Vaal Glacial Hammer Teaser Screenshot and Recent Hotfix Patch Notes

DEMACIAAAA!
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Will Ball Lightning be returning in this patch plox?

I would pay for a Piety scream microtransaction.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
People in Invasion are absolutely NOT getting close.

Most likely no one will ever kill Atziri in invasion.
Speaking as (apparently one of the few) poor players on the forums, I love my Vaal Fireball : D

We dont have 6L or even 5L armor, and my Vaal gem does not take some slot away from some crazy multi-linked skill.

I'm planing to try other gems yet totally agree that the overall soul count needs to be reduced or changed.
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Mar 11, 2014, 12:39:50 PM
However
does seem to totally suck.
Also who would use Vaal Rain of Arrows when Vaal Burning Arrow soul count is sooo much lower.
Finally Vaal Cold Snap and Vaal Ice Nova seems redundant.

my 2c
SSF since ~OB
"
stonespeak wrote:
However
does seem to totally suck.
Also who would use Vaal Rain of Arrows when Vaal Burning Arrow soul count is sooo much lower.

my 2c

Vaal Cold-Snap and Frostnova are the only Vaalgems I use. They are really good for opening strongboxes. I just put down a trap with coldsnap and can open the box safe.

All other Vaalgems are underpowered due to their mechanics, in my opinion.
"
Creest wrote:
"
stonespeak wrote:

my 2c

Vaal Cold-Snap and Frostnova are the only Vaalgems I use. They are really good for opening strongboxes. I just put down a trap with coldsnap and can open the box safe.

All other Vaalgems are underpowered due to their mechanics, in my opinion.

Good to hear people getting use out of them, I need to try those 2 more but...

My question wasn't are they good/bad rather, doesn't the 2 skills seem to do almost the exact same thing? Yet Vaal Cold Snap is better than Vaal Ice Nova at freezing/slowing packs? I've tested them both a bit, but just seem Vaal Ice Nova is outclassed!?
SSF since ~OB
More Vaal Gems nobody will use, great.
I have to disagree with those that think vaal gems are useless. Currently i use 2 vaal gems, vaal spark and vaal arc. Now spark is much better then arc but the high soul count makes it so i can use it only once on most areas or sometimes twice and I do have it linked to support gems, which other people seem unwilling to do, but its just amazing. I use it mostly to clear rare strongboxes and bosses, and it performs well above any expectations i had. All enemies except for the big bosses(vaal soul, piety, dom dom) die from it(i play solo btw) and even those are taken down to miniscule life. I'm more then willing to give up a four-link towards a full-house in that back of my sleeve, because thats what vaal spark is.

Now vaal arc is much weaker, and doesnt stack well with many supports so I leave it as a single gem. Its power is much less then spark but it charges faster and I can use it multiple times per area. So I use it... and continue using other spells while its going off. It chains around a lot and while it may not take out more then a dozen or two monsters depending on type, it significantly adds to my DPS against them and can help get me out of a tricky situation... or just speed up my TTK. I think this is a skill that would be fine to have on an unset ring. If possible I would like to get the unique unset, and then vaal arc would truly be a force to be reckoned with.

I think the idea of allowing vaal gems to cast as regular gems is bad. By doing so GGG would take out all player choice in the matter. No longer would you have to consider whether to take an extra regular skill or a badass charge up one, you'll have it all. This would completely invalidate all other basic gems. Why would you ever use a regular gem in that case? All the l20 skill gems would be RIP overnight. Even rolling level over 20 on a regular skill gem by corrupting it would be hard to compete with having a lvl 20 version that turn into a room clearer.

While I think vaal gems(at least the ones i used) are fine I do think it makes sense for the number of souls to be lowered for the base gem(for some of them anyway), but then multiply the soul cost by the mana multiplier on support gems. After all right now the only drawback to linking supports to a vaal gem is that it takes up slots. For some builds that focus on pretty much solely one or two skills(like my spectra throw scion), i could very easily have several vaal skills with support gems with no drawback.

just my 2 chaos...
Last edited by AvatarofWhat on Mar 11, 2014, 2:32:41 PM
"
Felix35071 wrote:
My vote for ideal Vaal gems is this:

1. Vaal gems act as their conventional counterparts when not charged. No need to waste an extra slot. This would make it so there's no real downside to using Vaal gems.

This would be a vast improvement, and the only way I could concievably use a vaal gem in normal gameplay (other than for occasional lulz)
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info