unique items *no longer updated*

The fuss is you pay one thousand dollars to SUPPORT the game as a whole, balance included, among other things.
Not to create your own ego super duper op shit and ggg closing eyes and letting it go in the game.
I begin to think stronger and stronger that their original way of a unique-free game was the obviously better choice.
Last edited by mobutu on Jul 5, 2013, 11:32:28 AM
"
Sickness wrote:
If I had $1000 to spend on this game I would definitely create an item that is BiS or close to BiS for my favorite build. I don't see what the fuss is about?

Because the axe and belt aren't good for just one build.

The axe is BIS for any phys cleave build, and the belt is BIS for any ES build with weapon elemental damage.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 5, 2013, 11:34:19 AM
"
Wugue wrote:
that axe. my tummy hurts. I'm converting to a 1-hander now.

i had the exact same thought lol :)
"
mobutu wrote:
The fuss is you pay one thousand dollars to SUPPORT the game as a whole, balance included, among other things.
Not to create your own ego super duper op shit and ggg closing eyes and letting it go in the game.
I begin to think stronger and stronger that their original way of a unique-free game was the obviously better choice.

GGG don't close their eyes. I exchanged A LOT of emails with Rory while I was designing my item, and most of those were to do with getting the balance of the item right.
All the unique items this patch are pretty neat and some are stronger than others.

However please tell me why a lot of you think you can all of a sudden use a more DPS 6 Link than you could before because of the no mana cost on the axe?

Are you telling me you guys are using mana Leech or some other gem that is not causing you to do DPS because you are running out of mana too quick because of high mana cost? If so then you should of found a way to solve that through items or builds long before an item like this came out.

You DON'T need this item on your character for it to be good. It's a great item, with great abilities, but pure DPS wise, there is better out there.

Other things like the belt and chest plate enables SO many builds. You guys need to think outside the box, there are a ton of "viable" end game builds, and not just the 4 - 5 builds that most people run these days.

Finally the axe has no draw backs from what I can see, that's great, but by no means is it the "best in slot" axe in the game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with some unique items being stronger than others and that better rolled rares are still better than a lot of unique items in most cases.

Items like these keep the game nice and interesting, and SHOULD be harder to obtain than others. I know a lot of people just feel like they see an awesome item and think it should be easy to obtain because THEY want it, but that just isn't how it works.

Gratz GGG on a nice little patch and gratz on all the Diamond supporter that got their item in game this patch! =)
"
rahven32 wrote:
For one there are already ilvl 100 items. For two common sense says there has to be higher level items eventually. Right now the highest the affixes go is ilvl 77. I highly doubt they expect people to continue to play for 23 more ilevels with no improvements over what we have right now.

Also since the game isn't finished and there will be higher level area's the game technically can not suffer from power creep. Power creep would only apply after the game has been in full release. Power creep usually comes from some kind of expansion. Hard to do that when the fourth act hasn't even been released. Let alone act 3 is unfinished.

Edit: Just looked and affixes can actually go to 79 not 77.

Sorry, meant lvl 100 affixes (without the 'i'). I know there are ilvl 100 items, I own several of racing, it means nothing. It's affixes and base item level what matters (talkign strictly about power creep here). When GGG said there would no more 'resets' after OB it's partially because they re-factored zone levels and item levels. There won't be more wipes so releasing higher level items and affixes would effectively mean power creep, no matter how you want to call it. Something they have stated are strictly against.

New content means that difficulty levels will get diluted amongst all the new zones, eventually there would be no Merciless difficulty for example, just like there is no Ruthless anymore (CB difficulty before Act 3 was released). This also has been said by GGG.

Sure they can change their core design decisions as much as they want, just hoping they stay by what they said and stop compromising and all the MMO'esque bullshit.
Last edited by knac84 on Jul 5, 2013, 11:43:01 AM
"
Novalisk wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:
If I had $1000 to spend on this game I would definitely create an item that is BiS or close to BiS for my favorite build. I don't see what the fuss is about?

The axe is BIS for any phys cleave build, and the belt is BIS for any ES build with weapon elemental damage.

Better than a rare then?

"
iamacyborg wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:

Better than a rare then?

yes since the free suport gem gives you 10k dps atleast

you can still use a insane dps rare axe as a second weapon
Sometimes making an offer is better than asking for a price.
"
mobutu wrote:

dont listen to the voices in your head they are giving you false information my friend , and maybe if everyone pitched in *cough cough* then maybe other people dont have to pay a thousand dollars
"
Novalisk wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:

the belt is insane for any ES build with 8k+ ES pretty much
you just the resists from the ring instead of the belt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info