[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

Playing hardcore for the first time, chose to run with this particular build. Doing great so far, thanks a lot mate you saved me a lot of nerves.

Tell me what is your opinion on MoM+IR build? On paper it looks like for just three nodes you get a heavy armor boost and now can optimize your itembuild around both armor+es and evasion+es items. Not sure how it will work in the field.

Looks like hardcore is all about balancing hp\resilience and damage output. You can not go ham in here like in Standard League because the first time you hug a cold floor is also your last time; on the other hand you can not become a pacifist, not in this game. If you can not kill most creeps before they reach you, all the armor in the world will not save you from an angry mob.

This hardcore business is hard <_<
Last edited by Teplokot on May 15, 2014, 5:02:00 AM
I just got my very first Exhalt currency dropped a few nights ago. Any suggestion on which item to purchase/upgrade first? My current gear is listed, please note that the ring was loan to me from a friend and the Cloak I recently purchased with the help of the same friend. The rest of the gear was whatever I found and equipped. Thanks.

Hey quick question what you think about Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe for 3rd totem ? I just started using it and I consider using Atziris Mirror with it. Tell me what you think. ^.^
Hey man, just wanted to say thank you for the guide, really nice and easy, helped a lot during the gear changes I did.

I'm using it for the charity race and it's being really fun to play with, gonna try it on merciless tonight :)
"
Mayerling wrote:
"
GoranH wrote:
"
captainhector wrote:
why take the 3 spell damage nodes above witch, isn't totems only elemental and fire damage?

Spelldmg/cast speed/totem dmg/fire dmg/elemental dmg. All those affect. :)

Similar to this, I was wondering why you picked up the Lord of the Dead keystone above witch start. I thought totems didn't benefit from any minion buffs?

Just a close way to get witch life/mana nodes. Another good way would be via flask effect nodes.

"
Playing hardcore for the first time, chose to run with this particular build. Doing great so far, thanks a lot mate you saved me a lot of nerves.

Tell me what is your opinion on MoM+IR build? On paper it looks like for just three nodes you get a heavy armor boost and now can optimize your itembuild around both armor+es and evasion+es items. Not sure how it will work in the field.

Looks like hardcore is all about balancing hp\resilience and damage output. You can not go ham in here like in Standard League because the first time you hug a cold floor is also your last time; on the other hand you can not become a pacifist, not in this game. If you can not kill most creeps before they reach you, all the armor in the world will not save you from an angry mob.

This hardcore business is hard <_<

IR+MoM is a decent combo... evasion is good, but unless heavily investing into it, or on low levels... armor for most people is more reliable. I'd also suggest Cloak of Defiance if you can get your hands on it.

And on the hardcore... yeah, you pretty much got the point I was trying to get across. Also hardcore business is also very fun... being that I'm without net atm, trying to play other ARPG's like Torchlight 2 and Titans Quest, not even close. :( heh

"
Sagara2001 wrote:
I just got my very first Exhalt currency dropped a few nights ago. Any suggestion on which item to purchase/upgrade first? My current gear is listed, please note that the ring was loan to me from a friend and the Cloak I recently purchased with the help of the same friend. The rest of the gear was whatever I found and equipped. Thanks.

Belt, gloves, boots, helm... wand.

You should look for res on gear, 70-80+ life... on wand high spell dmg, cast speed/proj speed... even mana regen is good there. Pretty much most stuff there apart from cloak.. coral ring and shield are ok-ish. Ex is I believe about 30chaos? Anyhow go on poexyz, and check main page for advanced gearing, and also try getting ar/es if you can... so most of those pieces try to get ones that are in 3-5 chaos range, it should improve your character massively... as that gear is pretty bad right now. :) luckily build works even with that, and that unique ring isn't that much, 50% regen rings with life (and res) would be better.

"
Harcuff22 wrote:
Hey quick question what you think about Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe for 3rd totem ? I just started using it and I consider using Atziris Mirror with it. Tell me what you think. ^.^

It's very bad imo, unless you're doing a spell totem build... or in softcore, of in hardcore with knowledge and 5 warding flasks... atziri mirror is useless for that. Extra totem is extra dmg, but till you drop your third totem most mobs are dead, and if it's a tough mob... it'll kill your totems fast regardless, and you'll just end-up with crapton of curses... personally heavily against it, for that bit of dmg, which isn't much.

"
Renztein wrote:
Hey man, just wanted to say thank you for the guide, really nice and easy, helped a lot during the gear changes I did.

I'm using it for the charity race and it's being really fun to play with, gonna try it on merciless tonight :)

Important thing to remember, keep having fun!
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Just dropping by to express my gratitude for this guide :D I have finished merciless yesterday and have started mapping today. The only problem I was having is that I wasn't able to run 3 aura at the same time so i invested some points in reduced mana reserved near the templar starting point. All in all an awesome guide, first time playing in HC(2week race) and I have made it to maps without any serious problems.
Loving this build. And the guide is extremely thorough and concise. Thank you!

