Vaal Glacial Hammer Teaser Screenshot and Recent Hotfix Patch Notes

"
demivion wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
My vote for ideal Vaal gems is this:

1. Vaal gems act as their conventional counterparts when not charged. No need to waste an extra slot. This would make it so there's no real downside to using Vaal gems.

This would be a vast improvement, and the only way I could concievably use a vaal gem in normal gameplay (other than for occasional lulz)

excellent idea!

probably doing it in such a way that you will have to press an extra key to activate the vaal corrupted portion of the skill and use up the souls. e.g. 'E' button for regular cyclone skill and 'E' and 'Shift' buttons to activate the vaal portion.

i believe that will make it a lot more viable specially for builds with limited sockets. much more viable if GGG will further reduce the soul requirement.
Vaal Gems are simply not powerful enough and not used frequently enough to justify a gem slot/action bar slot.
"
patataz wrote:
"
demivion wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
My vote for ideal Vaal gems is this:

1. Vaal gems act as their conventional counterparts when not charged. No need to waste an extra slot. This would make it so there's no real downside to using Vaal gems.

This would be a vast improvement, and the only way I could concievably use a vaal gem in normal gameplay (other than for occasional lulz)

excellent idea!

probably doing it in such a way that you will have to press an extra key to activate the vaal corrupted portion of the skill and use up the souls. e.g. 'E' button for regular cyclone skill and 'E' and 'Shift' buttons to activate the vaal portion.

i believe that will make it a lot more viable specially for builds with limited sockets. much more viable if GGG will further reduce the soul requirement.

That's exactly what I thought it would be like when I first learned the vaal gems would require charging. I may keep one in an unset ring I guess, but just for the ocasional lol as they're not something we can rely on.
I too have been feeling like I simply don't want to use the Vaal Skill Gems I've found :( I think it's a great idea to have them fixed so that they are usable just like their normal gem counterparts, but have sort of an "overcharge" ability when used on full souls (might not even need/want to have to press an extra key). This was actually my impression the moment I saw one in action lol.

There is one exception: the first Vaal gem I found was Molten Shell, and while I still think they need reworks anyway, Vaal Molten Shell I am actually quite happy with. The main reason for this is that the armor bonus persists for the full 10 seconds, regardless of how much damage you take (unlike the regular of course). I feel that if GGG doesn't want to remake Vaal Skill Gems in general, they should at least add more that have more useful effects, like the Molten Shell. Unlike say, Vaal Double Strike, I feel that others with more prolonged effects, especially defensive ones, would be the best. I'm just not a fan of 1-use attacks, no matter how powerful.

Not tryna bash though, go GGG :)
Still waiting for a Vaal skill for summoners. I would assume one for Flesh or Bone offering.

Either way, I do think that the Vaal Gems need to be adjusted somehow. Right now I see not reason to ever use these gimicky gems. They take too much time to charge up. I understand that the Socketed rings can fix this issue, but in all honestly a lot of people would rather have the explicit on normal rings vs these.
IGN JimansNotSummoner
Last edited by Jiman on Mar 11, 2014, 8:21:14 PM
Dear GGG,
I suggest a Vaal Summon Raging Spirits that will allow you to summon at least 10 or maybe 50 spirits at one time.. PLEASE T_T
-NinZo-
Last edited by ninzo1992 on Mar 11, 2014, 9:31:00 PM
"
ninzo1992 wrote:
Dear GGG,
I suggest a Vaal Summon Raging Spirits that will allow you to summon at least 10 or maybe 50 spirits at one time.. PLEASE T_T

Vaal Summon Raging Spirit: Summon Cacodemon
I have to agree that Vaal gems seem to take way too long to charge up. I've gotten some limited use out of Vaal Detonate Dead and Vaal Ground Slam, but have generally found the results underwhelming relative to the time/soul cost. Seems that about the time the Vaal charges are ready to go, either (a) everything is pretty much dead and there's nothing left worth using it on, (b) I've found the exit and I'm ready to move on to the next zone, and/or (c) the enemies are coming hot and heavy and I'm too busy working the crowd to go triflin' with some underpowered gimmicky skill.

Having said that, I'm keen to give the Trap -> Vaal Cold Snap trick a try... ;)
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
NoiTaTuM wrote:
"
ninzo1992 wrote:
Dear GGG,

Vaal Summon Raging Spirit: Summon Cacodemon

THIS. I would never use anything else.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
this post seems to show that every one is a noob when it come to the use of vaal gems. its so sad to see ppl wanting to change there idea so soon simply because they dont work the way ppl assumed.

i for one like they way they work but seems every one just wants a op version of there skill they can spam

i think ppl need to stop looking for buffs when new content comes out.

got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
Last edited by koez on Mar 12, 2014, 12:09:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info