3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Jgizle wrote:
"
MisterTails wrote:
"
Havigus wrote:
First time playing a totem build so sorry for the nooby question. How do we achive 4 totems with this gear?

The idea was to use the new veiled mods to get a +1 summoned totem onto a shield. Unfortunately, at the beginning of the league (literally this past weekend), it was discovered that the +1 totem shield mod was removed from the game due to it being deemed "too strong" or something along those lines. We found out about this via a Reddit thread; you can check back to about page 77-79 or so for the link to the post itself.

GGG confirmed that they would enable the mod for the coming patch, but mentioned something about the veiled mod only appearing on ilvl 75+ shields. Item Level 75+ shields, so you know. If you're unaware, you can open your inventory and hold ALT to check the item level when you hover over an equipment.

The alternative is to use Tukohama's Fortress unique shield, but this build does not make use of Blood Magic. The only other viable alternative is to use Soul Mantle. The biggest downside to using a Soul Mantle is causing a self-inflicted curse be placed upon you whenever a totem dies, either it expires normally, gets destroyed by an enemy, or you replace a totem (it technically dies, for some reason).

To combat the Soul Mantle's negative effect, you have to roll a "of Warding" modifying onto one of your flasks, so it will grant immunity to curses as well as remove existing curses upon usage.

Just a side note.

• Soul Mantle
  • Atziri's Reflection
  • Self-Flagelation

Or:
[*] Soul Mantle
[*] 2x Kikazaru (2c each)
[*] Self-Flagelation

Time to get those open prefix shields ready boys!

If only this were on fossilised spirit shield base...

For prefixes, prioritize life, then look for mana, spell damage, or lightning damage along with +1 totem crafted on. For suffixes- priortiize spell crit, cast speed, and then whatever else you might want.
Hey, I'm new to this build and having a blast so thanks for the guide. :) I Was wondering If anyone has tried this build with the new Armageddon brand skill? I was thinking of moving this build in that direction after finding out you can cast the new brands with totems. Maybe self-cast brand is better with the trickster build? Sick skill though! I thought I would stay with arch but man the brand skill looks better in person than the teasers. Imo :)

Here is the build I was thinking? https://pastebin.com/gYyxP3gy (I hope it lodes the right tree).
Very similar to the first post but with diversions to the brand nodes. I did not edit the gear/skill setups or jewels, just the tree nodes. I figure I can edit the skills and items when I know what do to do with my build. I will need help in knowing what to change on my brand totem six link if anything.

Anyway I was wondering if it's worth grabbing sign of purpose and the other brand nodes and forgoing the crit?
Additionally, I was thinking of pathing down to primal manifestations and grabbing some of the other fire nodes in the tree. Snow forged, firewalker, holy fire, and explosives impact are all options just to name a few. Would mean dropping the crit nodes though. Then again, I am a little bit confused at how crit works (global/local crit and crit chance/ crit multiplier) and how controlled destruction affects crit. No worries I can research that later using the wiki or YouTube. I mostly wanted to get tips on using brands for this build, so I can keep leveling.

Another thing I was curious about was the Area damage nodes like blast radius and what is better for brand. I also want to make sure I have enough jewel slots for this build.

Lastly, this question is probably better suited for a thread dedicated to the new brand skill. It seems like attachment range is not as strong as increased duration and brand activation nodes because I am using totems.
I hope this all flows, grammar is not my strong suit.
Thanks
Last edited by Zorven on Dec 12, 2018, 11:24:28 AM

The damage of my totems seems low, arc shows 15.5k in character window before any buffs are applied. I know my resistances aren't capped. Strictly looking at what items I could upgrade whether it be weapons or whatever. Also, not looking at advice on links I know I don't have immortal call linked right and what not, still working on getting correct links/colors for all the gem setups.

