[1.3] Alfasheba's CI incinerate build - Atziri viable - Pledge of Hand build

Ok, so I just switched into something similar from my Aegis build, and it is scary at first to give up block chance. Really scary, especially around Devourers. But I think I can get used to it.

Now that I'm making the switch, I want to say that your tree is fantastic. I still plan on taking this route because it eliminates the need for dex on gear except for a Chayula with +16 to all attributes, but it's a minor detail.

Outside of Atziri, maybe you could use a different helm with resists in order to drop Purity of Elements and use Herald of Ice instead. Have you considered putting the auras in your chest? Reduced Mana + Empower + HoT + HoI + Discipline + Clarity would be great in a 6L.

Here's where I'm at:

Spoiler

<< Passive Skill Tree >>

I need to get out of the Shadow area, I just don't have enough Regrets to do it yet. And I need to replace Temporal Chains with Warlord's Mark asap. I got so lucky with that ring on my first try...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 5, 2015, 11:00:43 PM
Just wondering, how viable is this build for leveling and general gameplay until you get the Uniques you need?

Trying to find something to do with my mid-high level Witch, and this could be fun, even though I'll need to scour the world for items for her.

Also, what Bandit rewards were taken? Apologies if that was mentioned and I just missed it.
"
Tempada wrote:
Ok, so I just switched into something similar from my Aegis build, and it is scary at first to give up block chance. Really scary, especially around Devourers. But I think I can get used to it.

Now that I'm making the switch, I want to say that your tree is fantastic. I still plan on taking this route because it eliminates the need for dex on gear except for a Chayula with +x to all attributes, but it's a minor detail.

Outside of Atziri, maybe you could use a different helm with resists in order to drop Purity of Elements and use Herald of Ice instead. Have you considered putting the auras in your chest? Reduced Mana + Empower + HoT + HoI + Discipline + Clarity would be great in a 6L.

Also, I see you take the 3% cast speed nodes over the spell damage nodes at the Witch starting area. Won't you get a little more power from the spell damage nodes? You said 4% cast speed is like 12% damage, so isn't 10% spell damage like ~3.3% cast speed, making spell damage the better damage choice here? Does faster casting work better than higher damage with leech?

Here's where I'm at:

Spoiler

<< Passive Skill Tree >>

I need to get out of the Shadow area, I just don't have enough Regrets to do it yet. And I need to replace Temporal Chains with Warlord's Mark asap. I got so lucky with that ring on my first try...

To answer your question on cast speed vs damage nodes I've tested this many times by adding damage nodes and cast speed nodes and damage per node is far better when putting it into cast speed.

And when you cast faster you can shock and freeze more often which is important because your shock stacks and freezes aren't that long so you need to attack faster to make it worthwhile. And as for leech goes the highest leech will trump a lesser leech so in cases of shocking you get a nice leech bonus since you deal 50% increased damage hence why it is important to cast faster. So not only do you get increases to damage with shocks more often but you also get the bigger leeches.

And the reason I constructed my tree is because you cant get cast speed on gloves or helms. So if I instead put stats on the items I can drop a few stat nodes on the tree to then invest into damage nodes. So this would further increase damage.
"
Zephryl wrote:
Just wondering, how viable is this build for leveling and general gameplay until you get the Uniques you need?

Trying to find something to do with my mid-high level Witch, and this could be fun, even though I'll need to scour the world for items for her.

Also, what Bandit rewards were taken? Apologies if that was mentioned and I just missed it.

The build is viable mid level. You just need to focus on armor and ES, you need to get leech that will boost your survival immensely. Check my Cast when damage taken set up. You can do just fine with the 4 link set up not including warlord's mark. Warlord's Mark is used to get endurance charges to increase your physical mitigation. That is end game.

You can use apep's wand with a sheild to work your way up to a Pledge. Pledge is 5-7 ex and and the chest is 1 ex, dream frag and eye of chayula 2 ex and 10 chaos respectively those items are a must because its very easy to get stunned and frozen with a CI builds so those have to be mitigated so that you cannot be stopped from attacking and hence leeching. Strong urgency on getting a 20q leech gem that makes a huge difference in how fast you heal yourself.

