Individual Loot Option

Why should a player that contributed to kill very little get more than very little?
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
"
tormenta wrote:
Why should a player that contributed to kill very little get more than very little?

Please elaborate your question a little bit more... I'm not sure how to answer it.

I think that the option to have individual loot would be nice (maybe as an option for the leader or a voted option for the group).
Happy Days Abound.
Marauder 1 and Witch did a great job.
Ranger 1 did little damage because he mostly used wrong skills.
Marauder 2 was sort of AFK.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
In that scenario I would say the problem you have is playing with the wrong people.

In a multiplayer game the point is to support each other and pull your own weight the best you can.

Thus a Kick function would facilitate this in the best possible way. Someone AFK'ing or not pulling their weight? Vote-kick them or simply kick them from the group if you're the leader.

Honestly that scenario is more along the lines of a choice. You choose the people you want to play with, if they are AFKing or if they are weak, you can decide not to group with them again, or leave and find a new group. Or kick them from the group.
Happy Days Abound.
"
Silver wrote:
Honestly that scenario is more along the lines of a choice. You choose the people you want to play with, if they are AFKing or if they are weak, you can decide not to group with them again, or leave and find a new group. Or kick them from the group.

Or PK them before loot drops :D
I put the romance in necromancer <3
"
tormenta wrote:
"
FruitLord wrote:
if some stranger can just grab my hard-earned loot then I want no part of it. ... the fact that a good solution has been revealed via D3 means at the very least that should be implemented in any other aRPG, imo.

If you're playing in "6 people, 6 different classes party", your praised loot system will deprive you of 83.33% drops. Rare and expenssive bow goes to the only Archer in party, that contributed to kill very little - it's better that way than to pick it yourself and sell / trade for items you need, yes?

D3 loot system rewards the most those that should be punished the most.

What the fuck?

"
tormenta wrote:
I haven't sad what I would rather see. I said D3 loot system sucks.

A lot of things makes no sense to you later, and you miss the point way too often. Why not do yourself and others a favour and turn your computer off till D3 comes out? Thanks.

Is your actual name Trollmenta or are you for real?
Seriously, you're making no sense at all. Do you even know how Diablo 3's loot system works? It's the same exact thing as HG:L's, which worked perfectly. Everybody gets their own drops, items are dropping just like normal, but only you can see them. It's EXACTLY like Diablo 2, except you're the only one who can pick up the items on your screen. Nobody is losing any drops, nobody is getting penalized except the trolls who just stand by the boss not doing any damage just so they can get the drops and leave the game.

It's idiotic in any league, hardcore or default, to make loot free for all in a loot based game because it's only going to encourage players to play by themselves. Unless of course you don't want players playing together.
If it were up to me, FFA loot would only be implemented in the Cut-Throat League. But it's not up to me, is it? No, couldn't be.....wait is it?!
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
If it were up to me, FFA loot would only be implemented in singleplayer.

Oh wait..
"
Septile wrote:
"
tormenta wrote:
"
FruitLord wrote:
if some stranger can just grab my hard-earned loot then I want no part of it. ... the fact that a good solution has been revealed via D3 means at the very least that should be implemented in any other aRPG, imo.

If you're playing in "6 people, 6 different classes party", your praised loot system will deprive you of 83.33% drops. Rare and expenssive bow goes to the only Archer in party, that contributed to kill very little - it's better that way than to pick it yourself and sell / trade for items you need, yes?

D3 loot system rewards the most those that should be punished the most.

What the fuck?

"
tormenta wrote:
I haven't sad what I would rather see. I said D3 loot system sucks.

A lot of things makes no sense to you later, and you miss the point way too often. Why not do yourself and others a favour and turn your computer off till D3 comes out? Thanks.

Is your actual name Trollmenta or are you for real?
Seriously, you're making no sense at all. Do you even know how Diablo 3's loot system works? It's the same exact thing as HG:L's, which worked perfectly. Everybody gets their own drops, items are dropping just like normal, but only you can see them. It's EXACTLY like Diablo 2, except you're the only one who can pick up the items on your screen. Nobody is losing any drops, nobody is getting penalized except the trolls who just stand by the boss not doing any damage just so they can get the drops and leave the game.

It's idiotic in any league, hardcore or default, to make loot free for all in a loot based game because it's only going to encourage players to play by themselves. Unless of course you don't want players playing together.

I agree even in cut throat mode how is it fair on ranged characters who could be doing more damage than the melee.If it has to be FFA then it needs balance for ranged characters maybe a remote picking mode but then someone might not fight and steal your loot soon as it drops,difficult to make fair IMO.D2 had Enigma so its easy to forget how it was before everyone could teleport.
The individual loot will also promote grouping. Like someone said earlier, it is a loot-based game and because of that people will play alone or only with good friends simply to avoid being screwed. With seeing your own loot it means you can be at ease and group with anyone without the fear of wasting your time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info