1.1.0d Patch Notes

"
malvar wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
You can now see your body armour while wearing The Bringer of Rain. This includes cosmetic microtransactions such as Wings and the Seraph Armour skin.

Please undo this, it's an awful change if you're not using microtransactions!
I was using a Tabula Rasa on my BoR Marauder and i was so happy that i could level my gems in it and still that ugly thing wasn't displayed...

Now i have to decide whether i want to level gems and hate the look of my character or take the huge drawback of being able to level 6 gems less and like the look of my character.

Probably i'm gonna abandon that character completely and sell my BoR because of this... -.-

PS: Just in case anyone is wondering:
No, this is not sarcasm, i am really sad about this change.
And no, you cannot buy my BoR for [insert ridiculously low offer here].

You could use a skin transfer to get something that looks nice and still level 6 extra gems.

At Qualitiy: As far as i know a vaal orb can add 1-3% quality. So the only way to get over 20% is to use it on at least 18% quality gems and get really lucky to get 21%. With 20% you can still get 23 if you get the high roll.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
malvar wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
You can now see your body armour while wearing The Bringer of Rain. This includes cosmetic microtransactions such as Wings and the Seraph Armour skin.

Please undo this, it's an awful change if you're not using microtransactions!
I was using a Tabula Rasa on my BoR Marauder and i was so happy that i could level my gems in it and still that ugly thing wasn't displayed...

Now i have to decide whether i want to level gems and hate the look of my character or take the huge drawback of being able to level 6 gems less and like the look of my character.

Probably i'm gonna abandon that character completely and sell my BoR because of this... -.-

PS: Just in case anyone is wondering:
No, this is not sarcasm, i am really sad about this change.
And no, you cannot buy my BoR for [insert ridiculously low offer here].

ever thought about changing the skin of your tabula rasa via skin transfer?
Last edited by dan166 on Mar 7, 2014, 5:26:41 AM
"
requiner wrote:
Did anyone else notice that when a box says it will drop X number of additional rare items it never drops that many. I think its trying to roll rare flask or currency or something that can't be rare. Bug?
Post in the bug reports section, if you're experiencing it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
LostForm wrote:
"
vapor wrote:

do explain how it is intended to work then

do we need a 20% first before corrupting it?

I owe you nothing (plus I don't know how it works, but the notes imply the 23% gem is still a thing, just not in one vaal orb). getting extremely lucky in game is fairly rare, so if it was indeed a extremely lucky phenomenon that caused a 23% upgrade, rolling that back would be a much bigger slap than other players not having the chance to hit the same ridiculously lucky event. I have no skin in this argument, just my opinion.

I'm of the assumption a Vaal Orb can increase/decrease the Quality of a gem by various amounts (With a hard limit in either direction). So it could de/buff the Quality by up to 10% (On top of the existing quality) for example. Maybe the limit is only 3%, I don't know the precise mechanics, this is all assumptions.

Another assumption/idea: Maybe it can vary the Quality between -1% and 21% unless your gem is already at 20% quality, in which case it can vary it between -1% and %24%. (Dunno if quality can possibly go above 23%)
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 7, 2014, 5:46:06 AM
"
Fixed a problem that would allow a 0% quality gem to reach 23% quality with one Vaal Orb.

Don't write such things in patch notes. Or don't release patch notes before the patch. Now everyone who was lucky to be awake could exploit the bug before the patch.

It was cool that quality gems became more common, so maybe poor people could get some quality gems.

This expansions just makes rich people's characters more powerful. Did you see some of the corrupted items? +1 arrow in a bow? Damage taken gained as mana? 23 quality gems? They're super powerful, and they'll be super expensive. Someone who can buy a good combination of these items will be super OP. This sucks, I hate when the gap in power is so huge between poor people and the rich.
Last edited by petden on Mar 7, 2014, 6:08:15 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Corrected a passive skill in the Marauder armour section which incorrectly had an additional 6% life.

Right even less life... as you dont have nerfed the marauder/duellist area enough for most oif the builds.

At least put the life on the 15% life flask node. Even with that 15% node flasks are still useless in late(r)game with higher life pool...

And why are we still forced to go through the fire resist nodes while the other two elements are a dead end? Why cant we just choose wich route we want to go (fire, cold or lightning)?
"
Corrected a passive skill in the Marauder armour section which incorrectly had an additional 6% life.

Great now several players have to respect because that's the only reason to take that node.

"
Fixed a problem that would allow a 0% quality gem to reach 23% quality with one Vaal Orb.

"PROBLEM"

Really there if there is randomness in that orb good effects should be allowed.
Else it will be just some trash effect you don't want.
Last edited by Hilbert on Mar 7, 2014, 6:56:33 AM
"

After 1.1.0 after respecing with the same nodes i lost 600 hp on my marauder (from 4700 to 4100). Is it not enouth? Stop nerving hp already!

P.S. And overall what the fu.. was so wrong with the marauder tree that you changed it so badly?
Last edited by vanisimo on Mar 7, 2014, 8:16:54 AM
"
jechkaar wrote:
"
Fixed a bug where monster packs in the Ancient Pyramid would have more than one totem in the Invasion league.

That was actually very cool. If you are in a strong group I guess.

i agree, it was one of the things i noted "wow, this is actually good improvement". I would roll it back if you could. Or made is as feature - Normal = 1 totem | Cruel = 2 totems | Merc = 3 totems in spawn. It made the area before Vaal to look more alive and improved the mob density without and big exp boost.

"

what was wrong with this? I consider the new Marauder tree to be pretty trashy and it's "hard" to get out of the tree without wasting 2-3 extra points. Some of the merged split nodes bound to weapon types are useless since it's waste if you are not using the weapon type.

And yes, i plan to go caster, why Maruader? Because Mara looks good in armors.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Mar 7, 2014, 8:20:02 AM
Lol i literally died 3 times in invasion, once to vaal detonate dead, then to flame nova @coast normal difficulty, and then to this retarded frost wall that wiped me in 0.2 secs @ledge normal difficulty. Glad to see they are all nerfed, holy bejeesus
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info