Then when you are getting into the higher level first work on defences then build up your damage.

lvl 50 build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBAcNfA2NEVAV1xzcHRQdTyL0KPoqUyymLL8tHzW5N4NHBkyzVmNXK1fJW6Bca18qX2pilWaeaPJsC20ZdFV8DnxLf8aCm4LHhEiGrox2j0aP-pDWkyeboZ48puunK6dVrJiycLQMtoa3Mb2CwBrBxcNt0NDb59-K6QLquuvk7BjsOO0g99f56PrS_rM=

Then from there go for aura nodes, ES and then damage.

"
tafonso wrote:
To answer your question on cast speed vs damage nodes I've tested this many times by adding damage nodes and cast speed nodes and damage per node is far better when putting it into cast speed.

Yeah, you beat me to my edit. I got enough Regret to test it myself. Cast speed ftw, even at 3%.

"
And the reason I constructed my tree is because you cant get cast speed on gloves or helms. So if I instead put stats on the items I can drop a few stat nodes on the tree to then invest into damage nodes. So this would further increase damage.

I'm going to try for dex on EV/ES gloves in order to drop a +30 dex node. I don't have any room for dex on my ring, and I don't think I can do much better with another ring in terms of resists and ES.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
"
tafonso wrote:

Yeah, you beat me to my edit. I got enough Regret to test it myself. Cast speed ftw, even at 3%.

"

I'm going to try for dex on EV/ES gloves in order to drop a +30 dex node. I don't have any room for dex on my ring, and I don't think I can do much better with another ring in terms of resists and ES.

To optimize my build I will get a pair of vorici armor/es gloves to get the leech rate that is very important to how fast you heal. Then I can drop the leech gem and add in an empower to boost my damage 500 for each level empower adds to incinerate. Then I will corrupt the boots to give a +1 to level gems and at that point I can drop the helm and roll stats and resists. The idea is to get enough stats on the gloves and helm that I can make a ring. The ring is the best way to boost damage. Even though I can drop some stats on the tree. Dropping resists and and stats on the ring leaves me room to roll a ring with the stats that has far more potential to boost my damage.

Get a fire or lightning or cold res ring. Which ever is required to give max resists.

Then I will roll -20% es - + Flat ES - Mana 68 - Cast speed 22% - mana regen (to support cast speed bump) - and fire damage.

I can drop the elemental res aura for Herald of Ice to add 1000 dps, or for tankability one of the purity auras either fire or lightning making you stand up against atziri even better.

Last edited by tafonso on Feb 7, 2015, 7:33:10 PM
"
Zephryl wrote:

Forgot to mention for the bandits. Take the skill points in all difficulties.
I ended up taking Zealot's Oath on the tree, which alleviates any puncture or burning worries in vulnerability or -resist maps. I switched up my gloves so I could drop a +30 dex node then added Gang's Momentum + Doryani's Invitation for dps. My ES is lower than I'd like (6.2k), although I can swap in my other belt if I want to push it above 6.5k. I sometimes play with Immortal Flesh because I like the regen (super fast ES regen and my mana doesn't drain at all with a lvl 23 AA) and extra physical protection, although I wouldn't use it in -resist maps. The build will feel done to me at level 93. If I go beyond that, I'll probably focus on ES nodes. My tooltip dps is 4.8k at level 89 in my 5L Pledge, and that feels pretty good. Clear/movement speed is a little low, but that's a tradeoff I can handle for the "tankiest" build I've ever played.

