[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Jouchebag wrote:
I have a 5 link death's opus and 5 link lioneye's vision, with a drillneck.

Probably time to graduate from the Opus.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Hi, I already played archer although I never tried Drillneck and when it is so cheap I want to give it a go.

So here are my concerns, if you could please help me:
1) It is ideal for Tornado Shot (TS), no doubt and I love that skill's clear speed. But what of single target attacks? I was using Blast Rain last time I was playing archer, but that does not scale with Drillneck. What would you use for encounter like Atziri, where you cannot afford accidentaly hitting her copy with reflect?

2) What ascendancy claases/points do you take? Is deadeye still me best bet? If so then I presume you take the additional arrow node? What are your thoughts on this?

3) Last but not least, what skill gems do you choose to support TS with Drillneck? And even most importantnly, how do you swap out those gems to, say, mitigate reflection? (e.g. make it more/less elemental based)

Thanks a lot for your inputs!
"
Siliarus wrote:
Hi, I already played archer although I never tried Drillneck and when it is so cheap I want to give it a go.

1) It is ideal for Tornado Shot (TS), no doubt and I love that skill's clear speed. But what of single target attacks? I was using Blast Rain last time I was playing archer, but that does not scale with Drillneck. What would you use for encounter like Atziri, where you cannot afford accidentaly hitting her copy with reflect?

2) What ascendancy claases/points do you take? Is deadeye still me best bet? If so then I presume you take the additional arrow node? What are your thoughts on this?

3) Last but not least, what skill gems do you choose to support TS with Drillneck? And even most importantnly, how do you swap out those gems to, say, mitigate reflection? (e.g. make it more/less elemental based)

Drillneck changes just about nothing in the build except that you use a pierce gem, which you should be anyways. It's just a generic unique that gives you a boat load of increased damage, and unless you're playing some sort of poison/bleed build, you're probably better off getting a good rare for the crit chance and multi, not to mention all the other sweet mods you can get.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
Siliarus wrote:

Drillneck changes just about nothing in the build except that you use a pierce gem, which you should be anyways. It's just a generic unique that gives you a boat load of increased damage, and unless you're playing some sort of poison/bleed build, you're probably better off getting a good rare for the crit chance and multi, not to mention all the other sweet mods you can get.

Well, that answers approximately ... 0 of my questions.
I know the playstyle without drillneck, been there, seen it. I want to try it with it and I can see there are changes needed for that. I am just unsure which. As for pierce gem, that is like .. "oh, really?". But that does not help with single target skill choice.
"
Siliarus wrote:

This has been discussed a lot. There are a few very good possibilities for single targets such as Frenzy, Burning Arrow, Puncture Trap, ...

"
Siliarus wrote:

That's a matter of taste, though I play Deadeye and am very happy with that.
I'll be going for the Chain node for (hopefully) more clearspeed.
--> check the first post.
[/quote]

"
Siliarus wrote:

Pierce (best with 20q) is definitely BiS for clearing. For Reflection you could swap some things out for PTL - WED.

I'll be running TS - GMP - FA - PPAD - Pierce - Added Fire Damage

and in case of reflect you can swap out PPAD and/or Pierce for PTL and WED.
It's hard to cast a spell with a blade in your throat, eh Witch?
You dont quite get what I'm saying. What I said was that Drillneck doesn't change the playstyle at all.

For single target just use puncture, with trap or otherwise. Even blast rain is still good, since not having the Drillneck bonus is not that much of a drawback. Ofc nothing beats last frost wall.

There is no best ascendency class. Use what you like best. Deadeye is straightforward damage. Raider is best for fast clearing. Pathfinder gives shitloads of utility and everything, but requires good flasks. Assassin gives huge crit and dot bonuses. Use what fits with your own playstyle.

Best links for ts would be ts + ppad + pierce + gmp + crit damage + whatever you want. Poison is a pretty good choice there. For ele reflect maps just turn hatred off. Use grace. For phys reflect maps use la and p2l.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Jun 14, 2016, 4:31:01 AM
Has anyone taken a look at the Signal Fire? 35% (max) more physical damage as fire damage + 50% conversion to fire damage with physical to lightning and elemental weapon damage gems seems darn good, especially if you are willing to go through a bunch of them to get a +1 arrow corruption like I did.

Elemental Reflect is a bit of a problem but not unmanageable by subbing out WED and PTL for LL and ICD, and/or running Grace / Arctic Armor.

I haven't done a detailed comparison vs drillneck, but it feels strong, up to T11 maps so far.
Well, I've been having fun with this build. I'm currently doing T5 maps and such.

I want to ask, what next? Here's what I'm wearing.

Spoiler

What should I acquire next? I was thinking to just continue mapping until I can do the endgame lab.

To be honest, I feel quite squishy at 3.4k life. I'm gonna get myself a CWDT+IC setup.

What should be my next step? I have like, an exalt, so not exactly rich by any means
Hi

I'm new to bows, have many questions, but for now i'm interesting your opinion
about what is the best lab enchant for LA?

Saw few here with additional enemies, but if we have Council now, is this so important?
It multiplies your damage by so much. I wouldn't want any other enchant tbh.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info