unique items *no longer updated*

right nowm Arachnid Nest map 71lvl

IGN: againtrap
Last edited by streelok on Jul 5, 2013, 6:49:29 PM
"
Funny everyone whining about spending $1k to get something OP. Doesn't work that way, as has been pointed out by Charan and Aux within the last 5 or so pages. My unique (the new Sharkskin Boots) underwent many, many changes over time, mostly for balance reasons. I had proposed many more downsides (such as negative resists, cannot be used with RT (fit the theme of a previous version), a much stiffer penalty to IAS/ICS, etc.) and 9 times out of 10 I was told it wasn't necessary, let's see about adding this. Most of the responses were "buff it, it can use more" which I was surprised about, but I trust the balance department and testing more than my own theorycrafting. I got many opinions from other people about the boots as well during the design process. They're in game, I'm excited, and I don't regret a thing. I'm sure many of the other unique-designers feel much the same. ;)

Just ignore the obvious children that proliferate this forum. You know what's what and that's all that matters. Oh and thanks for the new boots! I found a pair this morning and was very excited, as I have never found a new unique. So fresh and clean. Cheers!
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
that belt is another great build enabling item for CI builds...it has zero drawbacks along with making you basically immune to freeze and high as hell ES value.
That axe is op....
"
grepman wrote:
that belt is another great build enabling item for CI builds...it has zero drawbacks along with making you basically immune to freeze and high as hell ES value.

Build-enabling implies that the build would not exist without that item. See also: facebreakers.
The new belt is as cheesy as they come. I'm not pleased, but it wasn't my decision to make.
The new 1h axe is even worse.

The boots and chest are cool, though.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

Build-enabling implies that the build would not exist without that item. See also: facebreakers.
The new belt is as cheesy as they come. I'm not pleased, but it wasn't my decision to make.

I guess enabling melee CI characters doesn't count.
IGN: Aux
"
Aux wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

I guess enabling melee CI characters doesn't count.

The enabling didnt require a top wed mod and a bis es mod. Uniques being outright bis or extremely high on the power curve with no drawbacks is becoming a bad habit. That axe is pretty much the melee equivalent of lioneyes glare too. Inb4 "but 1 in a million rares will be slightly better!".

The boots and torso seem fine, interesting mods and nothing blatantly op or bis about them.
IGN: KoTao
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that Axe is some hot shit.

Too hot?

Idk, time will tell. But god damn.
IGN: NoahsArChen

"Oh awesome, this guy posted his current gear. Let me find him an upgrade!" ~Said no one ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info