Rain of Arrows

This may be my favorite skill in the game atm. It looks awesome visually and I love the delay. Feels really cool to shoot a couple of volleys into the air, then casually stroll past the enemies as arrows rain down on all sides and they die.

It also makes for some fun moments with reflect auras. Fire volley, then realize there's a reflect mob... you just have enough time to think DOH! before the arrows drop. :)
This skill is really great. I use this when I want to mow down a group of enemies fast (and want to have no mana orb left)

Since split arrow is just 100% pooched from Diablo, this is my favourite bow skill in Path of Exile.

Very fun and satisfying skill. :)
Last edited by capnbuh on Jan 3, 2012, 11:25:47 AM
Is it intended that this skill hit twice?
So I've done quite a bit of testing with this skill recently since it's the core of my ranger. What I've found...

- Projectile damage from passive works
- Projectile damage from support gem (like faster proj) does NOT work. Seems like a bug imho.
- Bow damage works
- Attack speed speeds up animation (wasn't noted in this thread but found it in an earlier patch discussion)
- Bow attack speed works
- Arrow speed does NOT work (biggest disappointment) - from item mod, from support gem, or from passive. None of them do anything.
- Knockback works but ironically I think they sit still (the arrow is hitting them from above after all)
- Pierce...no idea if it is doing anything
- Accuracy works (gem + passive + mods)
- Added elemental damage supports work

I haven't been able to get ahold of an increased area of effect gem, add projectile, or skill duration passive/gem so unsure if those work at all.

PLEASE add it in so arrow speed affects the rate at which it falls. It'd be nice to have a way to speed that up.
Rain of arrows is not technically a projectile skill, and projectile-specific stuff will therefore not work with it. The projectile damage passives currently are affecting it because of a bug.

Attack speed increases the attack animation and reduces the delay before they fall. After discussion with Chris, I'm making it so that the arrow speed also affects the delay.
mark, could you answer my question too? :P
"
faerwin wrote:
Is it intended that this skill hit twice?
No, and it doesn't, or at least I haven't been able to make it do so. Can you explain better what you mean?
well, I've been using rain of arrows with a bunch of life on hit (gem and items) and on a single mob, it always gave me twice the amount I have. In this case, I should have obtained 30 and I was getting 60. Incidentally, on a mob with low hp, I would only get 30, which lead me to believe that the skill hit twice.

"
faerwin wrote:
well, I've been using rain of arrows with a bunch of life on hit (gem and items) and on a single mob, it always gave me twice the amount I have. In this case, I should have obtained 30 and I was getting 60. Incidentally, on a mob with low hp, I would only get 30, which lead me to believe that the skill hit twice.

Are you sure you're not just hitting two monsters? I will perform more tests later.
100% sure. I tested it on purpose multiple times.

You can use a copy of my character (Gran) and you'll be able to replicate it.

I currently double checked and it still gives me double the amount.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info