⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 100M

Hi there,

made the 100% Chaos conversion Hoag and so far I'm really enjoying it. Reached Level 100 and destroying all content with ease!!! Thank you for the detailed Guide! Hoag on lvl 31 Slams with 6x Pure Agony & Cult-Leader!

It was a rough league start though, especially to get the Arakaali's Dagger in the first few days!

Acquired pretty much all of the gear I need, with a few missing bits here and there - like minmaxing all of my clusters and stuff.

What im questioning myself:

1. How important is the crit roll on the Bottled Faith flask? Do our minions (spiders+hoag) crit?

2. Im Trying to craft an unset ring which is virtually impossible xD
Do you maybe have some tips, how to craft such a ring?
(P) +3 to Gems
(P) Flat ES
(P) -7 Non-Channeling
(S) Despair 32% on hit
(S) DEX
(S) (Suggest last suffix?)

So far I achieved it to essence craft one with DEX, ES, DESP 32%, -7 Non-Channeling. Only missing +3 to Gems (For my Discipline gem) and as last suffix maybe INT for more ES?

3. Is it worth to Go for the Serpentine Spellslinger passive, instead of taking "Defend with 120% of Armour while not on Low Energy Shield" (next to Faith and Steel) & "Gain 3% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield" (next to Unnatural Calm)?

Thanks in advance for an answer!
Cheers (:

Spoiler
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last edited by paco2304 on Feb 19, 2022, 3:49:16 PM
"
Mckoch wrote:
Hi Chromino

I have now gone for the Final tree fullblock edition with Divine Shield on chest. I hope you can help me where to improve first. https://pastebin.com/qrckNaGC

1. Is the evasion mastery near Ghost Dance more value then some other passive like ES Mastery?
2. Next upgrades I am looking into is 8 passive 3 skill minion large cluster, awakened minion, and trying to get 21/20 divergent HoA. Is there some other that will be better?
3. Damage still feels a little low but I can mostly keep my poison stacks up on all bosses. Have done Shaper, Elder and the like so far.
4. Before getting a new Large cluster is Raze and Pillage now useless? I remeber in 3.14 Delirium you needed a fire attack for more damage?
5. Another upgrade is getting Int/ES instead of ES/mana on split personality I guess but I feel I lack damage more than survival.

Thank you continuously answering questions :)

Edit: updated pob-link

Hey again!

Yes, 4M shaper damage, 5M with vile toxins and multistrike, are not bad, but also not optimal. With lvl 96 you are now at a complex step to optimize many stuff. Your gear is already very great and you can improve cheap, but complex, further.

I checked your pob and I would summarize, that your overcapped spellblock and low resistances need some changes to balance more into damage. Your 5M are already enough, but to turn into more damage I would advice and start:

- you have "sanctuary" both pathed in the tree and anointed on your amulet. Only 1x works, you cannot stack it 2x!!

- Change 4 passives "presage" to 4 passives "influence"

- upgrade your 39% efficiency circle of nostalgia with fertile catalysts

- with your large cluster jewel you have overcapped spellblock and should choose a different large cluster, different passives or a different watcher's eye mod.

- To optimize damage take before triad grips a default HoAg lvl 21. Only with triad grips change it into "divergent" HoAg with mandatory for damage needed lvl 21 for damage also.

- get an empower lvl 4 when you have 4-5 exalts

Then after it get really complex, hehe. I did a pob with despair for 7.6M damage in your set-up.

You can also only change out only your large clusters and keep instead most of your tree!! Priority is to lower your spellblock to balance into more damage of minionmasteries, better miniondamageclusters, and a second curse despair or chaos-mastery for HoAg lvl 31.

Sorry for the wall of text, take one step after another, overall it's simply to get a bit closer to the trees in pob "divine shield as keynote on skin of the lords". Here is also one big problem to get enough resistances. Or you need Unholy dominion before you get more resis on a new belt, a rare curse-ring-suffix, a large cluster including veteran defender or somewhere else.

- change out your large minioncluster with the weak vicious bites.
Take a better miniondamagecluster or instead take in an attackblock-cluster with veteran defender also for more resistances and attributes:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/75EQQ2RF5

- with your aul's uprising and your 90% evasion you are ready to path in the templar area the upper path. Take a look into the pob and scroll to the tree "Keystone divine shield on skin of the lords".

