⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 100M

"
SwiftyOwns wrote:
Just got the armor :D
what should i stick in the 6th link (red) for now?
As i dont have enough money to get empower (even lvl 1)

Check 1st page, section: The dirty scorpion-tail - Supports and Mana of Herald of Agony

My question: If a ring has "Herald of Agony has 50% increased Buff Effect", does it mean that it buffs the following things from hoag skill gem:

* Grants 20% chance to Poison on Hit
* Grants 10% more Poison Damage
* Grants Virulence when you Poison an Enemy

So it would grant 30% chance to poison, 15% more poison damage and 1,5 virulences per poison (although this probably gets rounded down, even if the buff is 60%).
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Xandharba wrote:
Got Memory Vault and Aegis, finished all labs, I have over 7k ehp, I'm tanky but I don't have enough dps for Drox on T9 and it's a pain to make currencies, nothing interesting to trade and still no exalt :( No idea how to get more dps till I can afford Arakali Fang, I'm stuck !

Hi Xandharba,

cold iron point dagger gives 3 skillgemlevels HoA, that's easy 35% more damage, 18 chaos. Take phantasms in your HoA supports or skeletons on triggered cwdt for the ascendancy-buffs. Arakaali's fang is still expensive, but would be huge upgrade with spiders and withers.

Withering step raises HoA's chaosdamage much when you are elusive.

Dreadbanner and holy relic linked with feeding frenzy are other damagebuffs too.

Chaos or dex levels on amulet will raise damage, triggerwand + granted gemlevels you can craft yourself for starting, see page 50 "crafting".

You can buff damage with low and even without currency. But yes, some gear is hard to get in this leaguestart, but you can workaround on all slots.

On page 50 in the poe trade links and starting gear spoiler are all alternatives.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50#p24032068

Take also a look into the spoiler "checklist damage" for all factors, you are missing some buffs.

But most important: you are still using skeletons on your 6-link? Switch to HoA (and generate virulences for HoA damage with "chance to poison support" and "serpentine spellslinger", see checklist damage and gloves in "gear, skills links" and "the golden rule" and "pure agony" in "jewels and clusters" as CI!) for obtaining, yes hehe, nice 10x up to 20x more damage. For enough mana get small clusters with "uncompromising", 1 chaos. You will raise your damage from 80k (240k vaal skeletons) to 800k HoA and when you use some tipps much further, 3 big M are not hard to reach with your level. 2x "pure agony" on medium clusters for 50 virulences and "cold iron point dagger" 18 chaos are enough investment when you go with the build closely to reach red t15-16.

For skeletons or minion instability in your high level you need a lot other maxup buffs and gear and skills. Only vaal skeletons will offer a small buff. In this build skeletons are only valuable for lowlevel levelling.

You are ready for CI too. With skin of the loyals, start with 2 green sockets for HoA and pierce, 40 chaos, and healthy mind, 1 chaos, you will double your defences and substain.

Hello Chromino

Thanks a lot for your time :)

I wanted to try HoA but when I put the 4th support gem I don't have enough mana for HoA + Discipline, is it still possible with 3.15 to have 6L HoA + all auras ?
I have to check everything, I did not understand the use of Golden Rule, I will read the build again, I think I have a lot of work now :)

Good Luck !
"
Xandharba wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Xandharba wrote:
Got Memory Vault and Aegis, finished all labs, I have over 7k ehp, I'm tanky but I don't have enough dps for Drox on T9 and it's a pain to make currencies, nothing interesting to trade and still no exalt :( No idea how to get more dps till I can afford Arakali Fang, I'm stuck !

Hi Xandharba,

cold iron point dagger gives 3 skillgemlevels HoA, that's easy 35% more damage, 18 chaos. Take phantasms in your HoA supports or skeletons on triggered cwdt for the ascendancy-buffs. Arakaali's fang is still expensive, but would be huge upgrade with spiders and withers.

Withering step raises HoA's chaosdamage much when you are elusive.

Dreadbanner and holy relic linked with feeding frenzy are other damagebuffs too.

Chaos or dex levels on amulet will raise damage, triggerwand + granted gemlevels you can craft yourself for starting, see page 50 "crafting".

You can buff damage with low and even without currency. But yes, some gear is hard to get in this leaguestart, but you can workaround on all slots.

On page 50 in the poe trade links and starting gear spoiler are all alternatives.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50#p24032068

Take also a look into the spoiler "checklist damage" for all factors, you are missing some buffs.

