3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Intensify wrote:
Warning for all 3.5 Betrayal players: this build is not bad as a league starter to unlock maps an few things more, but as soon as you get into league mechanics on high tier maps, the build turns out to be ultra-squishy versus syndicate, mostly dead instantly on most syndicate encounters on red maps, it's not worth to invest on this build and will never be worth even with GG items. Played for 60 hours already, just right now decided to find a different build.

I haven't quite gotten to maps yet, but I did play a similar build using Soul Mantle + totems during Incursion; I got up to level 90 with incredible ease and managed to push to around t12 maps without much trouble outside of walking into reflect maps and not paying attention to Aztiri mechanics. I played the build as a league starter just to gather currency to fund my other builds.

I cannot speak on how badly Syndicate mechanics get later on, but I'll definitely grind out a few more hours of totems until I feel like trying something new.
Level 92 atm with 6L Soul mantle, Essence Worm, Call of the Brotherhood, Marylene's with Wrath implicit, Bone helmet and Wise Oak with balanced cold/lightning and sick dagger(s)

What can I do to up my damage even more? I'm crafting on ilvl85 shaped kris base hoping to get a better weapon, but I've got a bunch of currency to spend, but no clue what on
Dan_Krillson - Lvl 100 Arc Totems -
#2 Hierophant Betrayal
"
MisterTails wrote:
"
Havigus wrote:
First time playing a totem build so sorry for the nooby question. How do we achive 4 totems with this gear?

The idea was to use the new veiled mods to get a +1 summoned totem onto a shield. Unfortunately, at the beginning of the league (literally this past weekend), it was discovered that the +1 totem shield mod was removed from the game due to it being deemed "too strong" or something along those lines. We found out about this via a Reddit thread; you can check back to about page 77-79 or so for the link to the post itself.

GGG confirmed that they would enable the mod for the coming patch, but mentioned something about the veiled mod only appearing on ilvl 75+ shields. Item Level 75+ shields, so you know. If you're unaware, you can open your inventory and hold ALT to check the item level when you hover over an equipment.

The alternative is to use Tukohama's Fortress unique shield, but this build does not make use of Blood Magic. The only other viable alternative is to use Soul Mantle. The biggest downside to using a Soul Mantle is causing a self-inflicted curse be placed upon you whenever a totem dies, either it expires normally, gets destroyed by an enemy, or you replace a totem (it technically dies, for some reason).

To combat the Soul Mantle's negative effect, you have to roll a "of Warding" modifying onto one of your flasks, so it will grant immunity to curses as well as remove existing curses upon usage.

Just a side note.

• Soul Mantle
  • Atziri's Reflection
  • Self-Flagelation
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Jgizle wrote:
Just a side note.

• Soul Mantle
  • Atziri's Reflection
  • Self-Flagelation

Just going to get yourself a casual Atziri's Reflection? I feel like you will want a backup plan.
how about new totem support? i am using it right now and the quality of life it provides is amazing, but dunno which gem should i drop for it, crit strikes?
I have doubts with the number of totems, 3 with the tree and ascendency, 1 with soul mantle, 1 with tukohama shield, 1 with veiled mod

Can we have 6 active totems when they put on the new patch?

We came looking for copper and found gold
"
EdwardElric66 wrote:
I have doubts with the number of totems, 3 with the tree and ascendency, 1 with soul mantle, 1 with tukohama shield, 1 with veiled mod

You planning on dualwielding shields :D?
"
Luckyyy7 wrote:
"
EdwardElric66 wrote:

You planning on dualwielding shields :D?

+1 totem veiled mod only in shields? sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Hey,

Shouldn't we use spell totem+multiple totem instead of spell cascade+increased duration with conductivity setup?
Less management and more damage/mana regen with the ascendancy?
"
Intensify wrote:
Warning for all 3.5 Betrayal players: this build is not bad as a league starter to unlock maps an few things more, but as soon as you get into league mechanics on high tier maps, the build turns out to be ultra-squishy versus syndicate, mostly dead instantly on most syndicate encounters on red maps, it's not worth to invest on this build and will never be worth even with GG items. Played for 60 hours already, just right now decided to find a different build.

I can agree on some regards, but I've already cleared the lvl 80 mastermind boss encounter and am working towards it again. A lot of builds are one shot, not just this one.

Also... I'm becoming a better player because of incursions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info