1.1.0d Patch Notes

"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.1.0d:

Balance:
  • Halved the spawn rate of Gemcutter's Strongboxes in the Ambush league.

Thats... really extreme. Like, its hard to find them as it is...

True, I haven't seen one yet. Or I'm extremely unlucky, oh well ...
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.1.0d:

Balance:
  • Vaal Skill soul counts were initially balanced for Merciless difficulty, where there are more monsters. We want them to be easier to use in Normal and Cruel difficulty. We have halved the number of souls required for each skill. In Cruel difficulty, skills require 50% more souls to uses. In Merciless difficulty, they require 100% more (which is the same as before the patch).

Thank you! On my startup character I received Vaal Detonate Dead in a Vaal side area when heading to Mud Flats. My excitement turned to dismay when I realized I could never use it. There were never 96 souls in a zone and every new area I had to start back at zero. By the time I hit Ledge, the gem was in my stash, unused. May have to get it back out now and try again.
"
komlosi wrote:
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.1.0d:

Balance:
  • Halved the spawn rate of Gemcutter's Strongboxes in the Ambush league.

Thats... really extreme. Like, its hard to find them as it is...

True, I haven't seen one yet. Or I'm extremely unlucky, oh well ...

What? No. I'm in Act 3 Normal and have only seen one.
"
vapor wrote:
"
LostForm wrote:
"
vapor wrote:

do explain how it is intended to work then

do we need a 20% first before corrupting it?

I owe you nothing (plus I don't know how it works, but the notes imply the 23% gem is still a thing, just not in one vaal orb). getting extremely lucky in game is fairly rare, so if it was indeed a extremely lucky phenomenon that caused a 23% upgrade, rolling that back would be a much bigger slap than other players not having the chance to hit the same ridiculously lucky event. I have no skin in this argument, just my opinion.

did i saw you owed me anything, NO i didn't, i asked a question.
take your cockiness down the road

you admit to not knowing how they work, shouldn't have jumped in acting like you know everything and i wouldn't have quoted you asking to explain how it works

nope still don't owe you nothing. and your opinion is even more worthless than mine as you base yours off of information provided by me
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Mar 7, 2014, 10:03:27 AM
Has anyone else on Ambush noticed a huge dropoff in the number of all types of strongboxes since the patch? I was averaging about 1 every 2 zones before...since the patch, I've only seen 5 in probably 80 or 90 instances.
too many bug fixes right away lolol

makes you wonder how efficient, if any, was the testing done. fixes are understandable, but this many in about a day after launch speaks loudly of how things were done.

also, the math used for vaal skill gems is ridiculous. even with the hotfix where GGG reduced the soul count requisite on normal & cruel, it's still not viable to be used on a limited socket build.

and yea, keep on trashing the passive skill tree as it will eventually render the free reset useless.

i see where the other guy was coming from when he mentioned that this game is no longer in beta testing.

any sense of planning is lost if they will just change things regularly and when that happens right after you build something, that makes you contemplate on not playing, until the storm of fixes and nerfs calms down, if it ever does.

i still maintain though, that the gameplay concept is awesome and would like it to improve but things are just turning sour for me due to what seems to be inadequate management of the game's plans/changes, if there's any.

Good Game Guys
"
azraelb wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Corrected a passive skill in the Marauder armour section which incorrectly had an additional 6% life.

Right even less life... as you dont have nerfed the marauder/duellist area enough for most oif the builds.

At least put the life on the 15% life flask node. Even with that 15% node flasks are still useless in late(r)game with higher life pool...

And why are we still forced to go through the fire resist nodes while the other two elements are a dead end? Why cant we just choose wich route we want to go (fire, cold or lightning)?

Yep, after patch redid my build to not use circle of life and instead went to marauder area to pick up life, including the life node that they now removed. Traded about 6-7k dps for +2 to elemental res +2% regen and still down about 200 hp since before patch (even more now)

what the fuck? 6% more life was game breaking, considering the huge life nerf already?

;/

2 regret orbs deposited into my stash asap, TY GGG.
Bah, I too was hoping to get lucky with gemcutter's strongboxes.
"
oldirtybomber wrote:
"
azraelb wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Corrected a passive skill in the Marauder armour section which incorrectly had an additional 6% life.

Right even less life... as you dont have nerfed the marauder/duellist area enough for most oif the builds.

At least put the life on the 15% life flask node. Even with that 15% node flasks are still useless in late(r)game with higher life pool...

And why are we still forced to go through the fire resist nodes while the other two elements are a dead end? Why cant we just choose wich route we want to go (fire, cold or lightning)?

Yep, after patch redid my build to not use circle of life and instead went to marauder area to pick up life, including the life node that they now removed. Traded about 6-7k dps for +2 to elemental res +2% regen and still down about 200 hp since before patch (even more now)

what the fuck? 6% more life was game breaking, considering the huge life nerf already?

;/

2 regret orbs deposited into my stash asap, TY GGG.

lololol, reminds me of a scenario... mommy took one of his son's rubber ducky toys, so the son started crying. mommy gave his son 1 dollar to get something else as he's not getting the rubber ducky back (she thinks he's still got too much)... and son was happy :)

if this were true, what is this? fixing things on the micro level now? band-aid fixes dont work if the root of the problem still exist.
"
Fixed some problems with trap targeting. If a trap hits the targeted monster, it will now fall to the ground and explode immediately.

Last night, before my untimely 1-shot death, I was muttering about how terrible the throw pathing is for traps.

Target mob, trap goes 8 feet past the sucker. Finally some resolution to the matter.
Last edited by craneology on Mar 7, 2014, 12:44:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info