- Or I advice to take a ring with despair on hit, resistances (or open suffix to benchcraft resistances), best with a socket and str/dex, 50 chaos, and path whispers of doom curse mastery:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/L2R9Dn5Sn

I did a pob for your set-up with 7.6M, 50% more damage, HoAg lvl 21 instead divergent lvl 20. You need to optimize it with resistances and strength on ring, belt, better clusters as noted above. At that set-up also triadgrips are almost possible.

https://pastebin.com/NGkm1k24
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 19, 2022, 4:57:04 PM
"
Komagetsome wrote:
I need some significant help here.. I'm getting decimated in T13 maps and can't progress... my damage is lackluster on multi target and I'm dying too often to level anymore. Looking for some advice, I have 1 ex + 60c, but may be able to squeeze up to 3 ex for upgrades.

https://pastebin.com/bc69rx6a

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Komagetsome/characters

yes, you have low blocks, no evasion and need some more changes. sorry for wall of text again, here we tank:

- first improve your flask set-up now as CI. Visit the spoiler "flasks". Change out life flask and sulphur flask and use instead jadeflask and basaltflask, use urgent one flasksuffix that stops "bleeding". I think you already improved and changed out also the not fitting "vaal pact" on skin of the lords which stops your es-regeneration

- when pob is correct you have not activated radiant faith. Go to the lab and use your fourth ascendancy

Then next you have 332 unreserved mana when pob is not bugged. That mana you need to use:

- Scroll through the trees in the pob and stay closer to the pob "fullblock lvl 90 before aul's uprising". Get the important helmet enchant 75% less mana of HoAg, it's priority to use more auras. Get it cheap on rare helmets or later with more currency in endgame more expensive for more damage enchanted on an eber's unification. Get cheap small clusters "sublime form" and "self-control" to activate grace and tempestshield. On page 50 in the tradelinks you find all links for cheap clusters in the spoiler "clusters manamanagement".

Before you get the small clusters and all auras use more spellblock or use glancing blows.

Hehe, that is a lot to do and to start. Check also the spoiler "checklist defences" step by step. Your gear is already good and you can improve fast with the clusters, amulet-anoint and a cheap skin of the lords.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 19, 2022, 5:48:12 PM
"
AboveAverage wrote:
https://pastebin.com/tfDasT1P

Any tips for juicing my HoA damage way up into the millions?

Hi AboveAverage,

Now you deal only 3.5M damage that is not optimal, yes.
You have great gear and you can easy improve.

- regret "presage", use instead "influence"

- use fertile catalyts on your circle of nostalgia and craft with divine orbs for more mana and better proccs of your frostshield.

- get more fire resistances to regret holy dominion. Change in the spellblockpassives in the blockmastery safeguard and in sanctuary with the resistances.

- bastion of hope is great, but in red t16's and against endgame-bosses often time of need is more valuable

Then let's sting:

- with your boots and gloves you have nice high 7.5k es and you can better balance a part into damage. Regret energyshield of "soul thief" and "essence surge" also into capped 75% spellblock for better tankyness and into damage

- Take in the last fourth medium cluster with "pure agony"

- you have 2 curses and need whispers of doom and the curse mastery to benefit from 2 curses

- take in the last point "serpentine spellslinger"

- then next path the minion mastery "redemption" with "unholy might", singletarget increased offerings. if needed regret raze and pillage.

I advice to the following pob, lvl 96, 97 activate one more cult-leader, 75% spellblock, "only" 6.9 k es, but 4.97M shaperdamage and unholy might, 5.8M with multistrike for the spiders:

https://pastebin.com/gTWi7ZH2

Next upgrades are the awakened gems in your HoAg supports. With them you reach HoAg lvl 31 when you go for the +1 chaos-mastery.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 19, 2022, 6:25:29 PM
First just want to say thanks for this guide. Made this last night to play with a friend and I cant stop playing it. Im having a blast. I put together this character with the leftover items/currency I had in this league. Im doing well enough starting my maps, and trying to become the monster this character seems to become.