So I rip'd twice...once at 42 to Vaal Detonate Dead while ledge farming... <---user error
And again at 63 farming merc felshrine, I was still using flameblast (bad idea, i now realize) and I set off a full stack over an emerging reflect pack...
Both times my gear was mostly self found but quite decent, lots of life, res...etc. It was all because i was careless. Oh well, first time HC(2wk) and only 2 deaths to get me to play right? not so bad.

So re-roll once more. Currently at 65. I dropped FB as soon as I hit merc and switched from LMP to GMP. Anyway, here is my gear:

Passive Tree:
My stats are: 2781 life, 722mana after clarity/discipline. 120/s
Resists are capped at 75(99, 76, 84)
Flame Totem Tooltip is 867.
Hi there, GoranH. To cut a long story short, there's my tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWxRNGYUaOBpsHwIkqij6KU8qEyycLKctHzbFNulEq0WdRtdJG0rEVa5VxlnzWitdxmBtbRlyqXhpeqqCHoKbgseDOIdli4yPRo-mkFWa4JwtnYCdrqIAo_KnCKeErKqvt7UEuJPAGsHzz2XQ0Ngk2t3bC93z4XPjauQi6hjr7uw47SDwH_au9zL46_no
My equipment is:

I have about 2800 life and 947 mana after clarity/discipline. How can I increase the survivability of the character? Enemies take me down in 4-5 hits cause I have about 1100 AA and 700 ER. I tried to use AA, but it grants only 74 dmg absorbation that isn't enough. And I have a question about the tree. My current endgame build looks like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFWxDMFCAUTRRxGJEZhRo4Gj4abB8CJKonLyj6KS4pTyoTK7YsnCynLR82xTbpPfxBh0SrRZ1G10kbSsRQR1WuVcZYY1nzWitdxl8_YG1qHm0Zcql4aXqqeyB8uIIegpuCx4M4h2WLjIxGjM-PRo-mkFWa4JwtnYCdrp7NogCj8qSspwinMKeEp5SoGKyqr7e1BLc-uJO8n8AawQTB88MTxq7G2M9l0NDR_dIh2CTa3dsL3fPhc-Nq45_kIuoY6-7sOO0g7w7wH_Gs8i_2SPau9zL4k_jr-ej-hw==
How can I improve it?

PS the resistances are 74/64/74. My totems deal 1200 dps.
Last edited by MermansSprocket70 on May 18, 2014, 4:15:11 PM
"
Mayerling wrote:
Loving this build. And the guide is extremely thorough and concise. Thank you!

Glad its working out so great for you... keep having fun!
GoranH.

"
Xeelios wrote:
Just dropping by to express my gratitude for this guide :D I have finished merciless yesterday and have started mapping today. The only problem I was having is that I wasn't able to run 3 aura at the same time so i invested some points in reduced mana reserved near the templar starting point. All in all an awesome guide, first time playing in HC(2week race) and I have made it to maps without any serious problems.

Always appreciate the kind words. :)
And yes, build is pretty flexible to go around. Templars have nodes.

"
Hi there, GoranH. To cut a long story short
How can I improve it?

You can spec out of ironwood, and get witch life/mana nodes, like ones in hc guide. That will give you more life/mana regen.

But main point is, your play should be based around not getting hit... it`s not tankiness of armor or evasion combined with leech... it`s your play just like a trapper build, since you can`t leech. So there`s CWDT setup and lightning warp in case you do get hit, and importantly have your totems up so they`ll aggro mobs, maybe even use a decoy if you wish to get away or stay safer.

In addition, other things is gear improvement...

So... with the ˝you´re not supposed to get hit˝ out of the way... let`s discuss gear.
Concerning improving gear with few chaos.
First overcap your res, if by a little bit, they should be 77/77/77, and raise chaos as much as you can. Geofri crown is a choice.

About armor/evasion, I have as you could see in the vid almost 0 on both... kinda nothing, I don`t have trouble personally... but to each his own.

If you want to be physically defensive, get lioneye´s remorse, ar/es gear (with high-is armor), use self-cast enduring-immortal combo (maybe get buff nodes near anc bond).

If you want additional survival that encompasses both spells/phys... cheap route is templar block clusters + crest of perandus + lahzar. More expensive variant is Cybils Paw(optional), Ratpith`s Globe, lahzar... add in strides if you`re finding spellblock lovely, ofc. block nodes included. XD

Also keep in mind I heavily recommend always using a granite (preferably with inc %armor mod), and res flask of your choice for occasion.

Hope that helps, if it doesn`t, possibly this build isn`t suite for you. Ooh, and yes before I forget... personally most beneficial upgrade in gear was for me Cloak of Defiance... just that, and I was feeling pretty safe. ;)

Have fun!
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on May 20, 2014, 5:54:55 AM
Thanks for all, GoranH. Actually I always try to avoid any enemy attacks. But the problem is that some enemies move rapidly so I'm rarely able to place my totems in advance. In addittion, there are many kinds of projectiling enemies that can strike me as soon as I'm noticed. Then, my totems being destructed very fast leave me without any safety. As a result, I easily can get ripped and lose some XP what is terrible.
Last edited by MermansSprocket70 on May 21, 2014, 6:58:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info