3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Bourgee wrote:
"
faytte wrote:
"
Bourgee wrote:
bro why are you trolling?! 1. you want to tell me that you will not be able to get a 50c item before you get to red maps? poor you. 2. we are not losing 25% cause we get 3% for each totem and we get the faster clear cause we summon 2 totems now. 3. you have no idea of the game and totem builds sry to say that but you are talking pretty much shit.

It's not trolling, 55-60c for something mandatory on a budget build means you are loosing that same investment on other items. Costs are not in a vacuum, there is an opportunity cost as well. Secondly, you lost -25 and gained back 9%, so you are still down -16%, and the loss of wrath which takes this builds POB dps rom 403K per totem down to 308K per totem (so 25%). No one is saying that this build isn't find without an investment, but between the market and the new veiled mod, its not the 'go to' for cheap builds, that would be traps probably. If you do plan to invest 2-3 ex into this build, doing BV/Winter Orb will clear maps far faster.

it's still one of the strongest and cheapest starter builds. and trap/mine playstyle is slow af compared to totems. and bv/winter orb costs much more to kill shaper with. but w/e keep on thinking you are right. idc anymore. i have done this build 4 leagues in a row now. i think i know best what this build can compared to other builds

BV/WO is a build to farm maps with, which it does faster/cheaper than arc. I don't think anyone rolls arc to kill Shaper, its more than it 'can' kill Shaper, and if you are looking at cheap builds to kill Shaper, mines and traps are better for that.

I do agree Arc Totem is better at clear now with double totems than mines though, but I largely see builds a 1) league starter, you use this to farm maps 2) boss killer, something you fund from your league starter. As a league starter, I think you are better served going other routes because of the changes. If you want your league starter to kill shaper and not reroll as most people do for a boss farmer, then...i guess?
a perfect league starter is a build don't don't need a single (expensive) unique to bring you into redmaps and this build can even do kill shaper without any uniques. so i guess it's a good starter lmao. stop talking trash now. you never made it into endgame and still trying to talk dumb shit :(
"
Bourgee wrote:
a perfect league starter is a build don't don't need a single (expensive) unique to bring you into redmaps and this build can even do kill shaper without any uniques. so i guess it's a good starter lmao. stop talking trash now. you never made it into endgame and still trying to talk dumb shit :(

1) Do you normally write like a 10 year old? No one is slinging around insults here other than you, and I never said the build itself was bad, but the changes and the league economy have hurt it, which they have. Stop being overly defensive.
2) I also never said it wasn't viable, but you have better options and that the changes hurt what made it great. Going traps or mines just seems more viable(note, i said 'more', not 'overwhelmingly' or anything), and looking at poe ninja that generally seems to be the community agreement, not just my own. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Arc

Done with the thread. For the record I like your build a lot, great work!
Last edited by faytte on Dec 11, 2018, 8:02:06 PM
"
faytte wrote:
"
Bourgee wrote:

1) Do you normally write like a 10 year old? No one is slinging around insults here other than you, and I never said the build itself was bad, but the changes and the league economy have hurt it, which they have. Stop being overly defensive.
2) I also never said it wasn't viable, but you have better options and that the changes hurt what made it great. Going traps or mines just seems more viable(note, i said 'more', not 'overwhelmingly' or anything), and looking at poe ninja that generally seems to be the community agreement, not just my own. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Arc

Done with the thread. For the record I like your build a lot, great work!

you come in here. talking the build down for 5 hours now. even if you don't know how the build works into endgame. for what reason did you even comment any of your comments for real? you are just saying things that are not right at all!
First time playing a totem build so sorry for the nooby question. How do we achive 4 totems with this gear?
Is there any single target setups for totems? I'm curious how not to kill for instance lieutenants in uber lab
"
Havigus wrote:
First time playing a totem build so sorry for the nooby question. How do we achive 4 totems with this gear?

The idea was to use the new veiled mods to get a +1 summoned totem onto a shield. Unfortunately, at the beginning of the league (literally this past weekend), it was discovered that the +1 totem shield mod was removed from the game due to it being deemed "too strong" or something along those lines. We found out about this via a Reddit thread; you can check back to about page 77-79 or so for the link to the post itself.

GGG confirmed that they would enable the mod for the coming patch, but mentioned something about the veiled mod only appearing on ilvl 75+ shields. Item Level 75+ shields, so you know. If you're unaware, you can open your inventory and hold ALT to check the item level when you hover over an equipment.

The alternative is to use Tukohama's Fortress unique shield, but this build does not make use of Blood Magic. The only other viable alternative is to use Soul Mantle. The biggest downside to using a Soul Mantle is causing a self-inflicted curse be placed upon you whenever a totem dies, either it expires normally, gets destroyed by an enemy, or you replace a totem (it technically dies, for some reason).

To combat the Soul Mantle's negative effect, you have to roll a "of Warding" modifying onto one of your flasks, so it will grant immunity to curses as well as remove existing curses upon usage.
Last edited by MisterTails on Dec 11, 2018, 11:25:37 PM
"
FakelZ wrote:
Is there any single target setups for totems? I'm curious how not to kill for instance lieutenants in uber lab

there are some setups but totems will always attack anything they have in range so even with "single target" setups you can't tell them to not attack something!
Warning for all 3.5 Betrayal players: this build is not bad as a league starter to unlock maps an few things more, but as soon as you get into league mechanics on high tier maps, the build turns out to be ultra-squishy versus syndicate, mostly dead instantly on most syndicate encounters on red maps, it's not worth to invest on this build and will never be worth even with GG items. Played for 60 hours already, just right now decided to find a different build.
Can i know what build u play right now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info