Did you remove /oos or fix desync?

Sigh.
/oos macro was too hand-holdy so we removed it, but did nothing about the desync.

Hardcore players play in desync, deal with it or go back to D3 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

- GGG devs
With respect to the artistic and game-making vision, could it be possible to implement some quick, temporary works to at least mitigate the frustration of desync?

For instance: I am playing a ranger, and setting aside the recently fixed issues of evasion, accuracy and tree (kudos there btw), I am still vexed with having to deal with desync every single pack and every single undying I encounter... I now complete a 6 hour farm of Catacombs, and I have gained precisely 5% xp from numerous desync mainly deaths (and 1-2 my stupidities).
This is quite frustrating, to the point it pushes me to stop playing, and I don't want that cause I recognize the immense work this game has into it, both programming wise and lore-wise (kudos there btw, I am a major RPG nut, and hard to impress, but was impressed)... so what I am trying to say is wouldn't it be possible to at least reduce the XP penalty while the desync issue exists? cause as it stands (15%), every de-sync death is about 30min+ of my life, and there are so many that it accumulates to a considerable amount of time sacrificed playing what I love, but whilst frustrated at that one detail...
~Ishtar_The_Assyrian
Last edited by AsylumExile on Jul 20, 2013, 4:16:28 AM
"
AsylumExile wrote:
With respect to the artistic and game-making vision, could it be possible to implement some quick, temporary works to at least mitigate the frustration of desync?

For instance: I am playing a ranger, and setting aside the recently fixed issues of evasion, accuracy and tree (kudos there btw), I am still vexed with having to deal with desync every single pack and every single undying I encounter... I now complete a 6 hour farm of Catacombs, and I have gained precisely 5% xp from numerous desync mainly deaths (and 1-2 my stupidities).
This is quite frustrating, to the point it pushes me to stop playing, and I don't want that cause I recognize the immense work this game has into it, both programming wise and lore-wise (kudos there btw, I am a major RPG nut, and hard to impress, but was impressed)... so what I am trying to say is wouldn't it be possible to at least reduce the XP penalty while the desync issue exists? cause as it stands (15%), every de-sync death is about 30min+ of my life, and there are so many that it accumulates to a considerable amount of time sacrificed playing what I love, but whilst frustrated at that one detail...

What does this have to do with the topic that you necro'd for no reason, aside from the general topic of desync? There are a billion other desync threads you could have necro'd.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Last edited by Duskbane on Jul 20, 2013, 7:03:23 AM
Apologies for the necro'd (whatever it means), I am not a forum person nor know my way around them; I found this thread by googling "Path of Exile Desync Issues". I do not know what the appropriate thread is, as the forums appear a bit too labyrinthine for me.

Regards, and apologies again.
~Ishtar_The_Assyrian
"
AsylumExile wrote:
Apologies for the necro'd (whatever it means), I am not a forum person nor know my way around them; I found this thread by googling "Path of Exile Desync Issues". I do not know what the appropriate thread is, as the forums appear a bit too labyrinthine for me.

Hey there,

No need to apologize, everyone loves a good necro'd thread ;)

This thread isn't really relevant for information about de-sync or anything though; I'd recommend checking out this thread here instead:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/318115
"
AsylumExile wrote:

I think that technically, this doesn't count as a necro, seeing as desync is the number 1 players issues in this game, and for those affected by it, it is steadily getting worse with each patch. So the issue is still quite a discussed topic, making your post, simply a post on the topic.

I play with a logitech G13,and /oos is macroed under my thumb. I literally cannot play without it, though, I barely play anymore.
Last edited by Powertrip on Jul 20, 2013, 9:43:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info