I am struggling a bit with some things. I see on the POB that there is ball lightning and storm brand? Whats the difference in these two? I put a flame dash in there for time being over brand to try to keep up with friends until I can learn the character better.

Heres my POB: https://pastebin.com/zjXacVN1

This character seems a little more complex than what Im use to. Its my first time ever straying from melee classes.

Could anyone give me a rough outline on what I should be focusing on changing to take this character to next level? Currently just running maps to get some more levels. Going to try uber lab tonight for last two ascendancy points.

Thanks again for the guide, and thank you to anyone who could help provide some insight on where to go from here. Theres so much info in this thread im just reading away to try to comprehend it all.
"
paco2304 wrote:
Hi there,

made the 100% Chaos conversion Hoag and so far I'm really enjoying it. Reached Level 100 and destroying all content with ease!!! Thank you for the detailed Guide! Hoag on lvl 31 Slams with 6x Pure Agony & Cult-Leader!

It was a rough league start though, especially to get the Arakaali's Dagger in the first few days!

Acquired pretty much all of the gear I need, with a few missing bits here and there - like minmaxing all of my clusters and stuff.

What im questioning myself:

1. How important is the crit roll on the Bottled Faith flask? Do our minions (spiders+hoag) crit?

2. Im Trying to craft an unset ring which is virtually impossible xD
Do you maybe have some tips, how to craft such a ring?
(P) +3 to Gems
(P) Flat ES
(P) -7 Non-Channeling
(S) Despair 32% on hit
(S) DEX
(S) (Suggest last suffix?)

So far I achieved it to essence craft one with DEX, ES, DESP 32%, -7 Non-Channeling. Only missing +3 to Gems (For my Discipline gem) and as last suffix maybe INT for more ES?

3. Is it worth to Go for the Serpentine Spellslinger passive, instead of taking "Defend with 120% of Armour while not on Low Energy Shield" (next to Faith and Steel) & "Gain 3% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield" (next to Unnatural Calm)?

Thanks in advance for an answer!
Cheers (:

Spoiler

Arachnophilia! Congrats to big 100! Will be the swarm with you Paco2304!

Hehe, I cannot feast your exaxt set-up.

But I can see the b.i.s. gear. Perfect! B.i.s. shield, b.i.s. voices, high es and high resis on your rare boots are relaxed for a lot and many defences.
Great well done!!
Only a b.i.s. jadeflask is missing, it's curious and interesting with the quartzflask and spellsuppression instead, hehehe.

1.) HoAg and spiders crit 5% as far as I know and pob shows. They are almost impossible to scale up with crits in this build. You would need much more supports and clusters or the shield squire, and even then it's less effective as withers and chaos-conversion in the guardian-ascendancy. The bottled faith is great for 10% more damage and 6% regeneration, but the crits almost buff zero.

2.) Hehe, in crafting I am really not experienced. I cannot help crafting.
But: Yes, int stacks fine and great your es high. Resistances (against debuffs like ee) or ignite/burning-reductions are great alternatives too as suffixes or benchcrafted.

3.) Both are strong.

Serpentine spellslinger is nice damage, around 1M. When you did not pathed it now, I advice urgent to take minimum the first 2 points for the 25% poisonchance and as result 25% more and faster stacked virulences in the triadgrips! The improved virulences are stronger also as cult-leader for example and will buff your concrete effective ingame-damage!

120% armour makes you more tanky against big physical damagepeaks. 6.5k es are enough when you mounted up all defences. When you reached them you can regret 3% mana as es.

Both decisions are very valuable. When you feel tanky enough, take serpentine spellslinger. When not, use 120% armour or in combination with wicked ward increased recharges of the ar/es-mastery.

Thank you very much too! Let it sting!
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 19, 2022, 7:38:47 PM
"
Khesahn20 wrote:
First just want to say thanks for this guide. Made this last night to play with a friend and I cant stop playing it. Im having a blast. I put together this character with the leftover items/currency I had in this league. Im doing well enough starting my maps, and trying to become the monster this character seems to become.

I am struggling a bit with some things. I see on the POB that there is ball lightning and storm brand? Whats the difference in these two? I put a flame dash in there for time being over brand to try to keep up with friends until I can learn the character better.

