Boss Design in Path of Exile 2

"
Do you honestly think that mindlessly grinding packs of 100 mobs on the screen map afther map is more fun than grinding bosses?

This is exactly what I and many many others who do not do bossing in PoE think. How is this a surprise?

There are two possible outcomes:

1. chars won't get powerful enough to trivialize these encounters, unlike today, creating a friction (or forcing to skip the bosses)

2. chars will, after levelling up, trivialize these bosses, like today

In either case, the effort spent on perfecting them, doing all-custom animations and such, is wasted on a very very large portion of the playerbase.

If I had to guess, I'd say at least 60% do not boss in any meaningful manner and prefer blasting through maps. Most of the streamers do anyway.

So... wasted effort that may also lead to a less enjoyable game. Why do we complain indeed.
Last edited by dnut_00 on Aug 24, 2024, 3:09:15 PM
Where's my invite, yo, I'm so ready!
Won't know untill i try it. Anything made with passion is good enough. just don't make it too ordinary! Would happily test it for yaa!
"
BlackPulsar wrote:

Do you honestly think that mindlessly grinding packs of 100 mobs on the screen map afther map is more fun than grinding bosses?

Yes it is.
Proof: check how many people clear Elden Ring more than one to three times lol.

ARPGs were always about items and making strong powerful character.

They see that almost no one plays Ruthless because it's failed experiment and yet they try to make a full Ruthless game.

And this itself isn't even that bad, I mean a bad game will be made and then forgotten like Last Epoch, but they abandoned PoE1 development and make no updates and no new content for the endgame (same Exarch and Eater for years) because development was shift to PoE2, they also abandoned updating animations and character models for PoE1.

This is what is bad, also PoE1 may be abandoned completely after PoE2 release (left only with Standard) like D3 was abandoned after D4 release.
Last edited by Kuwálda on Aug 24, 2024, 7:19:49 PM
"Souls-like" :-( boo
"
Kuwálda wrote:
Proof: check how many people clear Elden Ring more than one to three times lol.

You bought me with this one. BTW, all your points was addressed by GGG in interviews. Pointless rant.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
BlackPulsar wrote:
It's a grinding game guys,why are alot of you complaining so much?
Do you honestly think that mindlessly grinding packs of 100 mobs on the screen map after map is more fun than grinding bosses?

Yes. Yes I do. By a long margin.

I have never played a souls game, or a bullet hell/heaven game. Those kinds of games are the opposite of fun to me and to have those mechanics in this game really dampens my enthusiasm for PoE2. We shall see when I actually try out the game but I am not hopeful.

Edit

Just saw in Ziggy's interview that you can no longer portal to town to refill your flasks during a boss fight. There's another strike against me liking PoE2.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Aug 25, 2024, 4:43:07 AM
I'm sorry, but nothing i've seen about PoE2 so far catches me up.
Super slow and boring gameplay, Souls-Like Bosses (if i wanted a Souls like Boss i'd play a Souls Game) and a more or less forced PoE 1 Ruthless Mode.

I really hope we'll still getting PoE 1 Seasons, because PoE2 isn't anything at all for me personally.
"
It's a grinding game guys,why are alot of you complaining so much?
Do you honestly think that mindlessly grinding packs of 100 mobs on the screen map after map is more fun than grinding bosses?

Bashing your head against every map boss though?? That sounds so tedious and frustrating, hard bosses should be optional (just skipping them is a garbage alternative).

So many PoE players (most?) play for maps not the bosses, and the game is built around maps, imagine getting stalled for minutes at the end of each one. And some people (me) don't like all that thinking and tryharding in the middle of our "action" game.

Making a sequel and changing the target audience is such a bait, especially since originally it was gonna be an epic expansion for PoE1 (that we no longer get, big oof for those that won't like PoE2).

Also souls-likes are so generic now, don't kill that PoE uniqueness!
Last edited by MissMurtleTurtle on Aug 25, 2024, 7:51:39 AM
Can't wait to test it ! Fingers crossed Navali & Zana are back. Gigantism good big booms greatest game of all time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info