Individual Loot Option

Eh, make bosses drop certain items and give out heaps of experience points. People will always want to get level Max. Once people get the multiple copies of boss items they'll give it up but still continue for the residual exp.

Leave the treasure to the hidden chests or treasure rooms.

Don't make the devs believe they need to make a b2p item that guarantees you an item because you happen to hear a loud noise. ie a boss dying.
"
eversorgod wrote:
its impossible to judge a support class in that way if you ask me

sure us humans can say oooooh he cast that buff just at the right time, i cant see how you would do automaticly

if there is a healer class then just because his team mates didnt require healing does not mean he was not willing to heal them, it would just make support classes pointless to play unless grouping with good mates or decent honest players

As an all-know spectator - that would be server position - it's possible to perfectly judge all and any class. If healer does not need to heal, it means party don't need a healer. If he heals 50% times, that means party is not optimised - they could do it with "weaker" healer, or move to harder monsters. "Decent honest players" is irrelevant issue once server decides who gets what based on gameplay performance.

Kill contribution suits random parties. If you are in guilt / real life friends party, you would switch loot distribution to FFA or whatever else game offers.

Worth remembering:

"Nothing is impossible. There are just more or less capable."

@ Septile

You have nothing interesting to say. Work on yourself a little.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Actually I think Septile brings up some valid concerns about implementing a KC loot system. The main problem --more than whatever player action it may or may not encourage-- is the slippery slope of detecting "leeching." You could certainly key bossfight data and parse it out to make some conclusions about participation, but that is going to be very difficult. Already mentioned has been the healer/support complexity, but more than that different parties play different ways, and no matter how much logic the devs throw at it, there will be situations where the game's decision is not correct. Then you have to decide what leeching is, and create arbitrary thresholds on conditionals.
It is a difficult thing to assign empirical data to a subjective assessment of worth.
In addition, I really dislike the idea of a game judging player's playstyle and issuing rewards and punishments based upon an inherently fragile calculation.

However, you did mention a key concept that makes the argument all go away: Multiple loot modes.
If you can switch between FFA, KC, and Individual loot, then all three systems can co-exist without anyone being forced to accept a system they despise. The remaining questions being 1. Do the devs really want to spend the time? and 2. Which system will be the default?
To question #2 I'm going to go ahead and guess individual.
"
jackrungh wrote:
If you can switch between FFA, KC, and Individual loot ...

+ random split
+ dice rolling

I'm aware it would be difficult - but not impossible, especially with fine-tuning over time - to implement perfect KC system in most games, but we are on PoE forum. GGG already said there won't be support classes. Also, it seems by now there might not be as many skills as big games offer. Those two factors reduce complexity of KC a lot.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
I still dont understand how some people dont want individual loot...Dont u want other players in your party to get good items/skills so that you can barter for??
KC is just plain stupid for reasons allready mentioned. As for dice rolling, so u finally get the item u like but u roll low and someone else gets it?? thats just stupid.
"
tormenta wrote:

As an all-know spectator - that would be server position - it's possible to perfectly judge all and any class. If healer does not need to heal, it means party don't need a healer. If he heals 50% times, that means party is not optimised - they could do it with "weaker" healer, or move to harder monsters. "Decent honest players" is irrelevant issue once server decides who gets what based on gameplay performance.

im sorry but thats utter bs, if there is a support class your way basically means he gets no loot unless they face a boss or is in a much lower level group which is utterly retarded

"
tormenta wrote:

Kill contribution suits random parties. If you are in guilt / real life friends party, you would switch loot distribution to FFA or whatever else game offers.

kill contribution does not suit random parties at all lol, i just wont join such a party if this is being used as the loot system unless i am an in your face class, you wont get any support role classes joining you

the honest and decent players is not irrelevant at all, your welcome to play with players that dont give a shit about what your party gets but i wont
the way around KC being suboptimal is having it in a way that if you get penalized for being higher than the rest of the party.

But with the game being item based, I don't think that GGG wants everyone getting drops from a boss, as then the market will inflate less... and i don't think there needs to be individual loot for normal mobs.
How about having the items player-locked for a short period of time, and if the player misses it, too bad... someone else can grab.
Whether that is KC or random, then there's a better market as items are rarer...
If people are insistant on free-for-all loot, I'd recommend decreasing drop ratios by a significant amount... if 2 people in instance, 1/4, 3 people 1/9, 4 people 1/16 etc.
"
Gaza wrote:
the way around KC being suboptimal is having it in a way that if you get penalized for being higher than the rest of the party.

What you mean by that?
"
tormenta wrote:
"
Gaza wrote:

What you mean by that?

He means having the higher leveled players get a percentage of damage taken away by the KC's calculation to compensate for the fact that he's higher leveled and therefore may be doing more damage, or something like that. Which again, poses more problems.

And this same pattern will repeat every time you try to solve a problem with KC loot, if you solve that problem several more problems show up. That's why individual loot is the best, solves some important problems but makes no new problems, except making whiny so-called "hardcore" players.
Why cause players to fight over something they can't share?

Why not have it so the loot splatters across the floor or in the directions of the players? Maybe have a geyser effect with loot dropping over an area for a set period of time? As oppose to fetching have an usable item that causes the drops to spawn in front of a player or towards a player?

The individual loot option seems compliant. It removes a lot of anticipation and value in toppling a boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info