Vaal Glacial Hammer Teaser Screenshot and Recent Hotfix Patch Notes

YEEEEES. I suggested Vaal Glacial Hammer.
Chris no one going to kill her in Ambush and Invasion the people that did kill her had the top gear in the game and most of them die couple of time before killing her.

she way to over power and so are the bosses before her. with the Nerf to life and lack of chaos resist in skill tree and the big one life leech which was working good now is crap.

and where the unique item to not bleed we got frozen stun ignite shock ????
Last edited by ePuff on Mar 11, 2014, 11:55:59 AM
the vaal gems look really cool but im still trying to figure out exactly how im going to use them. im basically having to rewire my brain to keep up with charging a skill, which is something i'm not accustomed to in almost 2 years of playing this game(this may not be difficult for some, but i'm mildly retarded). based on reading other forum posts and watching videos it seems most of the vaal gems require either gimping your charcter in other areas or pretty expensive gear to be effective. which is fine if that's the intent. i'm sure as development continues incorporating vaal gems into builds will be more streamlined as different adjustments are made. also "corrupting" gear can give it properties not possible before which allows players to make adjustments for any shortcomings due to linking vaal gems or using gear that supports them. now im gonna go play my invasion duelist and try not to die.
Last edited by ander357 on Mar 11, 2014, 8:21:47 AM
It looks like the birth child of frost wall and a nova skill. what does it rise and fall moving out from his position? or does it just create an arena to fight in? lol looks interesting :P
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
saintshield07 wrote:
vaal should be activated by the number of times you use your skills not on how many things you killed specially they are not usable on bosses since there is not enough weak mobs.

+1

To add, when equipting a Vaal gem, you should have 2 icons to choose from. 1 is the special ability with charges and the other is the standard attack. This way you dont have to have the same gem twice.
Is there no way to deal with desync problem? I would suggest that some of the skill animations or skill behaviours be changed so that it has less burden on the network and server. It seems discharge and summoners are worst affected.

Great mini expansion, by the way :)
Great miniexpansion, especially the chests in ambush is a really cool feature :=)

Vaal gems arent thou imo. In a fast paced game, the idea behind having to wait to use a skill every now and then is not very good one. I dont bother all the hazzle to be able to use a skill on some random pack every 1-2 minutes.
Wow! finally we might get some use out of this underrated skill :D
"
rdx1312 wrote:
Is there no way to deal with desync problem? I would suggest that some of the skill animations or skill behaviours be changed so that it has less burden on the network and server. It seems discharge and summoners are worst affected.

there are plenty of articles here which explain the reasons for desync, you may have more or less of a certain input->reaction latency depending on your connection speed but for desync, basically it's reason is the imperfectness of the client movement prediction algorithms cause all actions are initiated by the client but the outcome is handled exclusively by the server.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Vashwix wrote:
"
andrehbg wrote:
Dont get me wrong, i am huge path of exile fan, i really enjoy many of the game aspects, but this new vaal gems really does not fit 95% of builds

This new gems are really cool. But, sadly, totally useless.
And you know, we don't have usually a spare 5L armor to reserve for a skill usable one or two times in a map.

you playing the game long enough to know that ggg loves to put you before a choice. there you have another one :) you can't have it all.

and as i wrote before they even added more sockets for you already in the sotv release, just search for "unset rings".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info