[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
jRbizzleR1 wrote:

Here is my updated one with the fixed jewel.

https://pobb.in/YK6RGQL9c_1L

I see people in the Millions of DPS but I cant even get 1 lol

you are checking the dps of frostbolt 😅

1. from the dropdown menu select ice nova
2. go in the skill section
3. go in the ice nova setup and check Include in Full DPS
4. put "8" under Count (every cast of ice nova will produce 8 novas)

as you can see your damage is much higher :)
"
jRbizzleR1 wrote:
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
jRbizzleR1 wrote:
Can someone take a look at my PoB and see what I can improve. Also not sure why I am stuck at 60% res on all of them.

https://pobb.in/CqyEjmHwh6uD

I have about 70-100 Div I can use for upgrades

you have the wrong militant faith for 2 reason:
firstly it overrides your power charge and secondly (and most important) it's not a dominus militant faith.

you have a faith with "Carved to glorify [number] new faithful converted by High Templar Maxarius" which instead of Inner Convition gives you Transcendence (this is what set your max res to 60%).

you really want to sold that one and buy one that says:
"Carved to glorify [number] new faithful converted by High Templar Dominus"

Here is my updated one with the fixed jewel.

https://pobb.in/YK6RGQL9c_1L

I see people in the Millions of DPS but I cant even get 1 lol

* I think you may not be understanding the damage in the build. You have set up the POB to be for Frostbolt. Our Frostbolts provide almost no damage. Our damage comes from Spell Echoing our Ice Nova's 8 times over and casting them on the Frostbolts. Your full DPS is 29m right now in this POB you linked. (note I removed Unnerved from the Config because you don't have it on your gloves)

* you still have the wrong Militant Faith. When you search for your Militant Faith, you must make sure NOT to overwrite any of the key nodes. You over wrote Heart of Darkness. Please see the first post in the FAQ section for how to search for this jewel

* You are missing the power charge on the helmet

* Your wand is need of a massive upgrade. The flat lightning damage and increased cold damage do very little for our damage totals. Your weapon is also missing the starter enchant of Elemental Weakness

* You have the wrong Implicit on the Glove. We want Chance to Unnerve on Hit

* You don't have quality on any of the support gems for Ice Nova

* Many of your flasks are missing quality for better uptime

* You are missing quality on a significant amount of gems that help the build (Sigil, Eternal Blessing, Punishment, Automation, Arcane Cloak, and More Duration

Fix all of these issues, keep leveling and your build will get progressively stronger.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 31, 2024, 9:26:09 PM
* I think you may not be understanding the damage in the build. You have set up the POB to be for Frostbolt. Our Frostbolts provide almost no damage. Our damage comes from Spell Echoing our Ice Nova's 8 times over and casting them on the Frostbolts. Your full DPS is 29m right now in this POB you linked. (note I removed Unnerved from the Config because you don't have it on your gloves)

* you still have the wrong Militant Faith. When you search for your Militant Faith, you must make sure NOT to overwrite any of the key nodes. You over wrote Heart of Darkness. Please see the first post in the FAQ section for how to search for this jewel

* You are missing the power charge on the helmet

* Your wand is need of a massive upgrade. The flat lightning damage and increased cold damage do very little for our damage totals. Your weapon is also missing the starter enchant of Elemental Weakness

* You have the wrong Implicit on the Glove. We want Chance to Unnerve on Hit

* You don't have quality on any of the support gems for Ice Nova

* Many of your flasks are missing quality for better uptime

* You are missing quality on a significant amount of gems that help the build (Sigil, Eternal Blessing, Punishment, Automation, Arcane Cloak, and More Duration

Fix all of these issues, keep leveling and your build will get progressively stronger.

[/quote]

Thank you for this detailed answer it’s what I needed! I do understand where the builds damage comes from what I don’t understand is how to use PoB lol. Sorry it’s my first league, still learnjng

Again thank you for the help!
"

Don't forget to get the +1 Power Charge on helmet, as your crit chance is fairly low right now. Your Silver Flask and Sulphur flask affixes are not helping that much. It is very important to get critical strike chance on one of the flask suffixes.

Thanks.

Any suggestions on my Large Cluster Jewel dilemma?
"
periperi2 wrote:
"

Don't forget to get the +1 Power Charge on helmet, as your crit chance is fairly low right now. Your Silver Flask and Sulphur flask affixes are not helping that much. It is very important to get critical strike chance on one of the flask suffixes.

Thanks.

Any suggestions on my Large Cluster Jewel dilemma?

yes, check the faq section
"
tufferugli wrote:

yes, check the faq section

/facepalm I could have saved 100c if I had read FAQ and understood how Cluster Jewels work.

Thanks for directing me to FAQ.
Last edited by periperi2 on Aug 31, 2024, 11:14:01 PM
I am not a magic find player since I don't really understand the strats but out of curiosity, I removed a bunch of damage from my build, Intensify and Sulphur flask and replaced them with Item Rarity Support and a Gold Flask.

I would say my performance in the handful of 8 modded T16's was maybe at 95% of the full damage version.

The conclusion is that if you want to try magic find with Item Rarity, it is very doable on this build.
Guys, is there anything we can do to improve physical max hit? I hate the idea of getting one shot from nowhere while mapping 🥲
Something that has helped me immensely is Corrupted Soul and reducing extra damage taken from critical hits.
Last edited by periperi2 on Sep 1, 2024, 5:57:47 AM
"
Hakitasima wrote:
Guys, is there anything we can do to improve physical max hit? I hate the idea of getting one shot from nowhere while mapping 🥲

I think @periperi2 gave good advice.

I got crit immune (100% crit reduction) the following way:

50% via Chest corruption
30% via Sanctum of Thought node reached with Impossible Escape
20% via tattoos

Other than crit immunity, raising your health pool (ES, Life and Mana) is your best bet. Making sure your mana is always topped off, especially after arcane cloak really helps.

We will never be able to get any where near enough armor into the build to have any effect on a big physical hit so don't focus on that at all.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 1, 2024, 7:13:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info