⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 100M

GGG News:

"Were the Mana Cost Multiplier changes on Support Gems too Extreme?

Yes, they were too extreme. Based on feedback and data, we are reviewing the mana cost multipliers again and will be reducing many (but not all) of them. While this will ease the impact on your mana by a moderate amount, the goal is still that mana matters a lot more than it did before."

26/07/21

With taking a second small cluster "uncompromising" in [3.15] the build has many possibilities finetuning mana and variants for helmet enchants etc.

Path of building is often showing not correct mananumbers, so also with the probably following patch of manareservation-reductions I will wait with updating the best optimized mana-setup.

With the spoiler "manamanager" it's easy to finetune mana yourself, and it's needed too for different socket-colours with different supports, different levels or for maxing singletarget maven/ blightmaps-damage.

In the moment you can use one of the following big skillreseservation slots free, like you prefer, when you are full geared:

- helmet-enchant
- amulet anoint
- one ring (you can switch in rare unset ring or hungry loop 5-link for example)
- 3 points "influence"
- when you use 55 virulences and on a medium cluster combination uncompromising +self control, you have 1 free jewel slot and 2 free passives

I would advice to anoint the amulet "unnatural calm" or take the HoA fires 2 more projectiles
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 26, 2021, 4:22:07 PM
"
PunkSviin wrote:
Sitting on level 74 atm, just hit maps earlier today. Leveling with raging spirit and it feels decent i guess. I played this build to level 100 last league and loved it! BUT are there any other options to use as main skill with the gear? I have tried HoP and HoA. Would be fun to try something else to! What skills can you scale like this to endgame? Can you ewen?

Are there any good skills i can use with CwC and still have arrount 2-5m+ dps? xD

Hi PunkSviin,

thank you a lot! I saw your great set-up in poeninja 3.14, very, very nice!

HoP are easy & nice to scale with this build. You need more red sockets, circles of guilt and some more mana and "disciples" on clusters, then you can go easy and fine melee. But they map very slow and are optimized for singletarget situations. Without added gemlevels on bodyarmour and/or amulet they are hard to optimize into top damage.

Other minionskills are harder to scale. The new Absolution with physical to lightning, ee proccing with cold or fire and spiritual aid / command passives can be done perhaps.

I guess probably spectres, with death attunement on amulet or tree, would synergize with the benefits of auras in defences or offensives well and with our stacking of miniondamage and our onslaught buff or also the needed desecrate-skill for spiders.

I know zero guardian spectres-builds, but when there are interesting chaos-spectres combined with the withering spiders (90% increased chaos damage taken of 15 withers), it's a nice start of a build.

Or cold spectres with hatred, ee, elemental cursed and perhaps triad grips, like in the 9 M edition "make hatred, not grace" buffed with generosity and some changed clusters. With spectres you have enough mana for many auras and banners.

Physical spectres synergize also with the spiders with vulnerability and dread banner or rotten claws and impale, the spiders triggers impales almost instant.

I think it's perhaps possible to build up and you would have much mana for more, probably needed damage-buffing auras and banners.

Zombies need strength, skeletons gemlevels, they are easy to max as necro, but more complex to scale up into top damage as CI managuardian.

You cannot stack top peak high armour without memory vault and frenzy charges on shield victario's charity makes your recovery impossible. These some combinations are probably not valuable to max without more synergies.

You often need gemlevels for minions. You have them on best fitting armour and empower support and you can add them on amulet or some weapons, but probably not on helmet.

So I would sum up to argue:

In the managuardian allstars-style set-up the helmet, shield, block and stacked armour, mana, auras and es are typical, when you add grace / evasion, you get in defences op with synergies of this build combined with top 5-6 M herald-damage or balance easy with amulet and ee to full damage of nice 9M heralddamage.

All other gear and skills are possible to switch with these top defences!

The guardian offers not much interesting well supported active skills, counterattacks on block or only hexcursesupports are weak against bosses, so minions are best buffed with onslaught, clusters and auras. You can balance easy minions around, because you have top 1 defences, recovery and ehp.

In the tree between guardian, glancing blows and Ci are many minion-nodes (spectres, skeletons, phantasms), some for totems and brands, some for curses and elemental equilirium and more curses are fast reachable.

I am not experienced with the scaling and types of spectres. But overall, swearing in the name of crying 160 cute hairy legs and all my arachnophilia,

I would try out and hug chaos (or cold) spectres first when the scorpion needs his holidays, yeeeeaah!

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 27, 2021, 5:06:29 AM
how to mitigate the golden rule dmg lol
i killed myself XD
"
SwiftyOwns wrote:
how to mitigate the golden rule dmg lol
i killed myself XD

Hi SwiftyOwns,

as CI you transform to poison immunity too.
Don't insert the golden rule before! Take a look into "tipps for starting". It's along chapter, but with a lot of impportant tipps.

