Descent Races

I hope it proves me wrong but just about everything about this race looks bad to me and is tedious at best... I generally don't talk down to people regarding skill level, but this looks like an amalgamation of ideas collected from people that were terrible at racing as we know it now. The fact that the areas and monsters will be difficult to beat is pretty irrelevant. Can't believe this is the signature...
Last edited by boof on Jun 27, 2013, 12:53:39 AM
"
JoleeBindoo wrote:
This race sounds very exciting and kudos for the effort. The only thing that I don't like is that death has no penalty. A death is a death is a death and should always have a penalty.

There should be some percentage (1%/2%/5%) penalty to the final experience for dying. Two people neck to neck in the final moments, if challenged by possibility or fear of dying and losing valuable experience points may bring out entirely different game play.

In the final moments of the race one may approach it cautiously and keep their points or take the gamble and jump right in the middle of mob and hope they survive to reap the benefits! The risk/reward impetus should always be present, specially in a competition.

i think if you die, your character is kicked out of the race (but can still win prices, if you managed to get to a high lvl).

Should be penalty enough ^^
Phywaehikye - 77 Ranger / Anarchy
SaucyBBQ - 67 Ranger / SC
Raphens - 53 Witch / SC

I supported GGG with around 30-40 euros, because PoE is a great game! :)
Wow.

I'm amazed at how well you all have taken in feedback!
The very fact that you listened, and turned around and actually took actions based on the suggestions - makes you guys infinitely better than other game developers.

Next paycheck, you'll definitely be getting a support package from me ;D
holy shit this sounds awesome!

However i think there should still be some smal rewards for the other leagues for example for each "stage" you get a currency item. Just to make it more rewarding to play this league.

In addition the character should still be moved to its parent league but without any items (just the earned currency items in its inventory).

This would address people who can't spend so much time on the game but still would like to experience all facets of it.
Chris what about the balance in these races people like kripp and other pros always win and the worser people never get 1 place.
"
KoTao wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

"
KoTao wrote:
Basically, if a player who dies is able to place above a player who defeated the final boss (or whatever the races win/finish condition is) then we have a pretty significant problem.

Why? In a "normal" race, if the one who decided to stay in Western Forest gets more xp than the other who kills Vaal, who wins? Now you take in count the 'different' rule: dying did not take you out, but just freeze your result: does this really change so much? Its plain 'arcade' style and that fits perfectly to the overall design of these races - you have a time limit and one life, make the best of it! ^^

The flaking out in act 2 instead of progressing to act 3, rerunning easy zones and skipping hard zones etc were the sort of things ive disliked about races all along, so i certainly dont want to see them repeated.

The arcade games youre talking about lacked random elements- the best player always won. Monster spawns and other elements could possibly skew that here, as indicated in my theoretical examples above, and i sincerely doubt thats the sort of competition most serious racers want from the seasons signature race.

it says instances cannot be reloaded so players wont be able to re-run easy zones like before.
Does the first chest you take on a level affect what the next chest choices will be?

IE. If you have Chest 1 and Chest 2 at the end of level 1, will taking either Chest give you the choice of Chest 3 and Chest 4 at the end of 2, or will taking Chest 2 Give you the Choice of 5 and 6?

(and if not, can we add that?)
Kilts for Templars <tm> - Our mission is to replace the ancient Greek toga worn by the Templar with a kilt. It fits the theme of Wraeclast better, and it fits the voice of the Templar.
This sounds great except the maphacks, zoom and speed hackers will still be the ones with the unfair advantages, just like all the other races there is always a big hand full cheating.
"
This sounds great except the maphacks, zoom and speed hackers will still be the ones with the unfair advantages, just like all the other races there is always a big hand full cheating.

nah, the top races usually stream

you can see they aren't using hacks
I don't get impressed often, but now i am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info