Individual Loot Option

There won't be roles in PoE. It's good old All out Attack system.

Ping is not a problem because sychronization can be done with the ping factor.

There is not a problem for ranged characters because there will probably skill/s like Original Diablo's "Telephaty".

We've debated about the loot system before and it's pointless to beat the dead horse.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
Zephyroth wrote:
The kind of system that would be needed to monitor 'how well' anyone in a group was performing in a game with such customization and diversity from class and skill combination would have to be so advanced ...

I don't know about you, but it didn't required too much data for me to properly judge some party member's performance. Especially in a games I played for long.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
I hope the developers realize that FFA loot doesn't create tension, it creates frustration.
Well it creates tension as well, imo if a new guy i just partied with picks up an item/skill i need, well i will definetily leave and/or kick him if i can. FFA is just outdated this is 2011 not 2001
Free For All loot can create negative feelings towards other players and cause people to play more solo games or games with just friends.

"Hey, that bow should be mine! I'm a ranger, the only one in fact!"

"/whisper Hey, this guy is getting all the good loot and not sharing, lets kick him, I'm getting tired of this."

I just don't think this type of enmity and animosity needs to be in the game. Giving players the option to play in either mode would essentially suit all types of players.
Happy Days Abound.
FFA should be available in party loot options. It's great for strengthening guild relations, testing greed and finding out who does not really belongs to guild.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
"
tormenta wrote:
FFA should be available in party loot options. It's great for strengthening guild relations, testing greed and finding out who does not really belongs to guild.

Now you're just scraping the bottom of the barrel in favor of FFA. Who the hell is actually going to do that? "Hey guys lets make the loot FFA to test your greed! derp derp derp derp..." when the guild relations can just as easily be strengthened by "Hey ranger I found a good bow you can use, do you want it?"
I've been considering opening up a new developer discussion thread with our thoughts on the matter, and a poll covering several of the options that have been discussed in these two lengthy threads. Hopefully I'll get to that soon...
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
I've been considering opening up a new developer discussion thread with our thoughts on the matter, and a poll covering several of the options that have been discussed in these two lengthy threads. Hopefully I'll get to that soon...

Uh oh, it's going to be mayhem all over again, maaayyyyyhem.

Though I am looking forward to hearing the developers thoughts on it, I'll try stay out of a repeat discussion of what has been gone over multiple times with the rest of us.
I hope we're not working you guys too hard! :)

I'll enjoy hearing exactly what everyone at GGG thinks about loot distribution after all this debate. I know that you guys want the game to be cut-throat and I applaud that you have a vision. I feel that in the end you will do what's best for your vision and for the game.

My arguments in their entirety are simply to take a broad spectrum approach and to let the player base decide what they enjoy the most. Some will prefer FFA, some will prefer Individual, and some may prefer some other system that you may have in mind.

But, in the end, I do have faith in your (GGG) ability to make a great game. That you will review all arguments, and make the best decision for your game, vision, and for the community as a whole.

Thanks for the reply Chris, and I can't wait to see what you guys have to say about this topic.
Happy Days Abound.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info