3.25.1 Patch Notes

Lame
"
SloppyJoker wrote:
"
MoonPeace wrote:
What does this mean, exactly, and not in vague language:

"Fixed a bug where Map crafting options from Scarabs were not appearing if placed in the 6th slot of the Map Device."

It reads as if bonuses from scarabs which had been placed in the 6th map slot were not actually affecting the map...but I'll reserve judgment until after it has been explained clearly. After all, the 6th map slot must have been tested at least in a basic sense to be sure it actually worked, and didn't just erase scarabs.

This is exactly what it was. This issue had been addressed in several creators Youtube videos and streams, but not a single word from GGG as far as I'm aware.

Players had to put their maps in the bottom slot instead of a scarab to still make use of all slots without it eating up one of your scarabs.

This issue was easily worth a statement on the frontpage to prevent people from losing stupid amounts of currency...or even better a quick hotfix for this bug alone instead of waiting out on a fully blown patch, but nope.

I'm blown away. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this gigantic bug was couched in such vague, unclear wording...an effort to obfuscate its significance?...coming from those who:

1) Didn't bother with even basic testing of such core functionality.
2) Sat idly by while players strove to unlock the 6th map slot, who then had their scarabs drained with zero benefit without words of caution once the problem had been identified.

I'm at a loss as to how you could condone such a course, GGG. It was far from obvious that this was happening. Considering how slight an evident effect some scarabs add to a map, especially in the presence of others which are focused on the same mechanic, this is worth more than a word of warning...Rather, there should have been an announcement akin to sales ads and server shutdown messages.

Do you not feel some responsibility to warn people that well-known, clearly explained functionality at the core of the mapping system is not working as intended, and is instead wasting their resources?

Please fix the shipping GGG. I can't even send my ships out. If I do I might not be able to send out another shipment for another whole day. And that's just a 50K shipment.
Last edited by King_Emris on Aug 13, 2024, 11:48:44 PM
"
MoonPeace wrote:
"
SloppyJoker wrote:
"
MoonPeace wrote:
What does this mean, exactly, and not in vague language:

"Fixed a bug where Map crafting options from Scarabs were not appearing if placed in the 6th slot of the Map Device."

It reads as if bonuses from scarabs which had been placed in the 6th map slot were not actually affecting the map...but I'll reserve judgment until after it has been explained clearly. After all, the 6th map slot must have been tested at least in a basic sense to be sure it actually worked, and didn't just erase scarabs.

This is exactly what it was. This issue had been addressed in several creators Youtube videos and streams, but not a single word from GGG as far as I'm aware.

Players had to put their maps in the bottom slot instead of a scarab to still make use of all slots without it eating up one of your scarabs.

This issue was easily worth a statement on the frontpage to prevent people from losing stupid amounts of currency...or even better a quick hotfix for this bug alone instead of waiting out on a fully blown patch, but nope.

I'm blown away. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this gigantic bug was couched in such vague, unclear wording...an effort to obfuscate its significance?...coming from those who:

2) Sat idly by while players strove to unlock the 6th map slot, who then had their scarabs drained with zero benefit without words of caution once the problem had been identified.

I'm at a loss as to how you could condone such a course, GGG. It was far from obvious that this was happening. Considering how slight an evident effect some scarabs add to a map, especially in the presence of others which are focused on the same mechanic, this is worth more than a word of warning...Rather, there should have been an announcement akin to sales ads and server shutdown messages.

Do you not feel some responsibility to warn people that well-known, clearly explained functionality at the core of the mapping system is not working as intended, and is instead wasting their resources?

To be fair, it wasn't ALL scarabs that this bug effected, just some, I tested many out which were still working, but also aware that there were some that were not.
Noticed this dust change does not really sounds like a "buff"... But who know...
Seems the league started good but something weird is happening, the trade was so slow last days, didn't manage to sell items like I usually do.
40/40 & haunted mansion hideout unlocked. Time to move on.
Who do we have to Hawk Ptuh so the drops are adjusted ? double Hawk for gold cost or drop fix.
My crew is on strike and refuses to sail after dust turned to dust.
I am having game crashes galore. Non of these changes are as essential as decent performance and stability.
This patch broke harbingers, or they stealth nerfed them. Before the patch I would never go more than 10 maps without a fracturing shard drop, as of now I have done more than 60 maps without seeing a single fracturing shard. Several other people have confirmed my claim.
"
kgold01 wrote:
"
MoonPeace wrote:

To be fair, it wasn't ALL scarabs that this bug effected, just some, I tested many out which were still working, but also aware that there were some that were not.

I hear you. Details are important, and in light of this (with due respect, of course)...

To be fair: If there was even a single scarab type that was known to be not functioning as described, advertised, and intended, in the map device, GGG should have made whatever reasonable effort they could to make that fact known to the entire player base.

I am unaware of any honorable reason to have kept this detail concealed from players if it was known to be occurring. That said...to be fair...I will be patiently waiting for one to be presented.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info