Gear

If I ever get a 6L Incandescent Heart, it will hold Empower + Reduced Mana + HoI + HoT + Clarity + Discipline. Then one of my 4Ls would have Empower + Enhance + AA + Elemental Weaknes, another would hold Lightning Warp, and another would hold my CwDT setup. I actually don't have any troubles without Warlord's Mark; Temporal Chains works well as my triggered curse, at least while I have Life Leech linked to Incinerate. Immortal Call is unnecessary as well.
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 10, 2015, 10:47:57 AM
"
Tempada wrote:
I ended up taking Zealot's Oath on the tree, which alleviates any puncture or burning worries in vulnerability or -resist maps. I switched up my gloves so I could drop a +30 dex node then added Gang's Momentum + Doryani's Invitation for dps. My ES is lower than I'd like (6.2k), although I can swap in my other belt if I want to push it above 6.5k. I sometimes play with Immortal Flesh because I like the regen (super fast ES regen and my mana doesn't drain at all with a lvl 23 AA) and extra physical protection, although I wouldn't use it in -resist maps. The build will feel done to me at level 93. If I go beyond that, I'll probably focus on ES nodes. My tooltip dps is 4.8k at level 89 in my 5L Pledge, and that feels pretty good. Clear/movement speed is a little low, but that's a tradeoff I can handle for the "tankiest" build I've ever played.

I noticed in your tree the nodes to the top left for auras you take reduced reserves over the 2 6% aura buffs. This would boost your DPS, ES, and Mana regen. If you can't take those nodes due to lack of mana to reserve then I can understand why you didn't chose the buffs over the reduced mana reserve nodes.

"
If I ever get a 6L Incandescent Heart, it will hold Empower + Reduced Mana + HoI + HoT + Clarity + Discipline. Then one of my 4Ls would have Empower + Enhance + AA + Elemental Weaknes, another would hold Lightning Warp, and another would hold my CwDT setup. I actually don't have any troubles without Warlord's Mark; Temporal Chains works well as my triggered curse, at least while I have Life Leech linked to Incinerate. Immortal Call is unnecessary as well.

Although the curse is nice you're better off setting it up on CWDT. Because of the nature of Incin (stand still and cannot cast otherwise stacks are lost) the CWDT would accomplish getting casts off without resetting your stacks and it even casts on ranged monsters. For big bosses it's useful, but really you're so tanky as is that when they hit you and CWDT curses them you leech more cause you deal more damage all done with out breaking up the casting.

I like the idea of using empower for AA since a majority of my movement is used with Lightning Warp.
On a side note I plan to use Curse on hit with LW this would benefit the style of play for incinerate because you want to be a close to your targets as possible for shot gunning. My current set up with CWDT has saved me so many times when going up against the needles of rain for the trio in aziri. I do agree that Warlord's Mark provides irrelevant benefits aside from extra endurance charges to boost Immortal Call's duration, but I really am just lazy to reroll colors on my chest to switch it around. Ideally enfeeble, elemental weakness, or temp chains would benefit nicely or even poacher's mark for flask charges and frezy charges for dps.
"
tafonso wrote:
I noticed in your tree the nodes to the top left for auras you take reduced reserves over the 2 6% aura buffs. This would boost your DPS, ES, and Mana regen. If you can't take those nodes due to lack of mana to reserve then I can understand why you didn't chose the buffs over the reduced mana reserve nodes.

Yep, had to take the nodes in order to use HoT + HoI + Clarity + Discipline and have a bit left over for AA mana drain when moving. The mana drain's not bad at all, I just can't run forever without deactivating AA unless I equip Immortal Flesh or grab more mana/mana regen nodes on the tree.

"
Although the curse is nice you're better off setting it up on CWDT. Because of the nature of Incin (stand still and cannot cast otherwise stacks are lost) the CWDT would accomplish getting casts off without resetting your stacks and it even casts on ranged monsters. For big bosses it's useful, but really you're so tanky as is that when they hit you and CWDT curses them you leech more cause you deal more damage all done with out breaking up the casting.

Good point. I'll try Elemental Weakness instead of Temporal Chains and see how it feels.

"
On a side note I plan to use Curse on hit with LW this would benefit the style of play for incinerate because you want to be a close to your targets as possible for shot gunning.

I like this idea. I assume you'd remove your CwDT curse in this case?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info