Individual Loot Option

It will definitely be interesting to see what GGG thinks. They know the game best after all.
Forum Sheriff
i think it shoould be :

1> shortcut for picking up items
2> if the boss dies loot should be marked for those who has dealed the most damage team or person
3 > and then looting options need/greed/drop
where drop = free for all
======================
win7x64 ultimate
ati radeon 6850 latest drivers
AMD FX-6100
GA-970A-UD3
8 Gb ddr3 Patriot
======================
http://www.pathofexile.com/faq/
Since this is a P2P game that anyone can go create a free e-mail address, sign-up and start playing without truly verifying their real ID; put in a loot system.

Otherwise, everyone will rage quit the first time farmer67563 joins the party, loot whores, steals loot and bails on the party so they can go sell the loot. At least in other games there are mechanisms so the farmer only gets the loot if they actually won the role and people felt there were actually contributing to the group. (roll system or master looter system for raids)

The other mentioned option is also Viable. Hellgate Global uses it too and they have the random loot/random stat massive random drops system as well. At first I thought I was loot whoring, then my Girlfriend said "No, I am getting tons of loot as well".

That worked well as we traded with each other after the instance for pieces we had that the other could use.
My opinion on the matter is.

1. Fair loot - everyone one gets their own loot! No scrubs! No anger anymore!

2. Loot on personal performance - if you did the most damage to a boss you should get an extra-item.

-That could also be troubling if some classes are not able to so much damage like others.

But how could you reward a tank ?! Maybe you have some ideas?!

Everyone in the party gets same loot or same chance to roll on loot.

Let the party deal with slackers/dead weight if they feel they need too. Don't try to code in an AI that determines who should get loot, etc. Players hate that, especially when they are in a close guild and don't care if someone goes AFK to feed their baby...
My only experience with an invdividual loot system was in Drakensang Online and it just felt "wrong". And you only could find equipment for your own class, too much handhelding for my taste.

About bossfights: a need/greed dice system makes sense in games like WoW, where you're forced to team up with others to be able to get the best equipment.

In PoE nothing prevents you to go on a farming spree on your own if loot is your main concern or if you can't make an arrangement with your teammates.
Yea i don't like the rolling system, my dice in previous games are always unlucky and it seems like the same person always gets it.

I like the idea that when a monster dies every 1 gets a chance at getting loot but only they can see if for the first 20 seconds or so. So if they dont want it someone else can get it after 20 seconds or if they want it to sell they can just grab it.
"
ResidentHippy wrote:
I dont understand all the negativity about D3s loot system...Every person in the party gets his own loot, instead of having to be close to the boss when he is low on health so u can spam left-click and if your fortunate u get 1 of the drops.This is especially akward for long range chars like ranger/wizard.

nothing bad unless you are the multiply account farmer or worse like rmt
======================
win7x64 ultimate
ati radeon 6850 latest drivers
AMD FX-6100
GA-970A-UD3
8 Gb ddr3 Patriot
======================
http://www.pathofexile.com/faq/
"
arfa wrote:
Yea i don't like the rolling system, my dice in previous games are always unlucky and it seems like the same person always gets it.

I don't like a dice-system. The problem with a dice-system is. You still can get 0-items but you still killed the boss - pretty unlogic for me. I think everybody gets an item is pretty satisfying and you can still trade if someone gets something that you need!
Would it be possible to have different looting schemes set by the party leader?

Free-for-all
Assign Randomly
Assign with Prejudice
etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info