Domination/Nemesis Challenge and Race Season Six Winners

*insert long list of winners of stuff*

Here are two corrupted potatoes for the long post.
Last edited by Netsky on Feb 24, 2014, 11:59:18 AM
The Randomness of Corruption is not exciting :(

It can:
Change the properties of jewelry (and assuming, based on that, other items)
(suggested by pic) change socket colors)
Allow more mods to roll (at least on maps)
Increase the level of a gem past 20
Increase the quality of an item past 20

That just seems like an absolutely insane amount of RNG to introduce to a system that is already chock full of RNG to a point where it makes me never want to craft again.
"
Does that mean that the skill gems enhance, enlighten and empower will be able to reach level 4 ( if they're corrupted) ?

Good luck getting them to Level 4... Ever.

@Shoju, it's not that huge of RNG, it's a small pool from what we can see, with a very WIDE range of possibilties, each one unique and fun, and that makes it exciting. ~.^
Also, it allows for more customization on items that otherwise didn't have that option, like Uniques.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Feb 24, 2014, 12:06:31 PM
First of all congratulation to all winners. It was quite a challenge.

And Coruption could be a reward for doing quest in mini expansion. It could mean that some of your equipment will become corrupted.

Corruption and damnation will rule the world :D
"
fadekill wrote:
"Two players who broke the multiple-character rules on many occasions have been excluded from this prize. The prize awarding has been adjusted for subsequent seasons to address this - check the 1.1.0 patch notes for more information next week."

I'm so glad GGG did this. Good Job guys!

Grats to all top finishers!

GGG fixes this but still RMTers get the rewards for 8 stars in the challenge leagues? lel...

Seems to be confirmed by GGG this way that RMTing is allowed (and no, I won't name+shame, the guys who RMTed have been reported, nothing happend).
Completed 8/8 Challenges Ons/Ana
8/8 Challenges Nem/Dom #1 Templar Nem/Dom
6/8 Challenges Invasion/Ambush #1 Templar 2 Week Race
8/8 Challenges Beyond/Rampage & Bloodlines/Torment #1 Templar BL (lvl100)
IGN: BeerBeastTheBurninator | 8/8 Temp/Warb | 32/32 TalismanHC | 40/40 PerandusHC
I am considering one thing...
It seems "VALL Orb + Exalted Orb = Add 1 or 2 Mods to 6 Mods items".
If Eternal Orb join in, what happened?
Last edited by fasknifer on Feb 24, 2014, 12:12:46 PM
The scaling will go out of control. The spec I played in Nemesis would go sky-high with these changes(both in defense - arctic armor, and offence - EK, a spell), 2 corrupted high level gems would absolutely destroy the content once reached max level. I'm really worried about the balace issue there because I could already ignore most of the shit (actually 99% of shit)
"
ZhenyaDM wrote:
The scaling will go out of control. The spec I played in Nemesis would go sky-high with these changes(both in defense - arctic armor, and offence - EK, a spell), 2 corrupted high level gems would absolutely destroy the content once reached max level. I'm really worried about the balace issue there because I could already ignore most of the shit (actually 99% of shit)

Yes, 1% extra Movement Speed on Arctic Armour would totally break the end-game. :P

/sarcasm
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
zoocubes wrote:
23% quality at level 1.. holy f....

not that big of a deal

20% level 1 has been available forever

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes#Skill_Gems

one level 20 skill gem + one Gemcutter's Prism = a level one 20% quality skill gem
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
Does that mean that the skill gems enhance, enlighten and empower will be able to reach level 4 ( if they're corrupted) ?

Good luck getting them to Level 4... Ever.

@Shoju, it's not that huge of RNG, it's a small pool from what we can see, with a very WIDE range of possibilties, each one unique and fun, and that makes it exciting. ~.^
Also, it allows for more customization on items that otherwise didn't have that option, like Uniques.

I hope, that you are right. My fear right now, is that Corruption can affect each item, in a way similar to what we have seen so far.

We have seen that corrupted items can spawn with different base properties. We saw the Onyx Neckalace with Lightning Damage Leech.

Ok, so.....

Let's assume, that this can affect all items with base properties. Like, Astral Plate.

Now, Let's say I want to craft up a God Like Astral Plate for my Scion. I'm obviously going to be looking for a Corrupted AStral Plate.

AM I now going to have to wade through COrruption RNG to get the Corruption type I want so that I can craft it, and then go through the ridiculous Eternal / Exalt process?

This, isn't a lot of RNG by itself. But when added to the already massive amount of RNG that is involved in crafting, it just makes me never want to even think about bothering to do it again.

Yes, it's early to even begin to speculate. But, based on the track record I have to go on, We aren't going to get the full story until the new leagues go live. And at this point, unless Ambush league is a profound improvement over my experiences with Anarchy and Domination, I'm just going to continue to play solo / small guild group in Standard, and just give up on even attempting to play self found / crafted.

Which in turn, will probably turn me off from the game over time, because the RNG is just crippling unless you are RMT-ing, have amazing RNGesus in your back pocket, or get that awesome drop that you can sell for 100 exalts.

So far, in playing since the beginning of OB, I have yet to experience any of this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info