1.1.2 Patch Notes

Thank you Chris, I am really happy with the patch but some of the points I am not (even if they don't affect my directly).

"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.1.2:
Content and Features:
  • Introduced two new Invasion Bosses into the pool of Invasion Bosses.

Don't think we need more of them, so if you plan on introducing more, rather make more nemesis mods :D since now we have the map mod for that.

"
Chris wrote:

Balance:

Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.
Undying Evangelists now appear less frequently within their packs.
Undying Evangelists' Proximity Shields have a shorter duration, and they use it less often.

The smoke mine thing was amazing why did you have to change that? Finally summoners had a way to control the bad AI for their monsters...

And if you nerf Evangelists please what other specters should Summoners now use? Since the fire ones have also been nerfed, there are just not that many good specters anymore...

"
Chris wrote:

The "of Fracturing" map mod now gives 30% additional quantity and has been made rarer.

Please add a +EXP bonus to maps. This would also be nice instead of quantity.

Thanks for listening!

"
nice patch 1 thing i dislike though is "Added a new Map Mod - Antagonist's: Rare Monsters each have a Nemesis mod." rly dislike this for mapping.

What I love this new mod, was even going to suggest it. Nemesis was awesome (but storm heralds suck lol. please redesign this one.)
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
So... I don't see the fix to summoner snapshotting in this patch?
Smite them Chris.

that patch will come when summoners(like any other build) can get over 100k dps with ease and can scale off of your gear not just piece of shit crap uniques with marginally small damage boosts or a wand that reserves 30% of your life. snapshotting is also not as big of a benefit as you think it is and is also a huge pain.

I just dont understand though process behind the smoke mine change. gg trying to do any cave maps lawl.
Very nice patch.

I hope invasion bosses will still be scary. That's what felt really hardcore about that league! :-)
IGN: Caydranth
Chris, the evangelist nerf is understandable, but the smoke mine nerf is completely unreasonable. There is no reason you should take away utility/easy of life from a build. Smoke mine is what made summoners playable imo. Being able to save your spectres and minions is HUGE. Playing a summoner is going to be a huge headache.

When I read patch notes these days, more often than not it seems as though GGG doesn't actually play their own game. At least not in the sense that it's meant to be played "hardcore". This is extremely evident in your balancing and nerfing. Nerfs often kill builds, this shouldn't be the case. And balancing seems to be quick, dirty, and over/under tuned.

On a side note, I don't even like playing summoners. But the smoke mine ability made the build, once snap shoting is gone the build will be all but dead.

I'll show you a gleaming example of this. Clearly whoever is making unique items does not understand the full potential of certain builds. Windripper is by far the best elemental bow in the game, infact the DPS one can achieve is similar if not surpassing that of a PERFECT mirrored bow. On top of that it has added rarity and quantity stats. How exactly does this slip past those designing uniques? they clearly don't understand elemental builds very well. The second I saw that bow, I knew ppl would be running around with 30k+ potential split arrow.

I do enjoy items that inspire builds, build design is the only reason I play the game. But if your intentions is to keep uniques on a lower tier than rares, you really fucked up with that bow. And it was glaringly obvious. Not to mention split arrow and bow builds have the most efficient and quickest clear speed in the game, by a decent margin.

Meanwhile you continue nerfing builds based around whatever the flavor of the month is. Take a different approach, this method kills player retention. If you make a league that pigeon holes people, you should expect to see one build rise to the top. Experiment with one week races, nerf between leagues, and make sure you REALLY understand the psychology of hardcore, before you add a bunch of one shot boss's and kill your league.
ign: DaEDaenarys
Last edited by BldSwtTrs on Apr 7, 2014, 2:05:17 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
i ABSOLUTELY HATE the smoke mine change!

that was the only use of it - to unstuck stupid zombies that cant navigate narrow maps! WHY HAVE YOU DONE THAT? was that OP? that was the greatest (and afaik only) use of this gem!

good buffs for some underdogs (cast on crit builds are very happy about spell buffs that is)

now please, these need some love too:

sweep
whirling blades
glacial hammer (non-pvp)

since they like to nurf builds.
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
I understand why smoke mine was nerfed for summoners, but the problem is minion AI is already stupid as shit...smoke mine wasnt a luxury but a necessity to summoner in indoor maps. oh well

otherwise, looks great. arc buff is nice, and flesh offering nerf was coming

arctic breath now sounds like a damn solid skill. however if chimeras got the new version as well...oh boy
Nuuuuuuuu RIP Evangelists
"
mayainverse wrote:
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
So... I don't see the fix to summoner snapshotting in this patch?
Smite them Chris.

that patch will come when summoners(like any other build) can get over 100k dps with ease and can scale off of your gear not just piece of shit crap uniques with marginally small damage boosts or a wand that reserves 30% of your life. snapshotting is also not as big of a benefit as you think it is and is also a huge pain.

I just dont understand though process behind the smoke mine change. gg trying to do any cave maps lawl.

A summoners minions is what makes a summoner. There is no rares for a summoner that can control the defense or offense of their minions, its all based on aura's, curses, gems and uniques. Summoners has a bland itemization issue and its apparent more so when you see how a summoner progresses with the gear they can get and use.

You are wondering why summoners become so strong so fast? Once you get 1-2 cheap uniques a summoner can go from 67 maps to 75 maps without issue. To others, this makes it look like summoners are over powered. In reality, the progression of a summoner is so different then any other class, no one understands the basic issues confronting a summoner. Itemization.

We are also victim to our minions. I like to think of summoners as a class where our strength increases with out knowledge of our minions (aka knowing what minions to use.) In reality, this is seen as summoners (once again) being seen as OP.

The game is not straight forward for summoners. Some people use guides and quickly gain strength, most take times to learn the game... and get to a point where they know what minions to use and not to use through experience.

Its annoying to think that summoners can become so overpowered do to a common issue: game progression based on ingame discoveries. Thinking this way is a flaw, yet we are victim to it by continual harassment. If summoner minions were to scale off an item (Aegis shield would of been fine if it didnt make the summoner suicidal) that didnt have negative effects to use it.
IGN JimansNotSummoner
Im sorry but I just do not see the reasoning behind the smoke mine change. The minions tend to get stuck in tight corridors especially the larger the spectres. Undying evangelist might have been overpowered and I don't mind the nerf to them but the smoke mine change is a huge mistake and will make the gameplay of summoners much more tedious and less enjoyable. Snapshotting minions is already a pain the ass to do and now I have much less control over them. Sorry to say this but if there is no skill that you will provide to replace the functionality of smoke mine I will probably take a break from this game.
so maybe can you change it so Dominated mobs != minions? because without Smoke Mine Dominating Blow throngs of mobs are unmanageable..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info