Heres my POB: https://pastebin.com/zjXacVN1

This character seems a little more complex than what Im use to. Its my first time ever straying from melee classes.

Could anyone give me a rough outline on what I should be focusing on changing to take this character to next level? Currently just running maps to get some more levels. Going to try uber lab tonight for last two ascendancy points.

Thanks again for the guide, and thank you to anyone who could help provide some insight on where to go from here. Theres so much info in this thread im just reading away to try to comprehend it all.

Let it crawl!

You just transformed to CI and should change life- and manaflask to a granite and jadeflask first (or as graniteflask rumi's concoction).

Then scroll in the pob to the tree "lvl 90 fullblock before aul's uprising". With helmet enchant 75% HoA efficiencies, an amulet with efficiencies and small clusters you can activate the next auras. On page 50 in the tradelinks take a look at the amulet-section, there is the workaround, and in the spoiler "clusters manamanagement" you find the links.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

For more damage start with a cheap skin of the lords and take in more medium clusters with "pure agony" first.

In "gear, skills, links", section gloves, are the set-ups to generate important maximal virulences with both ball-lightnings and stormbrands, cast speed and poisonchance and the golden rule jewel. Combinate all the components to get full virulences and full damage singeltarget. That alone will double your effective singletargetdamage.

hehe, yes, it's a bit more complex to tickle up your crawler. Check the gloves and "checklist damage" also.

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 19, 2022, 9:27:38 PM
This is very helpful thank you! Coudlnt get out of my own head trying to figure out where to go next
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Grassygarden wrote:

Thanks Chromino for this build, it is dam awesome, I cleared Simu for 1st time today :O

Sure is tanky as hell! The damage is decent too!

I recorded wave 30 just for fun~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLguN5Fo8s

Thank you very much Grassygarden!
One page before in the thread I already mentioned your leadership in the guardianascendancy! Hehe!

Congratulations to Lvl 100 and leading the board as first Guardian with own mainskill in poeninja! Great, fine and well done!

Very nice set-up! The perfect great mageblood makes it more easy to balance some defences out and some buffs in like feeding frenzy. 95k armour, 34 k evasion, glancing blows, 7.5 k es - awesome. I never saw such nice crafted rare gloves with 7 links intergrated! Great done with 2 rare rings, 70 virulences and voices clusters. Sanctuary of thoughts of the Hierophant ascendancy invaded with Forbidden flesh and flame! Big 12M damage - 20M shaper-damage and more remain fast possible to balance in with triad grips and whispers of doom.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Grassygarden/Grassygarden?i=0&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DHerald-of-Agony

Hehe! And the video is very relaxed facing 2 bosses at once in wave 30. Lol. There are not many builds out there which are able to tank like that.

Arachnophilia!

Thanks you sir!

I have changed to Triad and annoint the boots to whispers of doom!

Dmg got lower because I am trying full block version, and respec from time of need to bastion of hope acends.

Base attack block is only at 40% but hoping the bastion of hope will mitigate the low attack block..

https://pastebin.com/137KnpZb
Hi there! This has been a super fun build. I actually started with it. It was a bit rough through white maps, but I was able to snipe a very cheap skin of the lords that has worked well so far. I'm now doing T16s with a fair amount of juice. The guide has been excellent so far!

One thing I'm worried about is where damage scaling comes from. I've got some exalts saved (~10ex) and I want to make sure it goes into the right places. I've just hit 93 so I'm eyeing the endgame content (some big deliriums and simulacra). Think I want to try for Wave 30 Simulacrum by the end of the league.

Can you advise on anything basic I'm overlooking?

https://pastebin.com/b2Yc4gcP

I know my cluster jewels are bad. I could easily get 3-4 passive points if I can make the mana work. I'm having trouble seeing sources of block I'm missing, especially if I get a better amulet and anoint for Charisma. My biggest concern is that I feel like my damage should be much higher, but I'm just having troubles. I need to find a way to socket a golden rule as the single target with cyclone I am only floating ~40 stacks of virulence.

This has been an incredible build! I've made it farther than ever before. Shaper, Sirus, and Elder killed for the first time. The tankyness is what I've wanted for a while.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info