Rain of Arrows

I like this skill but something is very strange...

so let me explain it. i run into a group of mobs, fire a volley of arrows sometimes 2-3 times, then i get some hits from the mobs and im stunned, and the shots i died are gone. they never fell thru the ground. That makes no sense. Now, where did all the arrows go? Are they stucked in clouds in the sky or what?^^ If i miss at a normal shot like frenzy or autohit the arrow miss the enemy and flys out of the screen, but at rain of arrows the arrows just disappear.

"
TSkafsgaard wrote:
GGG, does Rain of Arrows work with knockback, for example the knockback on critical hits from the King of the Hill notable passive?
If it does, are the affected enemies then "spread out" from the centre of the AoE from Rain of Arrows, or are they pushed away relative to your character's position, or in some other manner?

I need to know this for my build, which utilizes Rain of Arrows as her main AoE attack to deal with mobs, and I feel that knockback which behaves in an unexpected way could gimp her.

Thanks!

I remember reading somewhere that knockback always pushes mobs away from your character, no matter what.
[quote="Path of Exile forums"]Draft out of sync.[/quote]
"
artemis42 wrote:
"
TSkafsgaard wrote:
GGG, does Rain of Arrows work with knockback, for example the knockback on critical hits from the King of the Hill notable passive?
If it does, are the affected enemies then "spread out" from the centre of the AoE from Rain of Arrows, or are they pushed away relative to your character's position, or in some other manner?

I need to know this for my build, which utilizes Rain of Arrows as her main AoE attack to deal with mobs, and I feel that knockback which behaves in an unexpected way could gimp her.

Thanks!

I remember reading somewhere that knockback always pushes mobs away from your character, no matter what.

GGG, can you confirm this?
"
callmax wrote:
I like this skill but something is very strange...

so let me explain it. i run into a group of mobs, fire a volley of arrows sometimes 2-3 times, then i get some hits from the mobs and im stunned, and the shots i died are gone. they never fell thru the ground. That makes no sense. Now, where did all the arrows go? Are they stucked in clouds in the sky or what?^^ If i miss at a normal shot like frenzy or autohit the arrow miss the enemy and flys out of the screen, but at rain of arrows the arrows just disappear.

I've also seen Rain of Arrow shots never fall back down from time to time. I'm guessing this is probably a bug? It happens frequently enough for me to notice it, but not so regularly that I can figure out any sort of reproducible pattern.

EDIT: Also, and I may just be picking at straws here, I really wouldn't mind seeing the glow effect of Rain of Arrows considerably reduced. It looks quite cool when you're launching a couple off outdoors, but throw RoA on a ranged attack totem in a dark dungeon, and your screen will be glowing so brightly you can't see the monsters anymore. I was planning to go with a single totem build, but since I already can't see well enough to properly support the RoA spammer, I might as well just go dual totem and put on some sunglasses.
Last edited by Zazulio on Feb 17, 2013, 4:40:56 PM
This is a really fun skill, and I like the indirect fire aspect. It lets you target specific areas without having to go through mobs or (sometimes) obstacles.

The damage is pathetic though. The reason is poor synergy with supports. It's base damage is good, but when you can hit the same target 3, 6, 12 or 15 etc. times with Ice Shot or Lightning Arrows linked to pierce and LMP/GMP/CHain,(depending on size of pack, and how many AOE's you have overlapped), ROA can't compete. This makes ROA, ironically, better as a single target skill then an AOE due to the nice physical damage bonus. Or it would, except for the damage effectiveness penalty, which nerfs it to default attack damage until it's highly leveled.

The only thing I currently use this for is on a Ranged Attack Totem and stun/blind, which makes a very good suppression skill while I do the real killing. As an attack I would use for actual damage, it doesn't have anything to recommend it. Which is too bad, because it's a lot of fun.
Couple things I'd like to mention or ask about this skill. I've made a templar using this build and love it. I'm able to clear packs in merciless in 2-3 hits without being anywhere near them.

1) Issues with increased area and small spaced areas: I have built around taking all (or most) of the increased area of effect passives and combining RoA with increased area of effect support gem. The issue I have is sometimes in small spaces I can't fire my RoA because it seems like the game thinks I'm clicking on a wall or obstacle and thus just fires a regular attack. In outside maps this isn't an issue on outdoor maps but smaller indoor maps with small rooms and doorways can cause a headache.

2) Question about accuracy: I realize that this skill has an accuracy rating attached but I never seem to miss with it. I've looked over forum posts but haven't seen any concrete answer and was hoping someone could provide me with one. Does this spell ever miss?

3) Projectile Speed VS Attack Speed: As RoA has a large delay does anyone know what each of these provide? I've heard the attack speed cleans up the animation but projectile speed decreases the time from firing to the time of landing. I'm not entirely sure how these two stats affect the skill.

Last edited by recurring on Feb 26, 2013, 5:16:07 PM
"
recurring wrote:
Does this spell ever miss?

It's not a Spell.
Rain of Arrows does roll for Accuracy.

Both Attack Speed and Projectile Speed reduce the time between firing and dealing damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
recurring wrote:
Does this spell ever miss?

It's not a Spell.
Rain of Arrows does roll for Accuracy.

Both Attack Speed and Projectile Speed reduce the time between firing and dealing damage.

Thats not entirely true.
Even though the chance to hit goes down in the character screen, rain of arrows can never actually miss, which is also the only reason why rain of arrows is not completele garbage, even though it is still pretty bad compared to some of the better skills.
Last edited by gh0un on Mar 2, 2013, 3:01:44 PM
Yes, it can miss. It's an Attack, it rolls for Accuracy, just like every other Attack that does not have Always Hits. This is very easy to see for yourself. Grab a shit bow on your Witch, start shooting high level monsters with Rain, watch as you miss half thet time.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 2, 2013, 3:07:06 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yes, it can miss. It's an Attack, it rolls for Accuracy, just like every other Attack that does not have Always Hits. This is very easy to see for yourself. Grab a shit bow on your Witch, start shooting high level monsters with Rain, watch as you miss half thet time.

The point is that RoA fires so many projectiles at once, that even with 40% accuracy you will almost always score a hit. Each projectile you see on the ground is an individual roll, and with the way evasion works in this game, all you need is 100/(100-x) number of projectiles in range to score a hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info