[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

Nice build. I'd suggest people to try out low life + crit flame totems if they aren't playing in any of the new leagues. Surprisingly, it works very well.
Currently lvl 39. Act I Cruel, no troubles so far. 1.5k HP Pool.

On the invader note.

Assumming I've encountered all of them (which isn't the case, I'm sure at least 3-5 are reserved for end cruel/merc) 27/36 so far not bad. In reality, I've found 3 invaders that I just said, fuck no this is either not killable (Lizzard with Devouring Totems and Desecrate Corpse), or fuck this hurts (Devourer like unique that hits me for 700-800hp, encountered on tidal island cruel. These invaders are fun, and brutal as funk.

Now working on CRUEL difficulty portion. As said from top to bottom normal > merc. Playing self-found as well.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 8, 2014, 4:38:01 AM
I have a question about flame totem. Is more projectives always better for flame totem? Lets just put IIR/IIQ on a side. Is it right that GMP+LMP > GMP > LMP on damage wise?
"
jaff0950 wrote:
I have a question about flame totem. Is more projectives always better for flame totem? Lets just put IIR/IIQ on a side. Is it right that GMP+LMP > GMP > LMP on damage wise?

It's not really, because as said, mana is one of the biggest problems, and dmg doesn't scale well. In terms of links I'm dead set on first four links which are Flame Totem > LMP/GMP > Fire Pen > Faster Cast. That combo is amazing. Links after that just raise the mana cost through the roof, if I manage to add EB to the mix, effective 5L is possible while 6L, well I just suggest IIR either way. heh You can do 5L normally, but more mana doesn't hurt. :)

Thing is let me calc this fast on my ex-nem guy (made a quick skill point realocation, to allow me to use my gear in the first place, dmg is quite higher usually). First off to say, my LMP/GMP gems there aren't equivalently leveled. I have lv l1/6q LMP, and 1/14q GMP.

Flame Totem (no links): 1559.2 per cast, mana cost 54
Flame Totem (LMP lvl 11 q6): 1178.4 per cast = 3535.2 (3 proj), mana cost 81
Flame Totem (GMP lvl 1 q14): 814.5 per cast = 4072.5 (5 proj), mana cost 108
Flame Totem (LMP/GMP above): 618.1 per cast = 4326.7 (7 projectiles) mana cost 162.

So from above... you see why that combo is terrible, setting aside it takes one more gem slot. :)

EDIT: Now onto my cruel leveling guide. :)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 8, 2014, 6:23:26 AM
"
GoranH wrote:
"
jaff0950 wrote:

It's not really, because as said, mana is one of the biggest problems, and dmg doesn't scale well. In terms of links I'm dead set on first four links which are Flame Totem > LMP/GMP > Fire Pen > Faster Cast. That combo is amazing. Links after that just raise the mana cost through the roof, if I manage to add EB to the mix, effective 5L is possible while 6L, well I just suggest IIR either way. heh You can do 5L normally, but more mana doesn't hurt. :)

Thing is let me calc this fast on my ex-nem guy (made a quick skill point realocation, to allow me to use my gear in the first place, dmg is quite higher usually). First off to say, my LMP/GMP gems there aren't equivalently leveled. I have lv l1/6q LMP, and 1/14q GMP.

Flame Totem (no links): 1559.2 per cast, mana cost 54
Flame Totem (LMP lvl 11 q6): 1178.4 per cast = 3535.2 (3 proj), mana cost 81
Flame Totem (GMP lvl 1 q14): 814.5 per cast = 4072.5 (5 proj), mana cost 108
Flame Totem (LMP/GMP above): 618.1 per cast = 4326.7 (7 projectiles) mana cost 162.

So from above... you see why that combo is terrible, setting aside it takes one more gem slot. :)

EDIT: Now onto my cruel leveling guide. :)

Wow, what a fast and clear reply. Hope you find a way to solve the mana problem. Again, thx for the answer.
Last edited by jaff0950 on Mar 8, 2014, 8:45:38 AM
Just a note, your last tree progression has a One handed attack speed node selected (down left part of the tree, next to the totem passives) for some reason.

Anyhow maybe a modified build like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AgzgUTQSzogC1BOQiGmwZhSSqNunjailP7DgaOKeEkFWCm8AaWfMqE1orLKesqnKp9zLqGPjrSsT2rhRxpzAUIFBHGJGdrqcIj0bQ0M9lVcYWb7iTp5TR_evuKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4KiPHGrhDM-JN6qprg2CQ2xTbYKo2XhexVHwKcLYdlr7dJGyycA8YGDmP9CfZJsgLjB6WCEN-wXl17IP6HWOXDE9rd8901krXy74a-u6lueA1Yr0ZpmswwdeHa8B8=

Could run more supports.
It has a total of -37% mana cost reduction on skills while having somewhat lower damage/life and mana.
Guess it comes down to weighing the value of more supports.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
Just a note, your last tree progression has a One handed attack speed node selected (down left part of the tree, next to the totem passives) for some reason.

Anyhow maybe a modified build like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AgzgUTQSzogC1BOQiGmwZhSSqNunjailP7DgaOKeEkFWCm8AaWfMqE1orLKesqnKp9zLqGPjrSsT2rhRxpzAUIFBHGJGdrqcIj0bQ0M9lVcYWb7iTp5TR_evuKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4KiPHGrhDM-JN6qprg2CQ2xTbYKo2XhexVHwKcLYdlr7dJGyycA8YGDmP9CfZJsgLjB6WCEN-wXl17IP6HWOXDE9rd8901krXy74a-u6lueA1Yr0ZpmswwdeHa8B8=

Could run more supports.
It has a total of -37% mana cost reduction on skills while having somewhat lower damage/life and mana.
Guess it comes down to weighing the value of more supports.

One-handed thing is a mis-click. Thanks for noticing! :D

On the %Mana reduction. It's not very good, I've tested. EB is the answer, I've just tested that on my ex-nem guy. It does help quite a lot. ;) (11 points spent to get that is waay too much)

And initial testing suggest I might be able to add AA to the mix, but there needs to be a decent strategy in leveling and using it.

Now I'm Act 2 Cruel, and am going to start writing a "Cruel" difficulty guide, as there really is a need for it. So far so good, also rework progression tree, passives are mostly good, just choice of "What first", as I always prefer more base survivability, damage comes later.
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 8, 2014, 9:56:31 AM
UPDATE: Added ongoing section for Tough Invaders
Consolidated Normal Difficulty Guide for easier Access
Started working on Cruel Difficulty Guide
First near rip situation, this guy is super hard. Got him though!

Tri totems, storm call, ice ... idk just crapton of stuff.

I don't see anything on him on wiki.

Encountered:

Well curiosity got the better of me when I killed merv, easily i might add, and proceeded into a corrupted area when going through the Forest. The boss at the end was too eager to be my friend and killed me by mistake.

Going to start up again now, slightly annoyed i reeped a 11% flameblast but it was always going to happen :)

Very nice guide.
TFIGEGKTB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info