[1.3] Alfasheba's CI incinerate build - Atziri viable - Pledge of Hand build

"
"
On a side note I plan to use Curse on hit with LW this would benefit the style of play for incinerate because you want to be a close to your targets as possible for shot gunning.

I like this idea. I assume you'd remove your CwDT curse in this case?

Yes when I get around to it I will swap up the LW to include curse on hit with temp chains, or enfeeble. then have CWDT for flamability to add more chance to burn to take even more advantage of celetial punishment.

Spoiler

Right now I have this ammy but I plan to get one with +1 to curses. This would allow me to get 2 curses on one opponent at the same time with LW. Or one from LW and the other from CWDT, and a few other configurations as well.
Last edited by tafonso on Feb 10, 2015, 11:27:47 PM
"
tafonso wrote:
Right now I have this ammy but I plan to get one with +1 to curses.

Nice. I'd love to get one of those eventually too.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Now for those of you who haven't started using blood rage I recommend you use it. You gain all benefits without any disadvantages. This will boost your dps very nicely especially if you can get a pair corrupted to give +1 to frenzy charges.

Spoiler
"
tafonso wrote:
Now for those of you who haven't started using blood rage I recommend you use it. You gain all benefits without any disadvantages.

Whoa, I've been playing this game since 2013 and thought frenzy charges only affected attack speed! That's embarrassing... So you get +5% cast speed per charge, but the Blood Rage life leech is useless since it only works with attacks.

These new gloves allow me to drop the +30 dex node:

I had to replace Gang's Momentum with Rainbowstride in order to cap resists, but my ES is now at 6.9k, so that's some consolation.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 17, 2015, 1:57:47 PM
Hello, been doing this build so far and it's been going great, lvl 37 right now, got around 10 ex saved up for build and got dream frag already and all the 20% gems. I was wondering tho, what about added chaos damage instead of faster casting? is it better and if not why not, cause at least at the low levels my added chaos no qual beats my 20%qual faster casting in dps, any thoughts on that?
Last edited by Guaynabo on Feb 21, 2015, 2:25:40 PM
"
Guaynabo wrote:
what about added chaos damage instead of faster casting? is it better and if not why not, cause at least at the low levels my added chaos no qual beats my 20%qual faster casting in dps, any thoughts on that?

I'm not exactly sure what's better (I don't have a leveled Added Chaos to test). Faster Casting is great for applying status effects, though.

I wonder how this build compares to a Molten Strike build with Aegis Aurora and Doryani's Catalyst. A tree like this would be pretty similar:

It would be harder to use Arctic Armour, but you wouldn't need the Life Leech gem, and Melee Damage on Full Life always applies. Would reflect be a problem? Would the damage be too low? Would you take Avatar of Fire?
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 24, 2015, 2:26:49 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
tafonso wrote:
Now for those of you who haven't started using blood rage I recommend you use it. You gain all benefits without any disadvantages.

Whoa, I've been playing this game since 2013 and thought frenzy charges only affected attack speed! That's embarrassing... So you get +5% cast speed per charge, but the Blood Rage life leech is useless since it only works with attacks.

These new gloves allow me to drop the +30 dex node:

I had to replace Gang's Momentum with Rainbowstride in order to cap resists, but my ES is now at 6.9k, so that's some consolation.

Damn fine gloves! Almost perfect!
"
Tempada wrote:

Blood rage gives you frenzy charges on kill. So it allows you to get frenzy charges very easily.
"
Guaynabo wrote:
Hello, been doing this build so far and it's been going great, lvl 37 right now, got around 10 ex saved up for build and got dream frag already and all the 20% gems. I was wondering tho, what about added chaos damage instead of faster casting? is it better and if not why not, cause at least at the low levels my added chaos no qual beats my 20%qual faster casting in dps, any thoughts on that?

Excellent question.

Chaos damage points.

- added chaos will do more damage till you get to late game. (my guess around lvl 70)

- added chaos will not allow you to boost your overall fire damage - so if you leech fire then added chaos will reduce your survivability since a portion of your damage is chaos not fire.

- Added chaos is great for dps while lvling

- Because this build is built around the Pledge of Hands added chaos will add damage at 30% effectiveness, its damage is less effective. Pledge essential gives you a 7 link because of the passive lvlv 30 spell echo so you get 79% more speed cast speed so add that with your cast speed and you will notice the damage changes significantly.

- plus how the skill tree is laid out its easier to get damage nodes for one elemental damge type then fire and chaos

- and the build is set up so that the more dps you do faster the faster you heal with leech.

"
Tempada wrote:
"
Guaynabo wrote:
what about added chaos damage instead of faster casting? is it better and if not why not, cause at least at the low levels my added chaos no qual beats my 20%qual faster casting in dps, any thoughts on that?

I'm not exactly sure what's better (I don't have a leveled Added Chaos to test). Faster Casting is great for applying status effects, though.

I wonder how this build compares to a Molten Strike build with Aegis Aurora and Doryani's Catalyst. A tree like this would be pretty similar:

It would be harder to use Arctic Armour, but you wouldn't need the Life Leech gem, and Melee Damage on Full Life always applies. Would reflect be a problem? Would the damage be too low? Would you take Avatar of Fire?

AA is the primary reason reflect is not an issue with the incin build, you can test this easily. and you need leech to counter reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info