You can stack faster virulences with serpentine spellslinger or on a cluster septic spells. Or take spellecho instead storm brand for faster ball-lightnings and you have already faster casting integrated in gloves.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 26, 2021, 6:30:22 PM
Oh yea i did take serpentine and got gloves with faster casting

I just had the jewel and jewel socket so i was like lets go xD

I guess i'll wait for CI, when is the right time to go?
Do i need the armor+2rings before i go CI? or what else is needed
"
SwiftyOwns wrote:
Oh yea i did take serpentine and got gloves with faster casting

I just had the jewel and jewel socket so i was like lets go xD

I guess i'll wait for CI, when is the right time to go?
Do i need the armor+2rings before i go CI? or what else is needed

I think level 78 is great for transformation with your gear.

Recommended for Ci is:

- healthy mind jewel
- memory vault
- aegis aurora
- a lot blockchance for recovery
the blue nightmare or instead other sources like clusterskills like conjured wall, mystical ward for block/ spellblock, Rumi's Concoction flask etc..

More blocksources see spoiler page 50 "sources of stats":

Spell block

Glancing blows keynote
Blue nightmare jewel
Mystic bulwark passive
Rainbow strides boots

Alternatives:

Implicit aegis aurora shield corruption
Replica pure talent jewel
Clusters:
Conjured wall
Mystical ward
Second skin
Flask Rumi's Concoction
Rare amulet
Anoint (or 4 passivepoints) Arcane Guarding
Starting alternative amulet Stone of Lazhwar

When in leaguestart "the blue nightmare" is highprice traded, also ascendancy "Bastion of hope" is a possibilty, but you loose a lot regeneration against dot and degen-damage. Regret it later for "time of need"!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50#p24032068

- "radiant faith" ascendancy skills
- Skin of the loyals or lords would be a huge upgrade for much armour and energyshield! Try to get one and start! Rings are not needed.

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 26, 2021, 4:33:08 PM
Got Memory Vault and Aegis, finished all labs, I have over 7k ehp, I'm tanky but I don't have enough dps for Drox on T9 and it's a pain to make currencies, nothing interesting to trade and still no exalt :( No idea how to get more dps till I can afford Arakali Fang, I'm stuck !
"
Xandharba wrote:
Got Memory Vault and Aegis, finished all labs, I have over 7k ehp, I'm tanky but I don't have enough dps for Drox on T9 and it's a pain to make currencies, nothing interesting to trade and still no exalt :( No idea how to get more dps till I can afford Arakali Fang, I'm stuck !

Hi Xandharba,

cold iron point dagger gives 3 skillgemlevels HoA, that's easy 35% more damage, 18 chaos. Take phantasms in your HoA supports or skeletons on triggered cwdt for the ascendancy-buffs. Arakaali's fang is still expensive, but would be huge upgrade with spiders and withers.

Withering step raises HoA's chaosdamage much when you are elusive.

Dreadbanner and holy relic linked with feeding frenzy are other damagebuffs too.

Chaos or dex levels on amulet will raise damage, triggerwand + granted gemlevels you can craft yourself for starting, see page 50 "crafting".

You can buff damage with low and even without currency. But yes, some gear is hard to get in this leaguestart, but you can workaround on all slots.

On page 50 in the poe trade links and starting gear spoiler are all alternatives.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50#p24032068

Take also a look into the spoiler "checklist damage" for all factors, you are missing some buffs.

But most important: you are still using skeletons on your 6-link? Switch to HoA (and generate virulences for HoA damage with "chance to poison support" and "serpentine spellslinger", see checklist damage and gloves in "gear, skills links" and "the golden rule" and "pure agony" in "jewels and clusters" as CI!) for obtaining, yes hehe, nice 10x up to 20x more damage. For enough mana get small clusters with "uncompromising", 1 chaos. You will raise your damage from 80k (240k vaal skeletons) to 800k HoA and when you use some tipps much further, 3 big M are not hard to reach with your level. 2x "pure agony" on medium clusters for 50 virulences and "cold iron point dagger" 18 chaos are enough investment when you go with the build closely to reach red t15-16.

For skeletons or minion instability in your high level you need a lot other maxup buffs and gear and skills. Only vaal skeletons will offer a small buff. In this build skeletons are only valuable for lowlevel levelling.

You are ready for CI too. With skin of the loyals, start with 2 green sockets for HoA and pierce, 40 chaos, and healthy mind, 1 chaos, you will double your defences and substain.

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 26, 2021, 6:54:00 PM
Got my Memory Vault and Aegis Aurora last night. Previously I was squishy and I had to proceed with caution. Now I'm immortal and I can just tank whatever. Damage is a bit low, but I have plenty of options. Gonna buy soon Cold Iron Point, Circle of Nostalgia allows me to buy Pure Agony medium cluster, couple more levels allows me to buy Large Minion cluster. I'll probably switch to offensive curse since nothing can kill me anyway.
Just got the armor :D
what should i stick in the 6th link (red) for now?
As i dont have enough money to get empower (even lvl 1)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info