unique items *no longer updated*

even if the items are powerful it doesnt mean that it will hurt you in any way , the belt is not BIS , its very good . How hard is it to get ahold of items like this , its not like you can go and buy it for 1 exalt , kaoms costs a shitload , void battery costs a shitload , and the more uniques that get released the harder it will be getting them .

very good uniques makes this game interesting , making some builds easier to make and makes some builds better , in the end its good for build variety.

btw that axe ... my gut that dominating blow build :D no mana cost on a 6linked dominating blow makes me happeh :D, now i can finally use a high aspd dominating blow build =)
Last edited by khemintiri on Jul 5, 2013, 11:08:50 AM
"
iamacyborg wrote:
People should look at equivalent level top-tier rares before commenting on whether or not an item is OP. As has been pointed out, top-tier rares do quite a few things this belt doesn't. Using it makes you need to sacrifice other gear slots for things like res.

I'd use this over any rare belt in 90% of ci builds
No matter what you do, people will always cry :D It's either 'omg vendor trash' or 'omg BiS gg'.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'm not entirely sure what the fuss is here.

First of all, the belt merely makes Dream Fragments a bit less mandatory, as well as being nice for wanders I guess. It's an excellent item, but by no means "OP", and not pay to win in the least from Aux's side since it's not like he paid to have an item only he could acquire -- anyone can get this item in-game. That he designed an item to fit his favourite build is only natural. In any case, the physical/weapon damage parts obviously reduce the usefulness of those mods to a select few builds meaning other builds would be sacrificing resists, armour etc. just to get a decent ES roll and possibly not need Dream Fragments anymore.

Second, the axe is pretty damn broken but melee is in need of a buff anyway at the moment. It's just a pity they chose to buff it by releasing an overly OP unique (no need for blood magic and thus no need for life on hit/life leech either, freeing up to 2 sockets is completely broken) 1hander.
Kuduku giveth and Kuduku taketh away.

IGN: QueenAtziri
Last edited by QueenAtziri on Jul 5, 2013, 11:15:24 AM
The concept of no BiS uniques is kind of a joke. I think people are fine with a unique being BiS for one or two specific builds. But when a unique is BiS or NEARLY BiS for MANY builds the intentions of the design of uniques appears to be compromised. Really powerful uniques like that belt should probably have some kind of a downside.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 5, 2013, 11:16:01 AM
that axe. my tummy hurts. I'm converting to a 1-hander now.
Ageel-85 Max Range AoE Cyclone Duelist // 487665
FrenziedRengar-88 64k dps 911% ias Frenzy Ranger // 472040
Turtle Standard Shop // 556188

BUYING +1 FRENZY CHARGE CORRUPTED STUFF T-T
"
iamstryker wrote:
The concept of no BiS uniques is kind of a joke. I think people are fine with a unique being BiS for one or two specific builds. But when a unique is BiS or NEARLY BiS for MANY builds the intentions of the design of uniques appears to be compromised. Really powerful uniques like that belt should probably have some kind of a downside.

My thoughts exactly.

Other examples of such uniques:

Kaom's Heart
Lioneye's Glare
Thunderfists
Alpha's Howl (Because of mana reserved)
Dream Fragments
Rainbowstride

Add two more to that list.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 5, 2013, 11:29:11 AM
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
That belt was designed by a Diamond Supporter, not by GGG.

Quoted for monumental stupidity.

And related: more and more developer stupidity in designing OP uniques.
what was that "rares are supposed and will be better than uniques"
sad
Last edited by mobutu on Jul 5, 2013, 11:22:46 AM
If I had $1000 to spend on this game I would definitely create an item that is BiS or close to BiS for my favorite build. I don't see what the fuss is about?
"
Xavderion wrote:
No matter what you do, people will always cry :D It's either 'omg vendor trash' or 'omg BiS gg'.

QFT. Someone is going to complain no matter what. It's why complaining is a waste of time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info