Individual Loot Option

"
Septile wrote:
Do you even know how Diablo 3's loot system works? Everybody gets their own drops, items are dropping just like normal, but only you can see them. It's EXACTLY like Diablo 2, except you're the only one who can pick up the items on your screen. Nobody is losing any drops, nobody is getting penalized except the trolls who just stand by the boss not doing any damage just so they can get the drops and leave the game.

Diablo3 loot system don't take kill contribution into consideration, at all. Without that, "troll" standing by the boss won't be really penalized - depending on drops, he might end exactly the same as with FFA.

Kill contribution must be MAJOR factor when it comes to who gets what. It's like that because monsters don't drop anything before their HP hits 0 - utter crap, I hope GGG is listening! Or I need to start one more thread in "Suggestions"?
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
"
tormenta wrote:
"
Septile wrote:
Do you even know how Diablo 3's loot system works? Everybody gets their own drops, items are dropping just like normal, but only you can see them. It's EXACTLY like Diablo 2, except you're the only one who can pick up the items on your screen. Nobody is losing any drops, nobody is getting penalized except the trolls who just stand by the boss not doing any damage just so they can get the drops and leave the game.

Diablo3 loot system don't take kill contribution into consideration, at all. Without that, "troll" standing by the boss won't be really penalized - depending on drops, he might end exactly the same as with FFA.

Kill contribution must be MAJOR factor when it comes to who gets what. It's like that because monsters don't drop anything before their HP hits 0 - utter crap, I hope GGG is listening! Or I need to start one more thread in "Suggestions"?

What the hell are you talking about? You're not making a single bit of sense.
as long as its not button spam pick up and all run to the mob before he dies i will be happy

"
tormenta wrote:
"
Septile wrote:

Ok, so your beef is that people can just group up in Diablo and follow their party without attacking and pick up loot dropped just for them.

Or you could note the fact that someone could group up with you in an ffa world and stop contributing(or never contribute) when the boss is at 5% and just hump his corpse for *all* the loot and you get nothing.

You seem to have a huge beef with Diablo 3. But your logic is somewhat lacking. Please clearly define exactly what is wrong with an individual loot system and how ffa prevents that problem. Best I can see, D3s loot system eliminates a whole lot of problems and causes no new ones. Granted it doesn't solve all problems but if you have some loser mooching you just kick him from the party and he gets no loot.
I never said FFA is better than individual system.

You and some other guy here mentioned kicking out party members. You think you'll be party leader all the time, that you can kick out any or all players just like that and that you can easily make a proper judgement on who's "leeching". None of that is true.

@ Septile

Get a brain. Even cheap one.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
"
tormenta wrote:

Especially noticeable in WoW, how do you even judge kill contribution? In WoW, people play support classes. If they were punished for playing these by getting less loot, then the whole game would suffer. No-one would want to play support roles, and teams wouldn't be as strong in battle.
I put the romance in necromancer <3
"
tormenta wrote:

@ Septile

Get a brain. Even cheap one.

Now now you two. Let's settle this like.... well nerds, PvP PoE style! Devs, send them a game key. Me as well, I'll.....judge.

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
"
Seamstress wrote:
In WoW, people play support classes. If they were punished for playing these by getting less loot, then the whole game would suffer. No-one would want to play support roles, and teams wouldn't be as strong in battle.

The same way we players judge - and agree on - if someone "leeches", is crappy healer or tank, or is good / elite player, that same way server can do it.

There is no good excuse for lack of kill contribution loot system. Technology is awesome. Devs are talented, in most cases. Company that will do it first will be glorified forever.
its impossible to judge a support class in that way if you ask me

sure us humans can say oooooh he cast that buff just at the right time, i cant see how you would do automaticly

if there is a healer class then just because his team mates didnt require healing does not mean he was not willing to heal them, it would just make support classes pointless to play unless grouping with good mates or decent honest players

both of which is never going to happen 100% of the time your online
"
tormenta wrote:
"
Seamstress wrote:
In WoW, people play support classes. If they were punished for playing these by getting less loot, then the whole game would suffer. No-one would want to play support roles, and teams wouldn't be as strong in battle.

The same way we players judge - and agree on - if someone "leeches", is crappy healer or tank, or is good / elite player, that same way server can do it.

There is no good excuse for lack of kill contribution loot system. Technology is awesome. Devs are talented, in most cases. Company that will do it first will be glorified forever.

There's a huge number of flaws with a kill contribution loot system. And since apparently you lack the cognitive skills to realize this, I'll spell it out for you:
Kill contribution based loot is idiotic, anybody who knows anything about how to develop a game, or even somebody who knows how to think, knows why KC loot is stupid. Here's why:

Higher leveled players, and players with better gear, will always be the ones getting the loot. So the people with shitty items or are lower leveled will never get any items, so they'll have to go play by themselves until they have better gear or are higher leveled. You're a fucking moron if you think this is a good idea, that's just one of the many major problems kill contribution loot brings to the table. There's a reason why no developers have done it yet.

You're better off with an individual based loot system like Diablo 3's for the exact reason FruitLord stated: it eliminates a lot of problems while causing no new ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info