released.

It's easy to know this because I'm not talking about subjective thing, I'm talking about something objective, dopamine release works like this.

affliction was insane when people started farming with abyss,
for a while you feel fulfilled, but as long as they play the game on that stage they will quickly lose interest.

I'm not saying that the approach is wrong, but rather a matter of thinking in the short term.
"
_Vince wrote:
i bet my life you would not be enoying harvest craft as much as you enjoyed when it was released if it had gone to the core game the way it was released.

It's easy to know this because I'm not talking about subjective thing, I'm talking about something objective, dopamine release works like this.

affliction was insane when people started farming with abyss,
for a while you feel fulfilled, but as long as they play the game on that stage they will quickly lose interest.

I'm not saying that the approach is wrong, but rather a matter of thinking in the short term.
I absolutely would. I loved the mini game of managing my garden, the layout, collecting crafts to have a realistic chance at crafting niche items for my non meta builds. Throw in SSF on top? Heaven.

Affliction I lasted barely two weeks. Wow, I can print currency and have a fuckton divines. For what? If everyone is "rich" no one is. Currency leagues I find incredibly boring, crafting leagues is where it is at. Last Epoch has a nice base crafting system and that makes it already very appealing from my point of view.
Last Epoch isn't going to hold many player's attention past the 100 hour mark (for some it will probably come a lot sooner).

The depth and complexity between Last Epoch and PoE is as different as a puddle is to the ocean.

You can play PoB longer and with more enjoyment than Last Epoch.

There are some things that PoE can learn from, certainly.

The idea I would most like to see implemented from Last Epoch is the in-game loot filter system. Why should we have to go to a third party for filters? It's complete bullshit.

Why should we go through third party sites to access a basic necessity?

Last edited by bㄴaㄷkㅁut on Feb 26, 2024, 7:52:07 PM
"

The depth and complexity between Last Epoch and PoE is as different as a puddle is to the ocean.

I mean no surprise if you try to compare the current state of the game with Last epoch's current version. PoE also lacked a lot depth and real complexity during the initial launch date and also didn't really kept the players attention for long. Years and several patches of progress changed the game into something better and that's something that might going to happen with Last Epoch as well over time. They already have a decent base to work on, but they just need to add more things over time and stick to their solid base rather than trying to catch inspiration of the other arpgs on the market.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Feb 26, 2024, 8:24:40 PM
A grown human is also able to do more complex tasks and more advanced thinking than an infant.

Give them time. It will improve.

(Hopefully)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info