unique items *no longer updated*

Maybe it's time I bought that Eternal pack, just to push the boundary of how cheesy I can make my next unique item and get away with it (expect another Duelist and/or Frenzy piece).
unusual armor, i guess they're really trying to push melee CI with that belt and this armor.

i wonder when we'll get regular, interesting uniques that aren't gameshatteringly broken again.

"
At any rate, I'm not a cynic. I know where Chris stands on uniques because I've read the dev diary. A spike here and there doesn't signify all that much.

except they've completely obliterated their design diary time and time again and are continuing to do so, i wouldn't exactly call that a 'spike here and there'.
Last edited by xenogfan43 on Jul 5, 2013, 8:23:48 PM
"
Aux wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
that belt is another great build enabling item for CI builds...it has zero drawbacks along with making you basically immune to freeze and high as hell ES value.

Build-enabling implies that the build would not exist without that item. See also: facebreakers.
The new belt is as cheesy as they come. I'm not pleased, but it wasn't my decision to make.
The new 1h axe is even worse.

The boots and chest are cool, though.

I guess enabling melee CI characters doesn't count.

Melee CI existed long before this belt did. I credit Ghost Reaver with making melee CI viable, though I remember playing a melee CI even before that. It was absurdly hard and was easily the worst build type in the game.

The belt is better for wanders than melee. There is no downside nor interesting choice presented to the player: either find one and be strong or don't and be weak. I'm surprised it didn't also have tri-res, given how over the top the item is.
Last edited by pneuma on Jul 5, 2013, 8:26:16 PM
Low-life existed before Shavronne's did as well.
IGN: Aux
"
Novalisk wrote:
"
bitedefer wrote:

what free support gem, is it blood magic gem!!! Then who the hell use blood magic when they are doing a physical damage build. just freaking get % mana physical leech on your other item and its all done.

And that axe phew i would so get that axe than the unique axe.

Oh and post it when u get attack speed on it. If you get a 27% its gonna be epic.

You need lots of mana, mana regen, and mana leech to sustain a high attack speed 6-link cleave without blood magic (some even use 7-link via bringer of rain).

Dude i am using 6 L, i am pure physical and there is no problem maintaining my mana consumption. The only points i spent on mana is at the duelist starting area which is only 3 points. I did use the bringer of rain and it sucks for my build sincei have all my other gems (faster attacks and physical melee at 20 20 alreaqdy and these + my armor and helm stats trumps the helm)but mana consumption no there is no problem with it either. Like i said this axe is good for starters. This will become the axe to be used. But in no way this will be the BIS for axes especially physical cleave users.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
Blind is an absolutely amazing and heavily underutilized support.

The axe is without a doubt the lions eye of melee cleave users, and I cannot believe it was put in game. The belt, without any real downsides should have also never been placed in game.

Shame.
Yeah I guess I misused "build-enabling". Either way, this belt has no downside at all for CI build. It's a BiS CI belt I think, just off the +max ES values and freeze status ailment calculated from % of total ES
Last edited by grepman on Jul 5, 2013, 8:37:04 PM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Blind is an absolutely amazing and heavily underutilized support.

The axe is without a doubt the lions eye of melee cleave users, and I cannot believe it was put in game. The belt, without any real downsides should have also never been placed in game.

Shame.

I know but i cannot evade any attack thus no point in using blind.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
"
Aux wrote:

But low life RF did not. Although this is a problem more with ZO. The amount of people that played low life was small, because of chaos dmg. Flasks of heat were brought into the game for a reason.

This belt nor axe should have made it through to be in the game.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Aux wrote:

But low life RF did not. Although this is a problem more with ZO. The amount of people that played low life was small, because of chaos dmg. Flasks of heat were brought into the game for a reason.

This belt nor axe should have made it through to be in the game.

You're right sir. I should keep in line with what uniques slots should really be used for, stash space. My eternal item will be v2.0 of this for you to enjoy.

IGN: Aux

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info