3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
faytte wrote:
I think my issue with the build isn't the fault of the build but the league. This is supposed to be a cheap build but supposedly getting the +1 totem now costs 3 EX, and for some reason Essence Worms are hovering at 55 chaos, and clear mind jewels are just below or at an EX. You are already looking at 4 ish EX for something that used to cost you 10-15C. Add in the cost for a good Soul Mantle and you are in the 4.5/5 EX range and havn't accounted for needing good rares to scale the build. Even without the Soul Mantle, this is in the 4 ex range for something that used to be 'cheap'.

It feels like investing that same currency into an BV/Winter Orb character will just get you further and you will have a better map grinder in the end. Part of this isn't GGG's fault (some of the item rarity costs skyrocketing) but the shield craft cost certainly is.

1. You need to learn to read. "none of the uniques are requiered". You can easy push to Red Maps without any of the uniques. 2. If you really think you can get into endgame with 10-15c you got to be trolling or never made it to endgame. 3. with all the new thinks you can get so much currency, sure the things are more expensive when there is more currency in the game.
Last edited by Bourgee on Dec 11, 2018, 5:34:59 PM
"
Bourgee wrote:
"
faytte wrote:
I think my issue with the build isn't the fault of the build but the league. This is supposed to be a cheap build but supposedly getting the +1 totem now costs 3 EX, and for some reason Essence Worms are hovering at 55 chaos, and clear mind jewels are just below or at an EX. You are already looking at 4 ish EX for something that used to cost you 10-15C. Add in the cost for a good Soul Mantle and you are in the 4.5/5 EX range and havn't accounted for needing good rares to scale the build. Even without the Soul Mantle, this is in the 4 ex range for something that used to be 'cheap'.

It feels like investing that same currency into an BV/Winter Orb character will just get you further and you will have a better map grinder in the end. Part of this isn't GGG's fault (some of the item rarity costs skyrocketing) but the shield craft cost certainly is.

1. You need to learn to read. "none of the uniques are requiered". You can easy push to Red Maps without any of the uniques. 2. If you really think you can get into endgame with 10-15c you got to be trolling or never made it to endgame. 3. with all the new thinks you can get so much currency, sure the things are more expensive when there is more currency in the game.

I think if you're going to eventually take MoM, that makes Essence Worm mandatory unless you're willing to not use Wrath. Having your Mana pool cut in half while using MoM seems counterintuitive.
Currently level 82 with this build and I love it. The leveling part was the smoothest I ever done, got to level 60+ in about 5 hours.

Im just wondering what pantheon you guys using? I feel squishy sometimes, still need to do the last lab tho. Thanks
"
The_Fatness wrote:
"
Bourgee wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

I think if you're going to eventually take MoM, that makes Essence Worm mandatory unless you're willing to not use Wrath. Having your Mana pool cut in half while using MoM seems counterintuitive.

This. Just because you can do something doesn't make it good. Getting into red maps down 1 totem is a loosing 25% of your damage vs last league, and you are down the tankiness of MoM or the damage of wrath. At that point either your expectations for how you tackle red maps is going to be drastically reduced, to the point I would ask why go this route, or you are going to be coughing up exalts, in which case another build is better. The reason Totems are so attractive is cause they were 'good enough' while being very cheap to get up and running. An arc trapper is probably the way to go overall, or an arc miner; all of their unqiues are dirt cheap, you can use decoy totem without a dps loss unlike arc totem, and you tend to gain phase acro and the sab's passive blindness and superior regen. Before Betrayal, I would have said it was pretty close, making it largely preference, but the shift in totem count means you will hit a ceiling far earlier without a big investment.
bro why are you trolling?! 1. you want to tell me that you will not be able to get a 50c item before you get to red maps? poor you. 2. we are not losing 25% cause we get 3% for each totem and we get the faster clear cause we summon 2 totems now. 3. you have no idea of the game and totem builds sry to say that but you are talking pretty much shit.
Anyone know if flask mod surgeons (20% chance charge on crit) works with totems?

I found two forum posts via google but both were answered by players with "no". There is no information on the wiki (totems, spell totem, flasks, surgeons, etc) about this interaction.

Also, anyone found a good veiled mod or craft that makes this build better? I've been using "For 3 seconds, 100% chance to shock nearby enemies on focus" on a ring and it seems like a deal.

Another veil mod I want to try but haven't setup yet is the "cast socketed spells when you focus" (helmet I think), then putting in vaal haste/whatever other temporarily spells. So you can cast all your vaal gems at once (freeing up more room on the skill bar).
"
Bourgee wrote:
bro why are you trolling?! 1. you want to tell me that you will not be able to get a 50c item before you get to red maps? poor you. 2. we are not losing 25% cause we get 3% for each totem and we get the faster clear cause we summon 2 totems now. 3. you have no idea of the game and totem builds sry to say that but you are talking pretty much shit.

It's not trolling, 55-60c for something mandatory on a budget build means you are loosing that same investment on other items. Costs are not in a vacuum, there is an opportunity cost as well. Secondly, you lost -25 and gained back 9%, so you are still down -16%, and the loss of wrath which takes this builds POB dps rom 403K per totem down to 308K per totem (so 25%). No one is saying that this build isn't find without an investment, but between the market and the new veiled mod, its not the 'go to' for cheap builds, that would be traps probably. If you do plan to invest 2-3 ex into this build, doing BV/Winter Orb will clear maps far faster.
loving the build so far, the totem shield is tukohama's?
Last edited by yaremlol on Dec 11, 2018, 6:37:25 PM
"
faytte wrote:
"
Bourgee wrote:

It's not trolling, 55-60c for something mandatory on a budget build means you are loosing that same investment on other items. Costs are not in a vacuum, there is an opportunity cost as well. Secondly, you lost -25 and gained back 9%, so you are still down -16%, and the loss of wrath which takes this builds POB dps rom 403K per totem down to 308K per totem (so 25%). No one is saying that this build isn't find without an investment, but between the market and the new veiled mod, its not the 'go to' for cheap builds, that would be traps probably. If you do plan to invest 2-3 ex into this build, doing BV/Winter Orb will clear maps far faster.

it's still one of the strongest and cheapest starter builds. and trap/mine playstyle is slow af compared to totems. and bv/winter orb costs much more to kill shaper with. but w/e keep on thinking you are right. idc anymore. i have done this build 4 leagues in a row now. i think i know best what this build can compared to other builds
"
yaremlol wrote:
loving the build so far, the totem shield is tukohama's?

no. it's a veiled mod on shields

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info