unique items *no longer updated*

"
TEBird wrote:
Everyone keeps talking about this axe like melee is actually good.

I think melee is going to need about 50 more OP items before its even remotely balanced with ranged builds.

Yes, let's buff our unfortunate 50% playerbase that uses melee, by adding an expensive end-game item only 1% of the playerbase can get.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 5, 2013, 1:32:36 PM
"
Gahrlaag wrote:
Just out of curiosity, but has anyone thought that the duration based on your ES, does not mean a decrease in chill and stun? but the other way around? has anyone actually tried that belt yet and confirmed that it acutally reduces?

Lets try again..maybe i'm just overinterpreting it..
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.
"
Basically what the item is saying is if you have a 35 mana cost skill, and at the time you only have 28 Mana, you'll still be able to cast your skill because the attack cannot fail based on your mana cost.

Ho, crap. I see now. Gee, that's some ridiculous effect o.o
lovin the new uniques, they really open up alot of room for new builds imo, also why are there sooo many random comments/commentaries on this thread xD
@slangDontStop
Last edited by slanghardcircles on Jul 5, 2013, 1:52:11 PM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
Great, so we can expect more OP uniques? Thanks Obama.

And what a problem with unique being a little OP? It's what uniques should be for...

The problem IMO is, that some unique has so huge drawbacks that it renders them virtually useless if not used with very specific build and/or hard to find sets of other items and the other have little or no drawback.

So congrats to creators of belt and axe, IMO those uniques are that, what unique should be like.

Chest IMO can be put into category "so huge drawback that it renders it almost useless".

lol? The chest is the MOST INSANE shit that I have ever seen for a melee character.

You max out chaos res, which is not too hard as a melee char. Then you basically take zero chaos dmg, and if you are life-based, you regen the dmg very fast.
It's an endgame armor for sure and it's totally sick.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Zotta wrote:
"
halfdead2 wrote:
imo we need a dev clarification on the "melee hits cant fail based on cost" thing.

Or somebody who has some common sense to test it out and clarify how it works, i'd also imagine the person who designed it knows how it works. To me it sounds like if you lack mana for casting a melee skill, it will succeed regardless.

Precicely this, you will still cast skills with it, even if you fail to meet the cost. (It will still use mana if it can)

when this is the only thing about this mod what does this "based on cost" mean then?
when i have 0mana i can still attack but my attacks will fail?
and what happens when an attack fails? it misses?

one player said that he can still attack with 0mana but he has probably skilled resolute technique and cant see the "failing"????ß

thx ggg for making my brain hurt :P
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
Last edited by Sobeck on Jul 5, 2013, 2:11:44 PM
"
knac84 wrote:
"
rahven32 wrote:
For one there are already ilvl 100 items. For two common sense says there has to be higher level items eventually. Right now the highest the affixes go is ilvl 77. I highly doubt they expect people to continue to play for 23 more ilevels with no improvements over what we have right now.

Also since the game isn't finished and there will be higher level area's the game technically can not suffer from power creep. Power creep would only apply after the game has been in full release. Power creep usually comes from some kind of expansion. Hard to do that when the fourth act hasn't even been released. Let alone act 3 is unfinished.

Edit: Just looked and affixes can actually go to 79 not 77.

Sorry, meant lvl 100 affixes (without the 'i'). I know there are ilvl 100 items, I own several of racing, it means nothing. It's affixes and base item level what matters (talkign strictly about power creep here). When GGG said there would no more 'resets' after OB it's partially because they re-factored zone levels and item levels. There won't be more wipes so releasing higher level items and affixes would effectively mean power creep, no matter how you want to call it. Something they have stated are strictly against.

New content means that difficulty levels will get diluted amongst all the new zones, eventually there would be no Merciless difficulty for example, just like there is no Ruthless anymore (CB difficulty before Act 3 was released). This also has been said by GGG.

Sure they can change their core design decisions as much as they want, just hoping they stay by what they said and stop compromising and all the MMO'esque bullshit.

The ilvl of a item means everything. It determines everything from the number of sockets to what affixes are allowed. A ilvl 100 item is able to have every single type of affix for that item. Right now that is level 79 affix being the highest. I seriously doubt they will stop making affixes at level 79. Otherwise what was even the point of having ilvl 100 awards. I see no reason why they wouldn't continue up to level 100. As a matter of fact they almost have to add more otherwise whats the point. They might as well slap full release on it and never finish the rest of the game.

As far as power creep goes you are treating this beta as a full release game. It is not possible to have power creep until the game is done and no longer beta. Until then they can add or take away anything without any real consequence.
Melee Hits not affected by cost = you don't need blood magic gem on your melee skills.

Any gem that is not a melee skill still requires mana or blood magic. Example - curses, enduring cry, totems, etc. still require mana, thus the upside is also technically a downside as well.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
TheuberClips wrote:
Melee Hits not affected by cost = you don't need blood magic gem on your melee skills.

Any gem that is not a melee skill still requires mana or blood magic. Example - curses, enduring cry, totems, etc. still require mana, thus the upside is also technically a downside as well.

so "Mellee Attacks cant Fail Based on Cost" means the same as "Melee Hits are not affected by cost"?

if this is true this axe is realy op -_-
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
"
TheuberClips wrote:

Exactly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info