But most important: you are still using skeletons on your 6-link? Switch to HoA (and generate virulences for HoA damage with "chance to poison support" and "serpentine spellslinger", see checklist damage and gloves in "gear, skills links" and "the golden rule" and "pure agony" in "jewels and clusters" as CI!) for obtaining, yes hehe, nice 10x up to 20x more damage. For enough mana get small clusters with "uncompromising", 1 chaos. You will raise your damage from 80k (240k vaal skeletons) to 800k HoA and when you use some tipps much further, 3 big M are not hard to reach with your level. 2x "pure agony" on medium clusters for 50 virulences and "cold iron point dagger" 18 chaos are enough investment when you go with the build closely to reach red t15-16.

For skeletons or minion instability in your high level you need a lot other maxup buffs and gear and skills. Only vaal skeletons will offer a small buff. In this build skeletons are only valuable for lowlevel levelling.

You are ready for CI too. With skin of the loyals, start with 2 green sockets for HoA and pierce, 40 chaos, and healthy mind, 1 chaos, you will double your defences and substain.

Hello Chromino

Thanks a lot for your time :)

I wanted to try HoA but when I put the 4th support gem I don't have enough mana for HoA + Discipline, is it still possible with 3.15 to have 6L HoA + all auras ?
I have to check everything, I did not understand the use of Golden Rule, I will read the build again, I think I have a lot of work now :)

Good Luck !

yes, you need to poison the mobs with ball-lightnings and storm brands (chance to poison, serpentine spellslinger), then you get virulences, and the virulences raises the HoA and buffs the HoA-damage extreme. That is mandatory.

Get gloves, 1 chaos, with faster casting or chance to poison, 1 chaos, link them like guided in "gear skills links":

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/QPrOr5pTw

For clusters take:

2x small, each 2 passives, each 1 chaos:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/42D2eZgC9

1x medium, max 5 passives, 25 chaos:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/Pr6GEQkIL

With the 3 clusters you have more than enough mana for 5-6 links HoA, determination and discipline without rings, without helmet-enchant etc.

When you get the rings "circle of nostalgia", amulet-anoint "charisma" or helmet-enchant you can change out the medium cluster for more damage with "pure agony".

With these 30 chaos you get 10x damage with HoA.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 27, 2021, 9:59:44 AM
Hi guys, just reached red maps with this and wanna give you some suggestions.

0. I have to say that build is pretty tanky. I died 12 times and half of them is cuz I'm enjoying alt+tab at the middle of the map.

1. The dagger is giving a lot. Like A LOT. Without dagger its a completely different build and in some situations it's really a pain in the ass. The issue is that if you want to do DPS with your Agony Crawler you have to stack Virulence. And in some boss fights its really problematic. Like Veritania is just a lake of pain and nothing more, especially cuz they're changed flasks frost immunity.

2. Do not level your herald gems in 2nd weapon slot, they're pretty cheap now. For example, I bought 21/20q just for 20c lmao.

3. The core of the build after a dagger are cluster jewels. And since the whole meta playing some kind of summoners better buy them asap.

4. I would recommend you something like that before you can afford a dagger https://pastebin.com/A3z2a8br

Yea, it's a bit more points to respec into CI version but almost unkillable and cost nothing (gloves, rings, belt are just 1c items).

5. Fortify + shield charge strongly suggested (don't forget to check 'attack at the place' flag)

5. The Coming Calamity is really good armor to start with. Its allow you to fit your Crawler + determination and give the main skill +2 lvls. But even at 26 lvl herald at some boss fights you're feeling that DPS is not enough.

6. Chromino is really kind person with all his answers. Keep it up, mate!

7. Before your CI spec make a poison immunity flask. Poison is devastating in this meta.

8. Use convocation. Unfortunately, crawler isn't smart enough

9. Also about bindings. I swaped 5 and R keys and the setup looking like this:
w - desecrate
e - storm brand
r - whirling jar.
So for summoning spiders I'm just pressing wwer

And be aware that at the main version Crawler is laking 5% of accuracy. Its 5% more damage and seems like you have to take Spiritual Aid node.
Last edited by DreadMoore on Jul 27, 2021, 10:01:06 PM
"
Wermine wrote:
"
SwiftyOwns wrote:
Just got the armor :D
what should i stick in the 6th link (red) for now?
As i dont have enough money to get empower (even lvl 1)

Check 1st page, section: The dirty scorpion-tail - Supports and Mana of Herald of Agony

My question: If a ring has "Herald of Agony has 50% increased Buff Effect", does it mean that it buffs the following things from hoag skill gem:

* Grants 20% chance to Poison on Hit
* Grants 10% more Poison Damage
* Grants Virulence when you Poison an Enemy

So it would grant 30% chance to poison, 15% more poison damage and 1,5 virulences per poison (although this probably gets rounded down, even if the buff is 60%).

