Descent Races

Take all my money.
Will there be any party Descent races? I think that could be really fun, with having to balance party makeup against the available loot, and challenges ahead. Perhaps with some kind of setup where you lock in a predefined group before the race begins?
I'd never been that interested in races before.....but now.....OMG! Are you guys going to give out points/prizes for winning/placing highly in a single event, or will prizes only be given to winners of the entire SEASON? I really hope you will reward doing well in each event AND the season as a whole, otherwise, it kinda disincentives playing.
IGN EnderInExile
This will be the first event I hopefully take place in :)
I am not a female, but I really wish I was. <3
I love this game.
If I keep nothing after the event is over, and it's entirely possible to come out of a race with 0 points for not getting any "firsts" or "highests" due to the way races are structured, what's the appeal?
"
Vaergoth wrote:
If it's entirely possible to come out of a race with 0 points for not getting any "firsts" or "highests" due to the way races are structured, what's the appeal?

I'd expect that there still will be rewards for reaching significant stages, like 1 reward point for every 2 solved areas, or similar.

"
Warlord_Zap wrote:
Will there be any party Descent races?

I dont expect this for the actual configuration; I think it will need some adjustments and solutions for things like spawning etc... (no town to meet - what I imply with: no initial area like strand - no instance management, etc)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
canzpl wrote:
you guys should create a race with rogue exiles, but no random spawn anymore. all areas should have 1 exile. when you kill 1 type of exile he can not spawn anymore. bonus points for killing all exiles in the race!
+1
I have only come across 2 exiles in Anarchy, but I am loving the drop rates on them and the challenge since they use more than 1 skill. An "Anarchy Descent" 90 minute race would be awesome!
too bad u cant keep the loot :\

apart from that descent races seem to be very similar to the races in bounty bay online.
IGN: @ShocklerMolesh

Map Management Resource:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977
This race sounds very exciting and kudos for the effort. The only thing that I don't like is that death has no penalty. A death is a death is a death and should always have a penalty.

There should be some percentage (1%/2%/5%) penalty to the final experience for dying. Two people neck to neck in the final moments, if challenged by possibility or fear of dying and losing valuable experience points may bring out entirely different game play.

In the final moments of the race one may approach it cautiously and keep their points or take the gamble and jump right in the middle of mob and hope they survive to reap the benefits! The risk/reward impetus should always be present, specially in a competition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info