unique items *no longer updated*

"
lucksickle wrote:
Someone please tell me how the heck that axe accounts for no mana cost?

I can only think it's due to resolute techinque and 0 mana cast?

Please someone certify this, I posted the same question 1 or 2 pages ago and nobody gave a damn.

The axe allow you to attack even if your skill requires more than your current mana.
"
Novalisk wrote:

Without any mana nodes or mana items? I call BS.

Even if he does, heaven forbid you spec a few points into Mana passives and have 1 or 2 items with Mana on it. These aren't hard to come by items by any means...
Last edited by Switchblade8472 on Jul 5, 2013, 12:34:56 PM
im using phys cleave, 90 mana cost with 9.33 attack speed, not even using haste aura

how am i supposed to sustain that without losing 24% phys dmg and res / life on belt ?

dont even know if my mana pool is high enough to use the attack one time

also dont want to use worse item just to have mana leech

thats why the axe is bis for me
Sometimes making an offer is better than asking for a price.
Last edited by TheShadowX on Jul 5, 2013, 12:36:52 PM
"
lucksickle wrote:
Someone please tell me how the heck that axe accounts for no mana cost?

I can only think it's due to resolute techinque and 0 mana cast?

Please someone certify this, I posted the same question 1 or 2 pages ago and nobody gave a damn.
^

"
Qarl wrote:
"
Zotta wrote:
"
halfdead2 wrote:
imo we need a dev clarification on the "melee hits cant fail based on cost" thing.

Or somebody who has some common sense to test it out and clarify how it works, i'd also imagine the person who designed it knows how it works. To me it sounds like if you lack mana for casting a melee skill, it will succeed regardless.

Precicely this, you will still cast skills with it, even if you fail to meet the cost. (It will still use mana if it can)

2-3 pages before you
"
"
Novalisk wrote:

Without any mana nodes or mana items? I call BS.

If if he does, heaven forbid you spec a few points into Mana passives and have 1 or 2 items with Mana on it. These aren't hard to come by items by any means...

I had 40% increased maximum mana +50 max mana, 40% increased mana regen, 7% reduced mana cost on skills, 2% mana leech, and I still had a difficult time keeping up a 5L cleave with 4 aps.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 5, 2013, 12:41:35 PM

If you are having problems with that, then try maintaining this without having many problems.

It's possible, just learn to sacrifice some things to have a more balanced build.
"

If you are having problems with that, then try maintaining this without having many problems.

It's possible, just learn to sacrifice some things to have a more balanced build.

That's the thing, with the axe not only do you not need to sacrifice anything, you also get points to spend.
I understand that, but I also stand it's a LUXURY item, and you do NOT need it to be able to maintain something you want to do.

It's like not needing to go CI with Shavs, it's like not needed Resolute with Lionseye, these are luxury items and you can make due without them until you actually obtain it.
"
I understand that, but I also stand it's a LUXURY item, and you do NOT need it to be able to maintain something you want to do.

It's like not needing to go CI with Shavs, it's like not needed Resolute with Lionseye, these are luxury items and you can make due without them until you actually obtain it.

A "Luxury" unique is just a badly designed unique IMO, especially when it's a luxury for so many builds. That's what rares are for. And yes, it is exactly like Lioneye's. Instead of not needing RT, you don't need blood magic or mana.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 5, 2013, 12:53:25 PM
"
Novalisk wrote:
"

A "Luxury" unique is just a badly designed unique IMO. That's what rares are for. And yes, it is exactly like Lionseye. Instead of not needing RT, you don't need blood magic.

^ wow you just don't get it. Might as well remove all unique items in the game and make the game stale in a week or two.

Items like these add flavor, something to work towards, adds options, nothing wrong with "Luxury" items what so ever and I see nothing wrong with the items added in the game.

I understand you want this item, I understand it's a great item, but you need to understand you shouldn't just have it handed over and make it so easily obtainable for everybody. It's an unique item for a reason, just deal with it and make do in the meantime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info