Character link if interested

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Embermouth/characters
hey guys im playing arc totems for the first time and im doing pretty well, got to red maps (t15 corrupted done) and could do them with ease.

i have to say that with rippy mods on the map the syndicate is quite hard to deal with, sometimes even one shotting me. i have around 6k life and 2,2k mana.
pob says that my damage is around 160k with nearly 55% crit chance and 470% crit multi.

i think i spend around 2-3 ex on the build so far, got a litte lucky on some items.

but i have to say that i went with the arc totem build from zizaran, which seems to be much more into defense.

i was wondering if it could be a thing to respec in your build. but in you pob you just have around 4,7k life. do you think the higher damage of your build will be better or should i go with the more defense way (for example the scion life wheel).

i think sometimes more damage is a better defense. maybe someone can tell me if its worth or give me some tipps.

it just doesnt feel that good to get one shotted, when you can do the rest of the map without problems. its a bit frustrating tbh.

im not playing with soulmantle but with essence worm, so i have 3 totems atm.

here is my pastebin if someone want to check it out:

https://pastebin.com/6sxw8Mdu

sorry for the bad english.
"
Ryukaage wrote:
hey guys im playing arc totems for the first time and im doing pretty well, got to red maps (t15 corrupted done) and could do them with ease.

i have to say that with rippy mods on the map the syndicate is quite hard to deal with, sometimes even one shotting me. i have around 6k life and 2,2k mana.
pob says that my damage is around 160k with nearly 55% crit chance and 470% crit multi.

i think i spend around 2-3 ex on the build so far, got a litte lucky on some items.

but i have to say that i went with the arc totem build from zizaran, which seems to be much more into defense.

i was wondering if it could be a thing to respec in your build. but in you pob you just have around 4,7k life. do you think the higher damage of your build will be better or should i go with the more defense way (for example the scion life wheel).

i think sometimes more damage is a better defense. maybe someone can tell me if its worth or give me some tipps.

it just doesnt feel that good to get one shotted, when you can do the rest of the map without problems. its a bit frustrating tbh.

thats whats i want to know too gettin one shot pissed me off at 85+ lvls losing so much EXP i should be 100 now LOL but get one shoted when immortals arrive and i watch my totems killin them after i die LOL
"
DarkTG wrote:
"
Ryukaage wrote:

thats whats i want to know too gettin one shot pissed me off at 85+ lvls losing so much EXP i should be 100 now LOL but get one shoted when immortals arrive and i watch my totems killin them after i die LOL

Both of you guys must be doing something wrong... like standing in place? i don't even get hit by syndicate members, movement is key, use your flame dash guys. place totems and run away, by the time you loose them from screen, they should be dead, easy as that.
"
Aurell wrote:
"
DarkTG wrote:
"
Ryukaage wrote:

Both of you guys must be doing something wrong... like standing in place? i don't even get hit by syndicate members, movement is key, use your flame dash guys. place totems and run away, by the time you loose them from screen, they should be dead, easy as that.

the problem with that is that my totems die so fast sometimes against syndicate members that i have to replace them nearly on cooldown. but you are right im thinking all the time about my movement, but sometimes it just seems to be so random that some syndicate guy is spawning on me and hitting me nearly to death even if im running^^

EDIT: and just to be clear im not talking about t10 maps thats easy af im talking about t13-15, but maybe i just have to accept it that its not facrolling every time i do them^^
Last edited by Ryukaage on Dec 12, 2018, 1:56:50 PM
"
Ryukaage wrote:

the problem with that is that my totems die so fast sometimes against syndicate members that i have to replace them nearly on cooldown. but you are right im thinking all the time about my movement, but sometimes it just seems to be so random that some syndicate guy is spawning on me and hitting me nearly to death even if im running^^

EDIT: and just to be clear im not talking about t10 maps thats easy af im talking about t13-15, but maybe i just have to accept it that its not facrolling every time i do them^^

You might want to invest in some miniuon/totem resistance instead, my totems die only in reflect maps, other than that, they never die, and have 16k hp and resistances
is there a preferable base for rare chest? Or do I just find life/res anything and start trying to 6l? Or are you guys aiming for a certain unique? I'm not against soul mantle/always run buff flask with constant curse warding up unless there's something better.
Last edited by centrumsilver on Dec 12, 2018, 3:23:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info