Contents of the 0.11.3 patch

5% in Cruel and 10% in Merciless seem like perfect numbers (also easier to remember as it makes more sense).

The previous announcement of reducing the penalty to 3% and 8% seemed a bit too low and the old penalty of 15% in Merciless was a bit too harsh.
It should be mandatory for players to have a high level character (88+) and have done the highest level content before they are allowed to post comments about end-game content, end-game balance, and what's "OP"
"
Good to see trade chat improvements are on the horizon! Keep up the great work GGG?

(now life, EB, and wand damage buff please? :P)

Just curious, why do you think EB needs to be buffed? It's pretty well balanced as is, IMO, and this is coming from someone that goes EB on most of their (HC) characters. First and foremost, it's the only way to maintain a high level arctic armor without dumping half your passive points into mana nodes. Really the only "weak" aspect of the keystone is that EB builds are life builds by necessity and life builds are weaker than ES builds atm w/o Kaom's.
IGN: Jihokinetic
This all looks fantastic. The experience penalties should be just right. I was just thinking today that I wanted to do something with Searing Bond AND Incinerate, but I wanted to wait until they were revamped. Think, and ye shall receive. Thank you, GGG!
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.
Please no more Incinerate Totem builds.

Unplayable in a full Party! Can't see anything as a meelee and older PCs get 3 FPS!

Had an Incinerator in our Party and we mobbed him until he finally deleted that crappy performance killer.

The build was very strong though. Perhaps it will be more viable with the new performance updates.

Won't still be able to see shit though.
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
I still have no idea in what way searing bond is viable that we have not yet discovered (alleged by GGG), but hopefully the update will encourage more folks to try and expose the mechanics of the skill.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
PocketMonsters, ElectronicArts, CommandAndConquer, CaptainFairgraves, AgentTanya, OcarinaOfTime
never seen anyone using searing bond build personally,same with incinerate..no wonder changes await them.
"
The experience death penalty will be reduced, as discussed in yesterday's news post. Based on substantial feedback, we've settled on values of 5% for Cruel and 10% for Merciless (which are higher than what we said yesterday).

BAD DECISION. That was NOT feedback from real players, those "we need 10%" whiners represented minor part of game audience, 5% or less. Here, take feedback from another 95% of players, who usually dont post on forums at all: we want 3%-8% penalty. Now go and make another news.
Nice; they took our suggestion (mine and another poster's) of using 5 and 10% values instead of 3 and 8. :)

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Kudos for making it 5/10, nice round numbers that make sense and still strongly discourage people from dying.

Please don't lower them further.
"
_PBS_ wrote:
"
The experience death penalty will be reduced, as discussed in yesterday's news post. Based on substantial feedback, we've settled on values of 5% for Cruel and 10% for Merciless (which are higher than what we said yesterday).

BAD DECISION. That was NOT feedback from real players, those "we need 10%" whiners represented minor part of game audience, 5% or less. Here, take feedback from another 95% of players, who usually dont post on forums at all: we want 3%-8% penalty. Now go and make another news.

It CAN and WILL change again, as Chris mentioned before.
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info