unique items *no longer updated*

We finally get some good and interesting Uniques, that are in NO WAY overpowered, and what does everyone do? Whine... -.-

Those Boots are awesome!
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
I don't see why people are describing the new chain belt as a 'CI melee belt'. Looks more like a wandslinger belt to me... do they really need help right now?

That axe is pure cheese though, no doubt about it. Those special effects would be kind of interesting on an item with mediocre stats: just the mana cost thing alone is enough to enable some really crazy Dominating Blow builds (NB 'chill' but not 'freeze' means safety without destroying corpses). But the effect is ruined by throwing in such good physical damage mods on top that it becomes a no-brainer for everyone, even builds that don't care at all about chilling or mana cost.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
Can someone tell me what "melee attacks can't fail based on cost" means?

It means your melee attacks effectively cost zero mana. You will still attack despite not having the mana to pay for the attack, and whatever mana you have will still be taken. As a result, reserve 100% of your mana for auras and then 6L your main attack without having to worry about max mana/mana leech or having to get something like EB or BM.

For real? My god, why do they put that on a perfectly viable end-game weapon and not on a mid-level axe. Even worse, why doesn't it even have a drawback.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
that are in NO WAY overpowered

I'm not sure what rubric you're using for comparison, but the belt and axe are better than comparable rares and neither have a downside to force you to think about how to use them.

Far from it: their unique upsides reduce or remove the problems that a build using the base item would normally face. CI not having to care about chill/freeze? A fast attacking build not having to worry about mana? Ick.

---

"
kruemel2222 wrote:
For real? My god, why do they put that on a perfectly viable end-game weapon and not on a mid-level axe. Even worse, why doesn't it even have a drawback.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Last edited by pneuma on Jul 5, 2013, 9:01:42 PM
Damn, everyone is so upset lol.

All I have to say is:

- Love the belt (would use if find, can be replaced otherwise but very good)
- Boots are a nice addition to the Frenzy Charge stuff
- Axe is amazing. I'm simply happy that the Axe weapon type got some love. I already liked the Reaper one :)
- The armor. THE ARMOR. This feels like a "unique" to me.
> It makes you go WUT
> It makes you think (you cant just equip this without a proper build, you'll be f**ked)
> It looks and sounds awesome
> It makes you want to experiment, just because. Yes, I'm not even sure what to do with it, if I want to make a new char for it but still, if I can get my hand on one, I'll try it.

Gj supporters :)
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
that are in NO WAY overpowered

I'm not sure what rubric you're using for comparison, but the belt and axe are better than comparable rares and neither have a downside to force you to think about how to use them.

Far from it: their unique upsides reduce or remove the problems that a build using the base item would normally face. CI not having to care about chill/freeze? A fast attacking build not having to worry about mana? Ick.

---

"
kruemel2222 wrote:

¯\(°_o)/¯
It does have a drawback. Having to link all your Utility Skills with Blood Magic. And Axe passives are more out of the way than Sword ones, so you're not really gaining or losing any passives by not getting the Blood Magic Passive.

Other than that, yes it's damage and effect is quite good, but Physical Melee builds still needed more love imo. And there are Axes with better dps out there, *cough* Loralei, mispelled name >_< *cough*.

As for the Belt, aside from the Chill/Freeze, which you can easily use a Dream Fragments for (Though that doesn't protect you from Chill like this Belt does), but the other stats on the Belt are easy to get ON TOP of Resists.

It's just an alternative to Dream Fragments depending on what you want to do, what Resists you need on what piece of gear (Belt vs Ring), and what stats you'd need (Ele Weapon Dmg, Phys Leech, etc. As those 2 are exclusive.)

And the Boots, the Supporter who made it wanted to add more drawbacks, but GGG didn't want to as they believe that wouldn't make it balanced correctly. So it isn't op, and was balanced by GGG.
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jul 5, 2013, 9:10:21 PM
"
Damn, everyone is so upset lol.

All I have to say is:

- Love the belt (would use if find, can be replaced otherwise but very good)
- Boots are a nice addition to the Frenzy Charge stuff
- Axe is amazing. I'm simply happy that the Axe weapon type got some love. I already liked the Reaper one :)
- The armor. THE ARMOR. This feels like a "unique" to me.
> It makes you go WUT
> It makes you think (you cant just equip this without a proper build, you'll be f**ked)
> It looks and sounds awesome
> It makes you want to experiment, just because. Yes, I'm not even sure what to do with it, if I want to make a new char for it but still, if I can get my hand on one, I'll try it.

Gj supporters :)

This is what i thought when i found the armor. How would i build a char with enough str to equip it and still go CI, because i see no other way to survive the chaos damage without CI.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
It does have a drawback. Having to link all your Utility Skills with Blood Magic.

You are not forced to do that. If you play with Mana Leech as usual (just treat it like a really strong rare axe) then nothing changes. It allows you to put even more damage on and completely disregard resource concerns. That's like saying PA has the downside that you must play at low life... except nothing bad happens when you're not at low life. It's just free damage if you want to go get it.

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Other than that, yes it's damage and effect is quite good, but Physical Melee builds still needed more love imo.

I agree. The correct way to fix something like that is unilaterally, not by concentrating power into a BiS/required unique.
"
MageLord wrote:
This is what i thought when i found the armor. How would i build a char with enough str to equip it and still go CI, because i see no other way to survive the chaos damage without CI.
It's not about STR, equipping it is easy. You'd miss out on a TON of ES from losing the ability to equip an ES Chest, but with a good Helm and other pieces it may not be that bad..

But I don't see a reason to bother. 450 Chaos DPS in an AoE around you is inconsequential imo. And the aspd/Leech can easily be made up for with gear.

Though I still think it is quite a cool Chest, and can't wait until it gets it's own in-game art. As I personally believe that Astral Plate is THE ugliest Chest Armor in the game... -.-
"
pneuma wrote:

Characters not having to worry about chill / ground chill? Icetomb
Characters with CI not wanting to be frozen? Dream Fragments
Characters with or without CI not wanting to get stunned? Eye of Chayula
Characters with low-life not wanting to die to chaos damage? Shaveronne's Wrappings
Characters with Righteous Fire not wanting to take as much fire damage? Rise of the Phoenix
Characters that Discharge that don't want the run Enduring Cry? Voll's Devotion

I can keep going, but what you are basically saying that every single one of these items doesn't belong in the game, because it allows a certain spec to do something it normally couldn't which I'm assuming is exactly what you think.

And I'd like to reiterate that I basically insisted on adding a pretty hefty penalty, and was told that it wasn't necessary and would messy up the item.
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Jul 5, 2013, 9:20:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info