Hi Wermine,

I just edited the buff on one circle of nostalgia in pob community fork for science & study.
With the "Herald of Agony has 60% increased Buff Effect" the chance to poison of ball-lightnings/ storm brand increases to 95% in pob-calculations with 25% serpentine spellslinger and 72% without serpentine spellslinger.

When pob is correct you could regret 2 points serpentine spellslinger against circa 6% total damage (around 10% HoA damage) on the ring and reach 82% chance to poison. The stacking/ granting of virulences i could not simulate / test if they are increased too.

When you need 2 passive points or when the ring is cheap in leaguestqart its an alternative, but overall 6% damage are hard to get with 2 passive points (only with "pure agony").
When the virulences would stack with the increased buff 50-60% more/ better/ longer, it would get very, very interesting.

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 27, 2021, 5:52:59 PM
"
DreadMoore wrote:
Hi guys, just reached red maps with this and wanna give you some suggestions.

0. I have to say that build is pretty tanky. I died 12 times and half of them is cuz I'm enjoying alt+tab at the middle of the map.

1. The dagger is giving a lot. Like A LOT. Without dagger its a completely different build and in some situations it's really a pain in the ass. The issue is that if you want to do DPS with your Agony Crawler you have to stack Virulence. And in some boss fights its really problematic. Like Veritania is just a lake of pain and nothing more, especially cuz they're changed flasks frost immunity.

2. Do not level your herald gems in 2nd weapon slot, they're pretty cheap now. For example, I bought 21/20q just for 20c lmao.

3. The core of the build after a dagger are cluster jewels. And since the whole meta playing some kind of summoners better buy them asap.

4. I would recommend you something like that before you can afford a dagger https://pastebin.com/JcFhPGFH

Yea, it's a bit more points to respec into CI version but almost unkillable and cost nothing (gloves, rings, belt, helmet are just 1c items).

5. Fortify + shield charge strongly suggested (don't forget to check 'attack at the place' flag)

5. The Coming Calamity is really good armor to start with. Its allow you to fit your Crawler + determination and give the main skill +2 lvls. But even at 26 lvl herald at some boss fights you're feeling that DPS is not enough.

6. Chromino is really kind person with all his answers. Keep it up, mate!

7. Before your CI spec make a poison immunity flask. Poison is devastating in this meta.

8. Use convocation. Unfortunately, crawler isn't smart enough

9. Also about bindings. I swaped 5 and R keys and the setup looking like this:
w - desecrate
e - storm brand
r - whirling jar.
So for summoning spiders I'm just pressing wwer

And be aware that at the main version Crawler is laking 5% of accuracy. Its 5% more damage and seems like you have to take Spiritual Aid node.

Thank you a lot DreadMoore!

Yes, always balance defences and damage, take more life notes if needed, don't forget resistances, upgrading flasks,recovery on block, armour and blindings and evasion. The layers of defences make you unkillable.

And yes, the build stacks mana, es, pure agony clusters, minion damage and the big auras and need also cast speed and poison chance.

As soon as you need more mana, take the clusters with reduced skillreservations in. Uncompromising on small clusters and if you need more uncompromising combined with self control or for grace sublime form on a medium clusters. This is most effective. In endgame helmet enchant and charisma are taken in to get more "pure agony", our leader for damage.

For the crawler: just run a little bit behind the mobs, brand them, the crawler will follow just into the center of action.

Very nice and fine tipps in your post!

Let it swarm!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 27, 2021, 7:11:40 PM
"
Damage on Full Life Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 130% (previously 140%).

Maim Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 130% (previously 140%).

Minion Damage Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 140% (previously 150%).

Pierce Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 120% (previously 130%).

Summon Phantasm Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 120% (previously 130%).

Vicious Projectiles Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 130% (previously 140%).

Vile Toxins Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 130% (previously 150%).

We are back to the business guys!
Last edited by sikews on Jul 28, 2021, 1:14:36 AM
"
sikews wrote:
"
Damage on Full Life Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 130% (previously 140%).

Maim Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 130% (previously 140%).

Minion Damage Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 140% (previously 150%).

Pierce Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 120% (previously 130%).

Summon Phantasm Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 120% (previously 130%).

Vicious Projectiles Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 130% (previously 140%).

Vile Toxins Support now has a Cost and Reservation Multiplier of 130% (previously 150%).

We are back to the business guys!
LOL - now I have too much unreserved mana. GGG is trying to nerf my armour! ;)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
What do you think of going Arctic Armour now instead of grace IF we run Phase acro chest?
Freeze Immunity seems nice. Or is there another aura i could use instead? Since i feel like grace without Iron Reflexes is wasted.
Also if you would be so nice anything i could improve to get more armour?
Except Amulet and Clusters those are still work in progress.
Hey,

My items are getting to a good point now :)

I would like to know where to invest now - what would be the best upgrade

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info