[1.3] Alfasheba's CI incinerate build - Atziri viable - Pledge of Hand build

Why run around avoiding attacks when you can take it like a man and melt them in the process

The items

Spoiler

The tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwelDH0NfBB_EVAV1xcvGyUc3B0UHU8ksCTYKPoqUyqNLJwspiy_LR8vbzW5Ntg3g0KjQ2NG10cGSRtJUUmyS65Ms1ZjVytXyVugXGtfKl9qYpVj_WaeaPJtGXC7cU1xhXRVeuZ8DnxLfll_xoCkghCCm4LHhEiFbYaujHaPRo_6kNaTJ5Z0mjuaz5uhnjym66cIpyunVayYsUKycLQMtoa3MbiTvYLAGsHFw23GntDQ1YHVptkT2Vva3dvn34rfsOkC6rrr5Ovu7BjsOOxV7SDtPPDV8WzzEffX-ej60v6z

So this build is so tanky I can literally stand in one spot and take atziri's worst I just pop a flask and she at best gets me down to half life...which I heal almost instantly (even with shock stack).

Right now as it stands I cast 15.1 times a sec dealing 6800 with herald of thunder (lvl 21 non q) on.

I further increase the damage 1st by 15% with burned enemies (from boots) (chance to burn is at 17%, but because is cast so many times a sec I almost burn in an instant if the monsters don't die first), then because HoT gives me a 10% chance to shock I gain another 50% increase to damage then the notable passive Celestial Punishment boosts it again another 25%

Fire Pen ---> 42%
ES ---> 6800 with CI
RES ---- fire 75 ---- cold 75 ---- lightning 76

Due to my armor negating 25% of elemental because I run CI its a little better to the equivalent of having 82% max res (83 for lightning) huge defense against elemental

Leech ---- 11% leech rate being 20% increase

Never get Stunned + Never get Frozen + No mana can be leeched from me (a must if you curse Atziri with warlord's mark, that way she can't leech mana from you) = cannot be stopped to cast incin.

I basically light up indoor maps due to increase in light radius which is actually a nice luxury I rather enjoy alot
(I tried running a low life shavs build and realized I hated not seeing anything in indoor maps)

Also with the shav low life build, I noticed my armor is far worse so physically damage posed issues even at 6k ES, so I reverted back to the CI build because I love tanking anything and mobs and still melt them relatively just as fast as with the low life variation which boosted my dps to 9500 15.1 casts a second.

This build I feel is incredibly tanky, I basically just teleport onto mobs and mow them down with no loss to my ES.

My set with CWDT allows me to survive multiple physical hits and allows me to boost my leech to 16% (currently swapped out for empower which boosts dps significantly and the leech is still good at 2%) when something hits hard and activates Warlord's Mark. Plus I leech a bit of the fire shield damage as well as mitigate again more physical damage. Also I gain endurance charges if I jump into a mob and get a few hits off on me activating Enduring Cry which again mitigates more physical damage if not all if Immortal Call also actives.

(People seem to be concerned greatly about devourers, with this build I have yet to die from teleporting into a mob of them. I simply attack to fast. They either die off or my CWDT procs enough defences to keep me from taking any real dangerous damage.)

I also run AA at lvl 20 with no issues and can cast incin forever and I reach the edge of the screen with my projectiles. If I feel like I can set up my boots or gloves to allow me to swap the aura for max res depending on which boss I go up against. But really not necessary I pop a flask which last me as long as I need before I kill the bosses anyways.

There are areas still left to improve this build

I am now working on getting more appropriate gloves (armor ES) as my elemental damage mitigation is very good with my armor. This would further my ability to tank high phys damage targets.

Once I get a good set of gloves with either dex or strength stats I can then look to add cast speed to a more appropriate ring. The Boots can also be swapped out for more suitable stats. This build can basically do without the boots and the helm. But I would corrupt the boots to give +1 to gems then swap out the helm for a better helm that provides res. That would allow me to drop my all res aura altogether and run HoI boosting my dps to 7400-7500 range and then basically shocking freezing and burning everything. Once I add a bit more mana regen I can support a blood rage cast cap of 15%.
So even though this build is already a very fun and very tanky build there is still alot to be done to increase its dps and its tankability further. I also run with frenzy charges which boost my dps to 8600.

Any feedback and comments is much appreciated.

Last edited by tafonso on Mar 13, 2015, 10:57:51 AM
bump
Incandescent Heart good idea m8 =)
I make arc with block:
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
bump
bump
Elreon ring help you with mana regen
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
I've been working on a CI Incinerate build with Doryani's Catalyst and Aegis Aurora... but I might have to rethink what I'm doing after reading this! I love the idea of saying "screw it" to the right side of the tree and using Faster Projectiles instead of Sniper and Ballistic Mastery. Pledge of Hands makes Arctic Armour possible, Eye of Chayula and Dream Fragments mean no typical CI worries, and you have so much leech that you're spewing rainbows out your eyes.

Here's my gear and the tree I'm planning:

You have much more damage from the tree and from gear (although I won't be so far off once I get a 6L and level my gems).

Anyway, your setup looks nearly ideal. To help with the dex problem and save a point, I would pass through dex nodes on the way to CI and drop Nimblesness for Retribution:

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 26, 2015, 9:52:27 AM
"
v1br0 wrote:
Elreon ring help you with mana regen

it's nice but i need fire cold resists

I plan to get those maxed so that i can run a purity of lighting to boost my max res to 83%

then I can stand in atziri's thunder as welll as flame blasts
"
Tempada wrote:
I've been working on a CI Incinerate build with Doryani's Catalyst and Aegis Aurora... but I might have to rethink what I'm doing after reading this! I love the idea of saying "screw it" to the right side of the tree and using Faster Projectiles instead of Sniper and Ballistic Mastery. Pledge of Hands makes Arctic Armour possible, Eye of Chayula and Dream Fragments mean no typical CI worries, and you have so much leech that you're spewing rainbows out your eyes.

You have much more damage from the tree and from gear (although I won't be so far off once I get a 6L and level my gems).

Anyway, your setup looks nearly ideal. To help with the dex problem and save a point, I would pass through dex nodes on the way to CI and drop Nimblesness for Retribution:

I wish i had the gloves you have. So dam hard to get a good pair.

I am going to run a vorici leech gloves however so that i can drop the leech gem in my six link because after running some tests I don't heal fast enough unless I have 20% leech rate increase. So once I get a pair of those all set up I will be at 7800 dps with a lvl 3 empower. Or if I can get one corrupted a lvl 4 empower getting me up to 8300 dps.

My leech is maxed since I cast so fast (15.1 / sec ) so the ammy and belt give me a total of 30.2% life leech/ sec. Currently I don't know the maximum for leech per second.

And I still have block with this build too. With a little help with rumi's.
"
tafonso wrote:
"
Tempada wrote:

Thanks for the imput, however the 12% cast speed is the equivalent to 36% increased damage, I tested which would improve my damage and for every 4% cast speed I would need to get 12% elemental damage. And as I lvl further I plan to pick up the nodes to improve the effectiveness of my pots which will make them far more effective. Plus as you increase cast speed you would increase the your ability to leech faster as well. My current set up I deal more damage and as I gain more levels I will improve my pots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info