unique items *no longer updated*

"
Dan1986 wrote:
You max out chaos res, which is not too hard as a melee char.

Did you tried this, or just theorycrafting? Because if latter, I can say only "ha, ha, ha"...

Since beginning of OB I was able to gather max +60% chaos res on single character and it's summoner witch, so I don't care much about other stats. And she has 32% chaos res only from passives...

If I see such item, turned into utterly shit by "small drawback" I sometimes wonder, why I play this game. Next vendor crap in which place could drop something more valuable...
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
The belt should have some downside imo. Would be cool if it converted 50% of chaos dmg you take into random elemental dmg - downside for CI users, but then it's a buff to non-CI es builds, maybe the low life ES characters wouldn't need shavrones ;o
I totally want that chest
Funny everyone whining about spending $1k to get something OP. Doesn't work that way, as has been pointed out by Charan and Aux within the last 5 or so pages. My unique (the new Sharkskin Boots) underwent many, many changes over time, mostly for balance reasons. I had proposed many more downsides (such as negative resists, cannot be used with RT (fit the theme of a previous version), a much stiffer penalty to IAS/ICS, etc.) and 9 times out of 10 I was told it wasn't necessary, let's see about adding this. Most of the responses were "buff it, it can use more" which I was surprised about, but I trust the balance department and testing more than my own theorycrafting. I got many opinions from other people about the boots as well during the design process. They're in game, I'm excited, and I don't regret a thing. I'm sure many of the other unique-designers feel much the same. ;)
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
k i play dualwield with axes and when i get that new axe i dont need manaleech anymore, get 9 more skillpoints wich i invested in reduced manacost of skills and the only thing i need to do is linking my curses and enduring cry with the bloodmagic supportgem
srsly now how can this be balanced? no rare axe can top 350dps+9skillpoints(in my case)+no manaleech needed
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
Last edited by Sobeck on Jul 5, 2013, 3:59:34 PM
"
Lol dat belt.
Pay $1000, make the most OP item for yourself.

Borderline pay2win...

Did you pay for that unique? If you did not, I would recommend changing this attitude because clearly you can find this item in game for yourself just like everyone else. If you think money shits on trees and GGG shouldn't try to monetize their product to compete with the likes of Blizzard, then you have a problem.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Honestly, the axe isn't that broken. The effect only applies to melee attacks and still uses mana if possible. So unless you are PURE melee and dont cast anything else, you will still need mana.
"
Sobeck wrote:
k i play dualwield with axes and when i get that new axe i dont need manaleech anymore, get 9 more skillpoints wich i invested in reduced manacost of skills and the only thing i need to do is linking my curses and enduring cry with the bloodmagic supportgem
srsly now how can this be balanced? no rare axe can top 350dps+9skillpoints(in my case)+no manaleech needed

Well, for DW cleave you need 2 axes, and you only need one of these. So maybe that'll help keep the axe market going.
I had a feeling the 1hand axe unique would be related to cold, call it a hunch. Wasn't expecting the chill mod though. Thats pretty neat.
This dropped in Anarchy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info