unique items *no longer updated*

It takes a long time before the unique even makes it past the design phase. You think Rory and Carl have never considered every single aspect of balance when working on diamond uniques?

Its been two months on mine and it hasn't even made it past the first phase. They take balance THAT SERIOUSLY. Shut up you lot and stop picking on the very people who made it possible for you to play for free.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 5, 2013, 10:42:06 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:
It takes a long time before the unique even makes it past the design phase. You think Rory and Carl have never considered every single aspect of balance when working on diamond uniques?

Its been two months on mine and it hasn't even made it past the first phase. They take balance THAT SERIOUSLY. Shut up you lot and stop picking on the very people who made it possible for you to play for free.

Q_Q
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

in 2 months u can make a build around ur unique.
I’d rather die on my feet
Than live my life on my knees

WTB ALT ART DEMIS
"
knac84 wrote:
"
rahven32 wrote:
Cracks me up everyone getting their panties in a bunch and complaining about BiS items and what not. We still have at least another 10 levels of content that hasn't even been released yet. This is beta and I fully expect a lot of these items will fall to the wayside when we start seeing ilvl 100 items. We know for a fact that their will be ilvl 100 items because of the rings they gave out already.

From where did you get that we will get 'ilvl 100' items? GGG design philosophy is AGAINST power creep, this has been stated multiple times, and with OB release (and no league resets) probably was the last time we were to see a big refactor in item levels. The same way act zones will probably never get beyond the current levels. Ilvl 100 white items mean nothing, effectively they just can roll top tier affix, that's it.

I hope GGG has not changed this policy cause it would suck. Already looking too much like 'BiS unique' business which goes against their original design policies (Kaosm, Shevrones, Lioneye's and now this belt is like no brainer), I hope they have the balls to introduce/rebalance some of these too prevalent uniques someday and be done with all the MMO'esque BiS unique shit.

For one there are already ilvl 100 items. For two common sense says there has to be higher level items eventually. Right now the highest the affixes go is ilvl 77. I highly doubt they expect people to continue to play for 23 more ilevels with no improvements over what we have right now.

Also since the game isn't finished and there will be higher level area's the game technically can not suffer from power creep. Power creep would only apply after the game has been in full release. Power creep usually comes from some kind of expansion. Hard to do that when the fourth act hasn't even been released. Let alone act 3 is unfinished.

Edit: Just looked and affixes can actually go to 79 not 77.
Last edited by rahven32 on Jul 5, 2013, 10:48:45 AM
"
rahven32 wrote:
Edit: Just looked and affixes can actually go to 79 not 77.

There are level 79 mobs in 77 maps...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Jeragi wrote:
is this a new Belt?

OP MUCH??
That belt should LOWER energy shield, not increase it.

I think i see what it's trying to do though. It wants to make power charge wanders be able to drop clarity if they get good physical damage, which gives them space for elemental damage auras.
Last edited by Xendran on Jul 5, 2013, 11:06:47 AM
People should look at equivalent level top-tier rares before commenting on whether or not an item is OP. As has been pointed out, top-tier rares do quite a few things this belt doesn't. Using it makes you need to sacrifice other gear slots for things like res.
I'm not getting the Axe very well, someone please clarify this for me:

Consumes mana as accuracy in a way?
-high mana cost = can not miss (or fail as worded)
-0 mana cost = guaranteed miss? (bypass with resolute technique)

Or what the hell is going on? Cause I hear people saying op, hurr, reserve all mana and so forth but the only way that makes sense in my mind is with the 2nd thing I said. 0 cost and RT?
"
Xendran wrote:
That belt should LOWER energy shield, not increase it.

+1
Last edited by Yocairo on Jul 5, 2013, 11:07:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info