How the Settlers of Kalguur Launch Went

"
Aalandra wrote:
Is this a joke? I have not been able to play the game without crashing for the entire league. Entering maps, hideout, any zone while in a load screen results in a crash 25% of the time. And when it does crash, trying to relaunch the game crashes repeatedly as well. There are PLENTY of posts pertaining to the issue in the "Crash" section of the bug report forums, and nothing has been said or done. Please don't claim its been "extremely smooth", what a joke.

You know as someone who used to crash a lot with each new league, I found there is a simple albeit ptw solution. Get a better pc. Cause I and many other people I know haven't experienced a single crash this league. Maybe you need an SSD? And you don't even need the latest stuff, I am still running on a rig from 2015 pretty smoothly minus a little bit of jitter when it comes to Microtransactions in towns but that's within the margin of error.
"
Aalandra wrote:
Is this a joke? I have not been able to play the game without crashing for the entire league. Entering maps, hideout, any zone while in a load screen results in a crash 25% of the time. And when it does crash, trying to relaunch the game crashes repeatedly as well. There are PLENTY of posts pertaining to the issue in the "Crash" section of the bug report forums, and nothing has been said or done. Please don't claim its been "extremely smooth", what a joke.

Try changing it to DirectX 12. I was having constant crashes, but changing it from DX 11 fixed the issue immediately.
Lots of crashes! But otherwise a pretty fun league start!
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
Great league, and excellent QoL, especially the Currency trade.But have been having terrible performance issues, framerate goes from 100+ to 20-ish inside Hideout, even worse in maps.

P.S: Before anyone says anything about "buy a better PC", RTX 2080, and last league before the resolution scaling patch, everything was running smoothly
Still not a peep from GGG about fixing the Mac OS client.

I get that we're a smaller subsection of the PC category but were on day 4 of not being able to log in reliably/at all with "Unable to connect to instance" errors.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3533487
Last edited by Kaldrax on Jul 29, 2024, 7:29:19 AM
nice W clips of league launch
The qol changes and the melee rework has been amazing, everyone at ggg needs a pat on the back for this one
Numerous crashes caused by server overload. Playing off of the Texas server and it was kicking me off like crazy. Does seemed to have calmed down some. Really not fun running back through content because you didn't hit a portal.
I have a new computer with an I9 and 4070 TI Super, and launching the game from GeForce experience seems to work out the best (uses DX12 etc.)

"
Aalandra wrote:

Perhaps it's just "extremely smooth" for most PC players, and only crashing for a few? Lots of other players, like myself, aren't having any issues to speak of.

Out of curiosity, are you filing bug reports in the game client every time you recover from a crash, or just posting on the forum? While GGG do notice when people complain about game balance and interface design issues, the average forum post doesn't really give them enough info to diagnose a crashing issue unless it's happening a lot, so more bug reports = more attention to your issue. GGG have found and fixed several instance and client crash issues in the hotfixes they've released already, but if they haven't got to yours yet then reporting the bug is the best way to surface the problem.

Also, what's your hardware configuration? There's an issue right now with 13th and 14th gen Intel CPUs degrading over time, which could easily look like instability in your favourite software when it's really a hardware issue (Gamer's Nexus and Level1Techs have excellent coverage of the problem).
I AM READY. Nov. 15th, here we come!
Awesome league start, having a total blast! Thank you GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info